[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I activate my lats???? I do pullups, chinups,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: JUST.jpg (62KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
62KB, 300x289px
How the fuck do I activate my lats????

I do pullups, chinups, lat pulldowns, pendlay rows, cable rows, but I've seen no growth at all. I keep good form, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>40297711
Eat more
>>
Soak them in water for 2 hours, then peel them
>>
Dont pull from your hands, use them only as you would use hooks. Pull from your elbows/by moving your shoulderblades back or down depending on the movement. Dont be afraid to lower weight til you feel your lats working, form is more important than weight. Right now youre probably doing most of the work with biceps/arm flexors.
>>
>>40297949

This. Do the monkey grip, it helps a lot
>>
>>40297711

Chin ups aren't the most optimal for lats don't do them too much. Lat pulldowns are a meme unless your goal is purely strength. Both those rows will tire the shit out of you and work too many muscles if you just want to isolate your lats.

Stick to pull ups

Also when you do pull ups you need to lower your ROM you mong or else you wont be using your lats. If you dead hang or start too low you will use your arms and if you go too high you will use your upper back.
>>
>>40297949
>>40298066
Where, for example in lat pulldowns, is the movement most utilizing lats? The middle? When my arms are contracted and bar is near my neck?

What about angle? I don't kip when I do pullups/chins, but for pulldowns should I be leaning out so it's not a straight down movement?
>>
>>40297711
Think about pulling with your elbows when you pull.
>>
>>40298144

Yes around the middle, its one of the few exercises where you have to decrease your ROM to get the main mover doing most the work. Don't go higher than the bar at level with your forehead/eyebrows (depends on your anatomy). Dont unbend your arms more than necessary, if you focus you'll be able to feel when your arms take over when going too low.

And yes it should be a straight down movement for lat pulldowns. If you have trouble doing this it's probably the seat too high/low.
>>
Swimming.

Holy fuck, no gym work gives me such a sick lat pump as swimming does.
>>
>>40298387
Freestyle is an amazing lat exercise but not everybody has access to a pool. Plus not everybody knows how to swim or wants to get wet.
>>
Began doing high rep low volume wide grip lat pulldown, but the trick is that I don't go full rom. I do sets of 12-15 and keep the tension on the muscle the whole time I have a set going. That's how I learned how to activate my lats.

Also doing heavy dumbell rows is nice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.