[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that most /fit/izens acknowledge the "no cardio"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1484758245460.jpg (47KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
1484758245460.jpg
47KB, 800x615px
Now that most /fit/izens acknowledge the "no cardio" bullshit as a meme, we can discuss the best cardio to supplement strength training.

How to optimize cardio for gains?
>>
I don't know I bike to work and that's an hour of cardio each day.
>>
>>40289480

cardio is mostly separate and unrelated to gainz, it's good for overall health but other than the small amount of cals you burn doing it it will have no impact on how swole you get.
>>
>>40289480
I just jog 5k on rest days, and skip rope between sets when lifting.
>>
>>40289480

20 minutes steady state running at medium speed for keeping average cardio

Fartlek / interval running for weight loss / running endurance / cardiovascular

Bicycle on leg days for improved blood flow

Swimming for dat der V taper and wide shoulders
>>
Running is fun
>>
>>40289480
Rowing, like a c2 tower, it's one of the few things crossfit got right, low impact, and feels like I ran miles after doing a couple 1000m row sprints which only takes a bout 15 minutes, more efficient and gets your full body warmed up for whatever comes next or helps stretch you all out after a workout
>>
>>40289577
Autocorrect sorry c2 rower
>>
File: strongmankettlebell.jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
strongmankettlebell.jpg
23KB, 300x400px
>>40289480

Kettlebells. It's the weightlifters cardio.
>>
>>40289540
>confirmed sociopath
>>
>>40289480
>cardio
>gains
pick one
>>
>>40289540
You arent a human being
>>
>>40289480
I like to do decently heavy farmers walks and flip tires for reps
>>
>>40289480
I have awful knees (no i'm not fat, just old).

What is best for cardio at the gym?
>>
File: XHBa71T.jpg (70KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
XHBa71T.jpg
70KB, 702x1024px
>>40289480
>Now that most /fit/izens acknowledge the "no cardio" bullshit as a meme
>>
File: IMG_8154.jpg (47KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8154.jpg
47KB, 480x480px
I just love cycling, it feels amazing, fucking relaxing for me. I put on headphones, listen to any metal garbage and just cycle to the flow. Sometimes I get self-conscious, wondering if people around are thinking about how autistic I look. But mostly of the time I just enjoy myself and don't give a fuck.
That's the only cardio I do at the gym, by the way. Running feels boring to me.
>>
>haven't done cardio since I quit competitive swimming
>thought i'd do a lap of the pool to see what my time is
>swam slower than my time when I was 12
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gonna add some cardio in for now on and just eat more to cover it.
>>
>>40291773
similar story

>just come out of year-long depression due to moving the fuck out of a dead-end town.
>probably well-over a year since I had practiced cardio
>visit my sister
>her and her friends invite me hiking
>they keep up a good pace, I was literally getting winded just by walking at a brisk pace
>had to stop because I thought I was gonna barf
>was exhausted the rest of the day

real wake-up call. started practicing cardio after that.
>>
>>40289577
this

or any other erg machine, ski erg, assault bike etc.

best thing about them is you can just do 10 minutes and get a serious full body workout
>>
>>40291714
Cycling is a good low impact cardio. I blew one of my knees up in highschool so I feel your pain. I ended up buying a tiny under desk exercise bike just so I can do cardio after work.

If your gym has a pool, swimming is another good low impact cardio exercise you can do.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.