[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My numbers DL: 415 Bench: 215 OHP: 185 Pen Row: 275 Squat:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: doublback.png (622KB, 599x597px) Image search: [Google]
doublback.png
622KB, 599x597px
My numbers

DL: 415
Bench: 215
OHP: 185
Pen Row: 275

Squat: 225 (barely) (only ATG)

Is everyone who claims they hit 315 squat around when they hit 225 bench and 405 DL a memer?

I only do ATG to be fair, but the weight shouldn't be 90lbs off like that. My quads are pretty well developed even though I'm very glute dominate, what am I doing wrong?

I see so many douche bros with skinny legs quarter squatting 315, I don't think I have once seen anyone do a 315 atg at my gym, despite seeing multiple people do that for bench easy.

I mainly do bodybuilding so not really worried about strength, but these numbers shouldn't be this far off like that. I nearly bench what I squat, thats pretty fucked. My legs are the best and biggest part of my body besides my back.

Is ATG really holding back the strength gains that bad? I feel like it works my legs more, but im tired of seeing dyels their first week in the gym high repping my max and being satisfied with it.

I mean really, I could prob quarter squat 405, should I just say fuck it and do it for the ego?

Pic is related to those Pen Row gains
>>
Your row is significantly higher than your bench. If your row is strict, you should probably reevaluate your bench technique.

In terms of squats, what's your routine like?
>>
>>40293924
How did you get to a 275 pendlay row? I have almost the same stats like you but I suck at every row variation and my back looks meh.
Not sure why your squat is lacking, it must be technique. You don't have to go atg, in some cases it's as taxing for the knees as quarter squatting. Just try to get slightly below parallel and to notice a stretch reflex.
>>
>>40294012
> You don't have to go atg

Fuck off
>>
>>40293960
Good girl bad girls (hip abductors) until I feel loose and warmed up, usually about 5 sets of each until close to failure

atg squat with the bar for a set or two
then then 5x15 squats usually 135 or around there.
Then 5x5 of max weight (usually 185 or around there, been like that for the last 2 weeks)

Then deads 5x10 (usually dont max on those)
leg raises 5x failure
hamstring curls 5x failure
leg press 5x failure

then I do back to back to back calves, burning them out as hard as I can for at least 30 minutes. I mix it up every time, usually calve raises, donkey calf raises, shit like that, leg press calves, ect.
>>
>>40294041
epic memed xD
>>
>>40293924
Go as deep you can as long as you don't loose tightness.
Quarter reps have its place in training, specially on bodybuilding, just ignore people that treats it like a respectful full rep.
If it helps record yourself squatting at different heights, at different leg positions and at different weights, check the speed, form and efficiency of the movement. Having a partner that understands lifting also helps.
>>
>>40294012
I do a lot of wide grip pullups, I do not strict form t bar row with 285 for ez reps (usually 10 reps for 4 sets) and lots of supersets. Back days I always have the most fun with so they usually last longer.

Whenever I squat "parallel" I feel my knees go forward and I feel it almost kinda hurt. I like to bounce out of the hole or pause at the bottom so there is no stress on my knees most of the time.
>>
Just keep lifting. Maybe incorporate lunges and step ups on leg day with an emphasis on explosion.
> ex athlete with 5+ dead 4.5+ squat
>>
Drop deadlifts for a while and bring up your squat. I'm serious, you should make certain your shit is in good order and relatively well-balanced as otherwise you could end up with an injury. I pulled a hamstring deadlifting 5pl8 last year which I'm absolutely certain was due to my weak hamstrings being compensated for by my spinal erectors. My max squat at the time was just under 3.5pl8.
>>
>>40294045
Drop the 5x15 and just do more warm up sets after the bar. Sets of 5-3 should suffice. 5x5 is fine, just make sure you're making progress. Quarter squatting is going to wreck your knees, atg (at least below parallel) is going to be your safest bet and give you better overall development and strength.
>>
File: 1484001461612.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484001461612.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>40293924
Have you tried using a belt?
>>
>literally squats 225 for ONE rep
>that tiny frame
>"pen row 275 strict brah"

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nah, hitching that shit like your life depended on it

>benches 215 and talks shit about quarter squatters

okay big man lol
>>
>>40294250
Yeah, I had a hernia and after that I use a belt sometimes when I go heavy, cant use it on squats though because going atg makes it dig into my ribs like crazy.
>>
>>40293924
maybe swap up the 5x5 to and 3x5 or 5x3
>>
>>40293924
I know that feel OP. My numbers are all sorts of fucked.

DL: 295 x 6
Bench: 245 x 6
Squat: 245 x 6
OHP: 155 x 6

I don't understand how people have higher squats than bench. I struggle to finish my reps. Did 225lbs 5x6 yesterday and was fucking done by the end of it.
>>
>>40294509
I don't understand how its even possible to DL less then 315 and bench over 225 even if it is x6, I think your memin me son.
>>
>>40294656
I can DL 315 but the most I've got in a row was 4. My highest weight+reps is 295 x 6.
>>
Those feels where you can rep okay weights, but one rep max are no where near where they should be.

DL: 205kgx8
Bench: 100kgx21
Squat: 195kgx5
OHP: 67.5kgx12
Dumbbell Row: 50kgx28
>>
>>40293924
Every ones numbers are different bro. Some just have the genetics to grow certain muscles faster. I mean your ohp is very good to your bench, but that could also mean your bench is shit to your ohp. Give it a good while for your squat to go up, it will. Your dead lift is pretty dumb good though. My stats:
>bench 295
>squat 325
>diddy 360
>ohp 150
I'm 6ft 185-195lbs(fluctuates) but I don't look muscular like you at all. I look like a straight up dyel with clothes on.
>>
>>40294697
I know you have to cheat on rows but that db weight is ridiculous for 28 repa. Also why so many bench reps? Enter somehting we can compare to the other lifts at least
>>
File: Chris_855.webm (585KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_855.webm
585KB, 1280x720px
>pend row
>275
Yeah just don't believe it babe
>>
File: shrugs.png (20KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.png
20KB, 300x200px
>>40294744
I don't see why not, pen rows are easy.
I was always a swimmer and had a body ment for back, but even then if you train pen rows like you train bench and squat you gain hella strength fast asf.

Prob not as perfect form as I could do with 225 or 185, but about as perfect as your gana get when trying to do a 1 rep max on something that requires you to be bent over throughout the whole motion.
>>
>>40294744
Why not? I think it's very technical despite what you read from plebbit. It usually people that parrot how pendlay rows are back only which are the worst, you can get quite a lot of hip drive during the row. Pendlay states this himself.
>>
File: Kirill_400kg_Deadlift.webm (1MB, 556x580px) Image search: [Google]
Kirill_400kg_Deadlift.webm
1MB, 556x580px
>>40294791
I have only seen Glenn do strict rows when demonstrating

>>40294772
I deadlift 600 lbs for reps and 275 p row without super cheat form is a fucking lot of weight
>>
>>40294852
Its not light, but if you can tbar row 315 you have the strength for a 275 pen row. After that its all form. Underhand is easier for most, but I mean do I not look like I have the rear delts for overhand? Most people don't even know rear delts are a thing and I train them religiously.
>>
File: kH662wb.jpg (344KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
kH662wb.jpg
344KB, 2048x1365px
>Is everyone who claims they hit 315 squat around when they hit 225 bench and 405 DL a memer?

No, they're just lifting closer to properly than you.

I'm at
Press 50kg
Bench 100kg
Squat 150kg
Deadlift 120kg

because I only started deadlifting recently. Either way you're clearly doing something wrong if you've been Deadlifting and Squatting the same amount of time.

ATG is fine if you're not deadlifting, otherwise you're probably slightly overcompensating and would be better served going parallel, especially as far as progress is concerned

Work on fixing your form first and foremost.

Also drop the 5x15. If you care about progress at least.
>>
>>40294772
>pen rows are easy
I don't think you know what pen rows are.
>>
>>40294998
I don't think you do pen rows consistently.

Benching was hard too... when I was 12 and didn't know how to lift properly.
>>
>>40294926
>do I not look like I have the rear delts for overhand

you really don't
>>
>>40293924
you just aren't built well for squats, most likely
>>
Get a real program instead of doing whatever stupid shit you're doing for squats. If you want better squats, do 5/3/1 or TM or a strength program, even if it's just the squat portion. Though looking at your other lifts it seems like you'd benefit from a strength program all around. I like 531, should give it a try friendo.
>>
>>40293924

DL: 295
Bench: 205
Squat: 225 raw 275 with a belt.

Try a belt OP. But I have similar question, why is my bench so close to my squat? I used to just do brosplits with chest and arms is that why?
>>
You might just be squatting with bad form OP, take a deep breath lock every part tight and slowly descend to below parallel and then go up.

Your bench is far stronger than your squat, like your squat is novice level if that but bench intermediate.

Personally i find less is more for legs, i lift for 30-45 min 2-3 times a week and do a few working sets and my legs grow quick and get strong, my best squat below parallel is 410lb @ 205lb and my legs are 27".
>>
>>40293924
theory
1. you cant brace for shit and don't know how to squat
2. your deadlifts are round backed, and you cheat the fuck out of your "pendlay" rows
>>
>all the people ITT saying not to go ATG
I thought New Years was over a month ago.
If someone asks how much you lift for reps and you say how much you can barely go parallel with, you're the people pretending to lift that we make fun of.
>>
>>40294270
You aren't actually capable of going atg. You are losing tightness and flexing your spine to gain depth. If you really could do go atg your belt would not cause any problems. Do some planks before you squat, put on the belt, descend a bit slower, and focus on bracing your core.
>>
>>40296688
>implying atg is the enlightened method
Anon pls
>>
>>40296688
Oh yay. This is now an ATG vs. Parallel thread.
>>
I've had trouble with squats too, i've always been able to progress on deadlifts rather smoothly in comparison to squats, actually stopped squatting recently because I have piriformis issues and when I squat it fucks my lower back up, even with correct form. I've gotten back to squatting a few days ago and I feel like i've lost my flexibility, I tried low bar and it felt fucking horrible, and when I squat high bar I can't seem to keep my torso vertical enough, I just lean forward regardless of how much mobility work and stretching I do, as well as a significant amount of buttwink, i'll be the guy on his phone doing leg presses.
>>
>>40297062
>If you really could do go atg your belt would not cause any problems.
Unless he's an hourglass-shaped abortion of a human like me.

I can squat 4pl8 ATG, 210kg low enough to get 3 whites, but I cannot use a belt unless I'm above 24% bodyfat.

Anytime when I don't actually eat a family-sized pizza with extra double kebab toppings as my 5th meal the belt either pushes my free ribs inside or chafes the skin on my hips enough to bleed.
The pain throws me off enough for me to loose concentration and tightness in the hole.
>>
>>40296609
this

stats:
>Diddly: 165 kg 1 x 5
>squats: 130 kg 3 x 5
>OHP: 60 kg 3 x 5
>Dips: +25 kg 3 x 5
>Chinups: +20 kg 3 x 5
>>
>>40293924
You have round muscles, and thats it, you dont appear to be strong at all. Only idiots go ATG by the way, my knees feel like they're going to explode and my hernia screams when I ATG 350, not doing it anymore.
Also, how do you pendlay row 275 with a 405 DL? Somethings not adding up
>>
>>40299215
>that back
>doesn't look strong
Not him but fuck off. Post your back. And it's obvious from his squats that his lower body isn't strong so that explains why he can't deadlift a lot. Your back can't do all the work. Use your brain.
>>
>>40293924
>I only do ATG
meaning you do highbar?

what did you expect?
>>
>>40293924
Stop rounding your back on the Deadlift and you will see your numbers are more even than you think.
>>
>>40294080
>i deadlift 4.5pl8 while half squatting 2.5pl8 on my full cut

You just have shit genetics or havent been powerlifting too long
>>
>>40293924

I feel for you

dl 405
bench 270
squat 225

It just hurts doing bench at 205 for 5x5

then 315 x 5 for deads

and then setting up only 185 for squat. It is fucking embarrassing.

At least I am squatting 3 times a week now to try and fix this.

Also, miring that back.
>>
>>40299215
>I'm a retard with bad form, so nobody could possibly get it right and manage to not hurt himself!
>>
bench : 115
ohp : 105
squat : 225
dl : 275
all x5
Just end my life
>>
>>40300022

CHECKED

>tfw this faggot who can't even bench 200 or deadlift 400 can still squat as much as you

how long you been lifting anon?
>>
>>40300038
6 months continuously
9 months total
Started skellie 5'10"
I have really long arms
>>
File: index.jpg (13KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13KB, 259x195px
>>40300075

Oh, well that is pretty good all things considering.

Keep at it anon.

How much do you weigh and how much protein a day do ya get?
>>
>>40300090
thanks senpai
around 155-160 havent weighed myself recently
I live in a dorm so I dont track my macros
breakfast : 2 spoons peanut butter 2 spoons nutella
lunch and dinner : 1/2 a pepperoni pizza and add plain turkey meat from the salad bar
>>
>>40300022
Me but 95 OHP and for 5x5

Can't seem to improve bench at all. Weigh 180 6'3
>>
>>40300271

You are going to have some trouble making gains if ya don't get your protein.

If you can spare 5 dollars a day, get tubs of greek yogurt.

the kind i get has 4 servings, 100 grams of protein, and about 560 calories (so its not hard at all to get down.)

If you can get in one of those a day, you could probably fill the rest of your protein requirements from a normal diet.

Most athletes need about .5 to 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight.

but what do i know, I am just some faggot from the internet

>>40300323

Hello Mr. Skeleton
>>
File: IMG_0209.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0209.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>40300339
This is unflexed from the front. Am I really mr skeleton? Have slight gyno(actual mass and some fat) and maybe a bit of pectus excavatum.
>>
>>40293924
lol wtf tanner
>>
Like other anons have said focus on effective bracing OP. I have been struggling with this problem and by deloading temporarily and really focussing on bracing my core as hard as I can throughout the lift I'm not struggling as much with squats.

The other cue that helped for me was trying to "spread the floor" on the way up, really trying to engage my glutes.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.