[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How legit is this device? I've had it a couple of days and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Fitbits.jpg (48KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fitbits.jpg
48KB, 600x300px
How legit is this device? I've had it a couple of days and I think I've got to grips with it. I'm not sure if it's functioning correctly though, since it seems to be too generous. For those that don't know, you put in some data - height, weight, etc - and it has a heartrate monitor and it calculates your calories out. You also put in all the things you eat that day and it tells you the 'budget'. So if you want to lose weight and eat a cake or whatever you have to work it off.

The interesting thing about that is that rather than tell you your maintenance amount without factoring in exercise, the device makes it a more flexible level accordingly. So for example, if you would need 1800 kcal sedentary and then exercised buring off 300 - well, you get the idea.

Anyway, what's confusing me is this. I haven't been to the gym today, I've just walked 7000 steps and gone up and down some stairs 25 times. And yet, despite having eaten a bunch (approx 2300 kcal) it's telling me I'm still below the sensible threshold for weight loss. I'm running a deficit of about 1000, though I don't feel as though I've eaten any less or done any more than usual. What am I missing?
>>
Charge 2 here

Not sure if i like it, it's great for cardio and it...seems fine for weightlifting as far as i can tell

There are a couple of issues i have with it, the biggest one being that it has a habit of being unable to read my heart rate when sweat gets under the monitor
> mfw a fucking FITNESS device that has issues functioning when the body sweats
>>
>>40288133
Yeah, I've got the same one. One thing I'm unsure about - I take it you've been setting it to exercise mode, weights etc? Well, when it's in weights mode for example, it goes to a stop watch. Now, suppose you do three sets and have a break of up to a minute between sets. Do you let it run during those breaks, or stop it? I tend to just pause it when I have a longer break before moving onto a different exercise, but maybe that's wrong. I can't find any guidance on that. Obviously your heart rate will still be elevated, but you're not actually lifting at that moment so I'm unsure.
>>
>>40288202
I have no idea but I wanted you to know that I also can't find any info on this.
But other then that it's a pretty good device to help monitor my TDEE more accurately
>>
>>40288550
So you think it's an accurate appraisal of TDEE then? Can its numbers be trusted? I suppose time will tell, but as I said I don't feel as though I'm doing anything different than usual but at a deficit of 500-1000 per day I ought to see results.
>>
>>40288108
Charge 2 here as well. TDEE and heart rate are the most imporant to me, most metrics seem accurate.

I have to admit there is not way the active minutes is accurate though. It's always way too high.
>>
>>40288763
I wondered about that. It made some sense - it was at its highest on my walk to and from work, and at work I could see where I'd gone up and down the stairs - but I think the level of exercise required to count as 'active' is a little bit low. Maybe there ought to be provision to move the threshold. I also wondered if it might be based on heartrate, so if it was fair elevated then it would assume you were under stress. So for a fat fuck a walk might well do it.
>>
it's a meme, you do not need to measure ur calories spent on exercise, only the calories you eat
>>
I have the Blaze. It works great.
It's worth it if you find it on sale, I got mine for like $190 AUD.
>>
Got the Charge HR, the sleep tracker helps alot and resting HR gives me a pretty good idea at where im at heart-health wise.
>>
>>40288108
Have a ONE, and the accuracy of the actual step / distance calculator is pretty hilarious. On a 1 mile track, it will generally measure about 0.7 miles. This varies wildly between 0.6 and 0.8 though, so it's not even accurate to ITSELF.

So yeah, I distrust the actual readings almost completely. The only reason I continue to use it is to get a company-sponsored health insurance discount. Even then, the syncing is so bad that I have to babysit it anyway
>>
>>40288108

I have a charge hr an I am obsessed with it. If you like tracking intake anyways then u will like it too

The app is OK but I still use MyFitnessPal to check recipes since Fitbit is not good at that.

Is it accurate? Maybe...It seems to round down at least so for weight loss that's for the best

My one con is that the band aggravates my skin
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.