[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In need of some advice /fit/. So I've been on a keto diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: avocado-og.jpg (46KB, 1200x630px)
avocado-og.jpg
46KB, 1200x630px
In need of some advice /fit/. So I've been on a keto diet for a couple months now, and have lost a fair amount of fat. My buddies and I made a spur of the moment decision today to go to Mexico for a week. There will be lots of drinking and eating of carbs. My question is, what is the best way to prepare for this? I have 10 days to prepare my body for what I'm about to put it through, however I'd like to be fairly lean by the time I arrive. I've considered doing a pre-competition style cut but I'm worried that I'm going to gain alot of fat throughout the week I'll be in mexico as my insulin sensitivity is in the shitter. So what do /fit/? Do I slowly re-introduce carbs back into my diet? Do I drop them completely and carb load to get that little bit of extra shred? Help me out homies
>>
File: 1352413036805.jpg (28KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
1352413036805.jpg
28KB, 400x228px
Bump.
>>
Fast as much as you can stand up until you go to Mexico. When you're there, just enjoy yourself. Skip meals if you can without it being obtrusive. When you get back, do some more fasting.
>>
>>40296473
Are you trying to give him alcohol poisoning
>>
>>40296524
He wants to get shredded, right? Eating little and drinking alcohol is like cheat mode cutting.
>>
>>40296544
Shredded is ideal, but if theres a way to minimize fat gain during the week that would be preferable
>>
>>40296569
Like I said, skip meals if you can. This is intermittent fasting, and intermittent fasting is keto but better. It will improve your insulin sensitivity more than keto because you're eating nothing.
>>
>>40296590
I'm actually doing both right now, probably should have mentioned that in the first post. I eat between 12-8pm (16 hour fast), but during that meal window my macros are set up for keto
>>
>>40296617
That's good. However, you might want to try undergoing longer fasts before and after your trip. I suggest alternate day fasting: https://authoritynutrition.com/alternate-day-fasting-guide/
>>
>>40296617
Do you feel good overall? how about the gains. i've been doing IF for 4 months right for slow and steady fat loss im trying to add keto on top of it as well.
>>
>>40297572
I've actually noticed increased mental clarity. Only problem is you have to be very mindful of what you eat/drink. I had a sugary alcoholic drink last week and I felt like shit for 3 days thereafter
>>
>>40296473
Eating disorder detected
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.