[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article /a-look-into-the-bedr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 21

File: 1486258784170.jpg (37KB, 487x444px) Image search: [Google]
1486258784170.jpg
37KB, 487x444px
>https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/a-look-into-the-bedrooms-of-20-somethings-still-living-at-home?utm_source=vicefbca
does /fit/ still live with their parents?
>>
one of the easiest ways to save a shitton of money in a couple of years
>>
>>40274987
I moved out when I was 17, but my parents kept paying until I was 23.

Pretty pathetic desu
>>
>>40274987
I'm 23 and still live with them, feels like absolute shit
But fuck it's not like I could afford to move out and go to school
>>
20 years old in college, still live with my parents since it's a 15 minute walk from campus.
Graduate and moving out in about a year to join the Army.
>>
>>40274987
Nope, but if my business fails I'll be right back there.

There's no wage stability and inflation will probably fuck up my cash flow. If I lose a fee clients then no idea how I'll cope.

I'm not even in my own house, there's no affordable homes and rents are ridiculous. I feel like I made a few mistakes when I was 17 and choosing my degree and I've fucked up my life for good.
>>
File: Brendan_Fraser_cropped.jpg (98KB, 837x892px) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_Fraser_cropped.jpg
98KB, 837x892px
Im 19 & yes
I'm not looking realistically to move out until 4-6 more years.
>tfw 4-6 years of no privacy or gf
>>
>>40275052
Makes it a lot harder to get laid unless the girl has a dorm/apartment and then you gotta worry about roommates
>>
>>40275080
everyone here does it in their car
>>
>>40274987
yes I live with my parents

it is super depressing

we shall, all of us, work minimum wage jobs and live in squalor till the day we die.
>>
>>40275076
EMBRACE SLAVERY

SUBMIT TO ETERNITY
>>
>>40275099
if you work minimum wage there's literally no way to move out
>>
21 I own the house but my mother lives with me, dad died when I was about 5.
>>
Yes since I only earn £20,000
>>
>>40275123
unless you rent a room in a house with 5 other people

EMBRACE SLAVERY

SUBMIT TO ETERNITY

YOU SHALL ALL BE POOR FOREVER
>>
>>40275097
I don't have a car, FWB doesn't have a car and lives at home too... it's depressing. Kill me.
>>
>>40274987
yes, it's the only way I can afford my creatine addiction.
>>
Does she come with the bedroom?
>>
>>40274987
yea, my momma cooks my food, i love her\
>tfw ur mother will die in ur lifetime
>>
I do, but it's because my dad can't afford the mortgage after the divorce. I've got my own bedroom, living room, and bathroom I just renovated. I'm cozy, and once I explain my situation girls are fine with it.
>>
>Currently 28
>Brother moved out 5 years ago when he was 28
>Me and him bought the condo unit he lived in, as an investment for me
>sold it less than 5 years later
>profited $40k each while I saved up during those years
>bought myself a condo in a valuable area with more than $150k down on it
>moving in 3 months

If you don't want to be a rentcuck your whole life, it's possible but takes longer than boomers.
>>
>>40275116
Honestly I'll probably end up in a revolutionary commune the way this is going. Pretty sure this is late stage capitalism and I need to get ahead of the curve
>>
20 in march and yeah. moved back in after a year at uni to hopefully save up some money and better manage my financial situation.

Clearly that was a shitty decision because food/gas/car repairs are taking up about 70% of my income.
>>
File: 1382799686944.jpg (36KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1382799686944.jpg
36KB, 500x625px
>>40274987
>literally the poorest generation since the great depression
>"why do they still live with their parents?"
>>
>>40274987
Yes, there's no way I can afford rent around here
>>
24 and yes.
But I'm from a country where staying at your parents as long as you're not married is normal.
>>
>>40275080
I never understood this meme. I've had every member of my family knock on my locked door during sex. We usually stop, put on huge shit eating grins and start up again quietly with them still knocking.
>>
>>40275217
EMBRACE SLAVERY

SUBMIT
>>
No, I get paid to live in a castle with no bills and no rent.

The only downside is living in a medieval castle with hundreds of rooms alone.
>>
>>40275199
Depends entirely on your circumstances. Of course it's possible but you only hear the success stories. There's no way I could physically save enough to put down a deposit in the UK at the moment.

I ended up starting a business because the only other work I could even consider was zero hour contract stuff and no guarantee of monthly earnings. I made a single mistake because my teachers convinced me to do an engineering degree I knew I couldn't handle and ended up with a stressful and uncertain future.

Shit's fucked
>>
>>40275233
A lot of people still think that if you still live at home you're a huge loser.

In my case, I have Christian parents and I'm sure my mom would just beat down the door and smack me. Fucking crazy Asian parents
>>
File: wyihg3bswwdy.jpg (72KB, 900x773px) Image search: [Google]
wyihg3bswwdy.jpg
72KB, 900x773px
Moved out at 17, never regretted it

Get your ass out, brehs
It's going to fix your life
>>
>>40274987
yes but I'm 18
>>
>>40275233
I don't care about splitting some cheeks with the family home, but there's not a lot of girls who want to do that with some dudes parents home, at least not after high school.
>>
>>40275229
Are you European by any chance?
>>
>>40275300
To some degree, but especially a long term gf it really usually isn't that big of an issue, but it completely depends on your circumstances.
>>
File: 285dc52.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
285dc52.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
ITT:
Kids < 22 y/o complaining about living at home while they work or commute to school

Kids > 22 y/o complaining about the fact that they majored in worthless shit because they hadn't developed foresight by the age of 18, and also complaining about being unable to afford rent in the urban areas they thought it would be a good idea to live in, thus justifying their moving back in with their parents
>>
Moved out at 21. 24 now and doing fine, but my mom keeps suggesting that I move back in because there's no need to be spending that rent money but it's really just a pride thing for me. Plus the first time a girl spent the night, she came in at 7AM while we're both still naked and asleep and asked if we wanted breakfast and that was just awkward.
>>
>>40275077
just fucking move out
>>
>>40275316
Yeah but no I'm not italian. Not from Greece either.
I'm from Belgium but I'm Morroccan.
>>
>>40275341
I regret wasting the past 5 years of my life not getting a degree (I'm 23) but I'm sure as fuck glad I missed out on that mess
>>
Adult kids staying with their parents is perverse and unnatural

It's going to fuck you up, all of you
>>
>>40275341
embrace eternal slavery bro
>>
>>40274987
Yeah, and I fucking hate it.
>>
>>40275266
I girl I know moved out and rented as soon as she was 18 so she could live the trendy downtown life. Now she's in her 30s and having panic attacks she won't be able to pay her bills because she got a flat tire on her bicycle. Sad!
>>
>>40275368
agreed

embrace eternal slavery

we shall live as poor and destitute for eternity while the television tells us we are rich and affluent.

quiet desperation till the end of days.
>>
yeah ngl. I probably look like a loser with no pride taking advantage of my parents' kindness, but I'll take that stigma over crushing debt any day of the week. No shame.
>>
If I were to move out I would have no contact with anybody ever.

Things could only get worse.
>>
>>40274987
my parents own 3 houses so they let me take over the mortgage of one. I'm a piece of shit though so it's a constant mess. I only stay in one room out of the 4. I don't go out or bring anyone over because I don't want to clean.
>>
>>40275368
i'm living with them right now and i agree, it's fucking me up
>>
>>40275341
>2017
>unironic "pull yourself up by your bootstraps"
>>
>>40274987

30 now, lived with my parents from age 21 (end of uni) until age 28. It definitely had downsides and I felt like a loser at the time but now I own my own home and have about £60k in savings and investments and live a very comfortable life while most of my friends struggle to rub two £10 notes together to make rent.

If I'd not moved back in with them I'd probably only have £15-20k and would defiantly still be renting.
>>
I've seen way too many people who have their apartments, food, and bills paid for by their parents to give a shit about people who live at home.
>>
I see nothing wrong with living at home while you are getting education or working. It put you in a lot better financial standing when you leave. I will graduate in 1.5 years with an engineering degree and leave with no debt, I have an internship at a local company and have been offered a job when I graduate. I will continue to live at home until I save up a downpayment on a house, and then move out into my own house at age 22 and have roommates that will cumulatively pay my whole mortgage. I will have my housing paid for while I gain equity in the house and will have the ability to aggressively invest and have the ability to retire very comfortably at age 40 if I choose to do so
>>
>>40275140
what's the point of moving to a house with no privacy and paying for it when you could just live at home with no privacy for free?
>>
>>40275367
For college to be a smart decision you basically have to be going to a school that is: cheap (< 40k all together), accredited, close enough for you to commute from home (eliminate all housing/living costs, so you're only paying tuition), and then you have to be going for a good degree.

Not many degrees are marketable in that they will land you jobs in that field. And then you have to consider the fact that you're basically locking yourself into the pursuit of that field, if you end up doing something else you probably didn't need the degree to begin with.

Long story short, if your degree doesn't require you to take up to at least Calc 2 then you should just enter the workforce at 18 & skip college.
>>
>>40275505
there's a difference between telling people to stop making horrible choices and telling people to make the best of their situation.
>>
>>40275539
Your parents don't give you a curfew of ground you or try to control you
>>
>>40275260
I'll move in with you
>>
>>40275652
Once you're older than 18 your parents don't give you a curfew or control you in nearly the same way. If they do you should move out.
>>40275551
I want to contend this. I go to college in the midwest but I live in New York. I'm working on an engineering degree from a top 15 school and I work a little but my parents pay for most everything. I stay away from pathetic by only letting my parents pay rent and necessities at college, I buy all my own booze and herb, pay my own frat dues, spend my own money on food when I go over budget. I think I'll turn out alrrght.
>>
25 and just moved out for uni.

Hopefully i never need to move back in, but i expect I'll be renting for a long while.
>>
>>40274987
I moved out when I was 22
Still in the same city, only a 15 minute drive away, but I wanted to be independent. I don't regret it
>>
>>40275099
Orrr maybe you could work your ass off for a year for Gre sat or whatever level you are at and get a degree that will actually give you employable skills. I know fucking Pajeets who were dirt poor when they came here and have made something of themselves. It's all about attitude
>>
>>40275368
In the past adult children would stay at home until they found someone to marry, then they would move in together in their own house. So it might be the other way around that telling your kids to leave when they become an adult is perverse and unnatural.
>>
>21
>moved out at 19
>shared but now living alone
>costs me a fortune (75% of income) on rent and bills
>rest goes on food, alcohol, weed, ciggies etc
>parents won't take me back
>can't save money for shit
>always borrow £100+ each month I will never pay back

such is life
>>
>>40274987

I moved out at 18

I stayed with my parents for a week when I was waiting to move into a new place. It was miserable. I would almost rather live in my car.
>>
File: 1458180728861.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458180728861.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>40275077
If your parents aren't ok with their 20 year old son having a female sleep over in his bed they either think you are a fuck head or are fuck heads themselves.

>mfw I lived with parents from 21 to 24 then bought our house from them outright with the money I saved and my parents are now able to build their dream house.

The nuclear family is truly the most important aspect of a thriving society.
>>
>>40275788
>alcohol weed ciggies
Man this definitely isn't your fault and your parents should definitely take you back.
>>
Moved out right after college. Living in SF now.
>>
>>40275788
>alcohol, weed, ciggies etc
Heres your problem
>>
>>40275822
I actually quit weed and cigarettes but have since replaced with nights out which I'd argue is worse

I'm desperately trying to live a boring soul destroying life indoors but it's fucking hard bro
>>
Yes, but where they live is far too convenient not too. I can't find enough time to study full time + internships + pay rent in this city, but I would if I could. 23 btw.
>>
>>40275052
Hope you're in ROTC or applied for OCS, and not going in Enlisted.
>>
>21
>lived away from home mostly since the age of 10 (boarding school around 40 weeks a year, then living at uni)
>house for final year fell through and had to move home
>had to quit my job to make sure I don't fuck up final year, so no fresh income coming in

its suffering /fit/, already started looking for somewhere to move out to with some friends after I graduate. Luckily I saved almost all of my pay from work so I have a decent amount of money saved up, but sadly nowhere near enough to use as a deposit and take out a mortgage provided I get a decent enough job
>>
>>40275137

I know a guy who only earns £14000 and owns a motorbike, a car, a two bedroomed house, and is married.
>>
>>40275861
Gpa isn't high enough to be competitive for infantry so I'm enlisting infantry and hoping to get a chance to go straight to RASP after OSUT, no opt.40 since I needed a med waiver.
>>
>>40275137
I earn 21000

this is me
>>40275788

I envy you
>>
>>40275033

And yet you're still broke, faggot.
>>
>Joined Army at 20 after finishing community college
>Finished BA by 25
>Married at 28
>at 30 Bought a decent home with mortgage and insurance = mid-tier rent for area
>First kid arrived just before turning 31
>Left the Army for much better paying job that is less demanding on time/energy/family

Just like anything else it requires sacrifice and planning. Also you need to have a Plan B, C, D etc and don't be afraid to commit to change in order to achieve your goal.
>>
>>40275881
he probably spends many a sleepless night thinking about his house of cards and its imminent collapse
>>
Yeah I'm 25 and I make $35k a year and I have already saved 100 grand since high school
>>
>>40275368
>is perverse and unnatural

It's only in the last 50 years of less (and even then more of an american culture thing) that moving out at 18 proper (i.e. dorms or houseshare at uni don't count as 'moving out') is a thing at all. If anything, it is you people who are unnatural. There is nothing perverse about the situation as for the majority of humanity extended families was far more common and still is in most countries (which again don't share the perverse, unnatural, and unsustainable american way of life).
>>
>>40275883
Best of luck to you, mate. One of the most respected Colonels I knew enlisted at age 18 and gradually moved up the ranks, getting his credits during active duty, and was eventually promoted to the officer ranks. Either way, even if you didn't get into officership after undergrads, you can still have a very successful military career. Best of luck.
>>
I'd move out but I don't wanna appropriate white culture.
>>
>>40275940

I should add I also know a consultant (doctor) who earns over £50000 and rents and doesn't own a car.

It's a strange world.
>>
>>40275949
Thanks, I've got plans for after the Army if I don't want to stay past one enlistment but I think it would be really great to do 20+ and enjoy it.
>>
I guess I should be honest here and share my experience for once

Living at home after 20 is one of the worst things you can do in your life and you will be left behind and won't progress until later in life. If you are smart and living at home thats cool, but don't let the comfort of living with enough money to get by and staying comfortable be your life.

I lived with my parents and two other brothers and one sister until I was 26, and than I moved to another state on my own, was offered a top job in my profession and now have my own apartment at 28. The worst things is I have become a loner, from years of working, and coming home late at night to sleep in my room, alone and miserable. My family knew I was miserable all the time and the move to another state to jump start my career was a great one, but it came at a cost. All those times I have wasted from 20-26 just living at home with my parents, and my mom constanly wanting to cook for us, it leaves an impression on your life that someone will be there to take care of you, but it isn't needed and shouldn't be socially accepted. You have to move out, and learn to live life on your own, at this point seeing my family 3-4 times a year can be hell, but I could never move back to that house. I have learned so much being on my own. and I have finally seen what life can really be about

tldr. used to be a unsuccessful guy who lived at home since 26
tldr. was always depressed and continued the cycle of feeling like shit, in the end you need to move on and you should in no way live under your parents roof unless they need help for some reason... there is no exception to this, for you to be a productive member of society and a well functioning person you can't and should not live under your parents roof, that is childish behavior
>>
>>40275922
and how are you doing financially?
>>
>>40275955
kek
>>
>>40276038
he lives with his mom too, he just doesn't make money let alone gains
>>
How the fuck am I expected to go to law school and also have a job that is profitable enough so I can pay my own rent, food, bills etc.?
This is sone retarded baby boomer logic. Things are expensive today, even while living frugal.
>>
I moved out 4 months ago.

Because I have to track my finances more carefully now, I'm actually saving and investing more money a month than I was when I lived at home.

I also got a GF but that is more coincidental than anything else I think.
>>
>>40275341
ITP

An american
>>
>>40275390
Need beta fagg9t
>>
>>40274987
21, gf may be preggo, prob have to move out soon.
fuck my life.
>>
>>40274987
23, own apartment by 19, looking for a house with fiancée and getting married in July.
BTFO NEETfags
>>
>>40274987
yep, literally the only way I can afford college, even with a job.
>>
>>40274987
I'm a college grad, who manages people, making 50k+ a year and I still live with my parents.
>>
>>40276786
Kek, amerifats feelin' the freedom.
>>
>>40276797
at least there arent any rapefugees in my neighborhood Hans
>>
>>40276808
Seems like some judges be changing that.
>>
>>40275359
leave europe sandnigger noone wants you here

How many women habe you harassed so far?

How many Europeans habe you beaten up with your 5 buddies while they were alone?
>>
>>40274987
I lived at home until I finished my bachelor's, when I was 23. If my mom didn't live in the ghetto in Philly I wouldn't have moved out so fast. I would have gotten two years or so of work experience and did my Masters full time while working part time unlike now where I had to do the opposite.
>>
I'm 26 and still live with my mom and little brother.she is ill and have a limited income. She could not pay rent and bills by herself so I help her paying rent and bills . With my income , it is not possible for me to afford my own logement and help her and my brother. I'm kind of stuck here .
>>
I'm 21 and doing this until I get out of school. I don't have time for a gf anyways, lifting, school and work is more important to me
>>
My parents have an attached apartment to their house that I live in. Has it's own bathroom/shower, kitchen, fridge, etc.

>Basically my own apartment
>Free rent
>Free utilities
>Saving god knows how much money a month
>>
Moving out next year. Hoping to bank enough over the summer and holding off being an overly spendy goyim over the fall semester to have a nice little egg set up to start renting and buy the house amenties I will need like a new bed. (Been sleeping on a tempurpedic one for ten years now)
>>
File: 1396879850865.png (128KB, 303x316px) Image search: [Google]
1396879850865.png
128KB, 303x316px
>>40274987
>want to move out since 20
>live in ontario
>a house costs half a million dollars
>need to save for collage
>>
>>40276025
Damn, How long you stayed a NEET?
>>
>>40277171

houses in the u.s run between 100,000-200,000 outside of the jewfied areas. Does canuck government just not allow people to build houses?
>>
File: 1480140793068s.jpg (3KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480140793068s.jpg
3KB, 104x125px
25 y/o
2 degrees
Moved back home in August for the first time since I left for school

Quit my part time job to find a career. Interviews take forever. I help run a website while Im back. My parents are wealthy enough to not care, plus we all get along fine. But all my friends and GF are 200 miles away.

I hate being back because I just want a career. I just want to be busy and make money. Wish I would've gotten a different degree for my second.
>>
>>40276093
Do you actually go to law school? Becuase the government or whatever gives you a loan to have your own place and basic living requirements.
>>
23 and yes living at home till i graduate Nursing School and pay off my loans

saving money
>>
23, my mom and I go to the gym together, and she's a mean /fit/ cook.
Plus, I love my dog.
What is not to like?
>>
>>40277305
Nice. I'm getting started with nurse school next year. Pretty much the same plan as you
>>
>>40274987
Yep. 20 year old ME major. Hopefully ill be getting out within a year but if nothing else, not long after i get my degree.
>>
File: 1483217324744.jpg (84KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1483217324744.jpg
84KB, 1024x683px
>make 41k
>taxes makes it 32k
>live with mommy
>hit 5 figures because I still live with mommy
>sitting with 4 grand right now because I bought literally everything I want
>bought a jacuzzi for my familys house too LMAO
It's only been 1.5 years but hey, don't plan on moving yet. Payed off my student debt my first year of working. Car is next. Literally set by the end of next year. Then I'll think about moving after another year or two.

The only problem I run into is when I can bring a sloot home to bang because it has to be their place or before parents get home. I'm not going to waste 10 grand a year just so I can get an extra 3 fuckies per week
>>
In my kebab removal country it's pretty normal for people to live with their parents until they complete university or get married, ie~27 years old
Then again I lost my pops and I couldn't leave my mother on her own, while in US it's shocking for someone to live with his parents past age 20
It's a culture thing
>>
>>40274987
I'm 29 and still live at home. It sucks balls but at least my parents are very gracious. The good news is that at least I have college finished and fully paid for plus a modest new car, also fully paid. So far I also have $25,000 cash saved up plus $15,000 in investments. I'm hoping I'll have enough to buy a home within the next year but all the houses in my area are absurdly expensive these days. I don't think my situation is that bad but it still sucks since it's basically killed my dating life for the least 5+ years.
>>
>>40274987
I moved out when I was 22. I would have moved out earlier because I had a real job, but my mom really didn't want me to leave. She was upset when I eventually left, and didn't understand why I didn't want to live with my parents when I could easily afford my own place.
>>
No, but I still hoard nearly everything I own into my bedroom.
>>
I still live with my parents. They make too much for me to get any federal aid for college and they won't pay for any of it. They charge me $400 a month rent, and I must buy my own food and whatever else I need. Not really sure what my options are...
>>
>>40274987
wonder how much she benches
>>
>>40275652
Why the fuck would they give you a curfew?
I mean I understand that it's their house their rules but a curfew? What are you twelve?
>>
>>40277999
claim you are an independent when you file for financial aid
>>
>>40275812
Why was living with your parents so bad?
>>
>>40278027
They denied my claim. Appealed it all the way up to the state. Still denied.
>>
>>40277290
Yes take out a loan instead of living with your parents. Makes total sense to me!
>>
>>40277330
Yea parents are cool....dont wanna make me move out with other 100k in debt plus there's like 3 hospitals within driving distance
>>
>>40278027
Extremely hard to do if you're under 24, not married, or haven't joined the military
>>
>>40276025

It's one of the worst things you personally could have done. It works out for many people with a decent family and a decent social environment where they already live.

I've seen most of my peers gain 'independence' by heading to Uni for 4 years and then spend the time since renting some average place for a stupid amount, working hard to advance their careers yet putting vast amounts of their hard earned cash into some foreign scum landlord's pockets.
It's getting very, very difficult to reasonably get onto the housing market. It's becoming the total norm for young people to work and rent, saving almost nothing and not making any headway into owning property of their own.

And as the housing shortage grows, the prices go up and up and it just becomes a total fucking joke.
I wish I'd have had the guts to stay at home after Uni instead of running off to rent some shithole with 3 other people.
I could have saved thousands upon thousands.

I couldn't though, because you've gotta go where the work is. If you're looking enough to have kind parents that live in a place where you can get a good job you'd be mad not to live with them until you've advanced sufficiently to start paying a mortgage.

Even if you get there though it's no guarantee. The housing market is truly fucked. It's a small matter of time before it shits the bed and takes the economy with it.

Honestly, anyone else in the UK, if you can't afford to start buying and letting properties right fucking now I'd make every effort to save everything you can and gtfo of this country ASAP because before long you're going to be shit out of luck.
We're getting to the point where you'll be considered lucky to rent a one bedroom cupboard in a dodgy borough of london for 1,500 a month.

We're all fucked I tell ya. Save your money. Move.
>>
Yes. I'm also NEET and homegym masterrace.
>my life is ultimate comfymode
>>
>>40274987
I'm 26 and lives with my mom and sister. I've bought a condo a year ago, but my dad suddenly died so I decided to live here so my mom and sister wouldn't be lonely and safe.
>>
18 here just started my second semester of my physics degree.
It's honestly impossible to move out at this stage while attending college. Can't imagine it would even be possible while attending college. Parents make too much money for financial aid so they help me out while I take out loans.
They love me I love them, why wouldn't I live with them during breaks? I'll probably stay with them until I pay off my loans (I'm planning on paying off about $25k debt in one year, going full penny pincher mode). I'll think about moving out after that. It literally makes zero sense to just move out to feel independent. It's literally just occupying a room in your parents house.
>>
>>40275841
It's not hard you fucking faggot
>>
>>40274987
no. I am man not a child.
>>
I'm 27, did this before it was cool (and looked down upon). I have literally no student loans and the only debt I have is from my Toyota Tacoma I bought as a reward to myself after finishing school which will be paid off in one more year.
Take advantage while you can and help your parents with that little extra money.
>>
>>40275233
You're lucky, I'm moving back out in a week but I got told to my face if I bring any more girls over I'd be out on my ass. Having been kicked out at 19 I wasn't very keen to have it happen again.

Sounds pretty disrespectful to your family desu bro, they house and feed you.
>>
>>40274987
I wish. My parents live in the middle of bum fuck no where. No jobs would be available for me in that area. If they were closer to a metropolitan area then yeah.
>>
>>40278278

What's disrespectful about following your prerogative as an adult man? What kind of parent would chide their kid for getting laid?

I mean as long as you're not smashing her in against the headboard for 4 hours and keeping the whole house up, where's the harm?

I'm glad I don't have stuffy parents.
>>
31 and live at home lol. Currently work minimum wage but I have a decent amount saved, enough for a house deposit.

Probably going to start a degree this year to finally get a qualification in something and I'll be able to graduate debt free.

Flatting is shit and I love my parents so it's gravy. Do whatever you want, no brownie points in life for making things hard on yourself.
>>
>>40275046
are you me?

Once I get a better paying job that isn't in the restaurant business I'm gonna move out with a friend of mine as a room mate.

Might have to leave my cat with my parents and my asshole brother though if I do. :(
>>
I'm 33 and I live in a house with my parents.
I live upstairs, them downstairs, the only thing we share is the front door.
I earn enough to move out if I wanted, but my options would be to either sell my soul to the jew bankers for the next 20 years or rent, which is basically flushing a third of my income down the drain for the dubious luxury of living alone.
>>
>>40276025
"don't let the comfort of living with enough money to get by and staying comfortable be your life."

Fits me. The world is a scary place and all that stress can get to your head. I'm satisfied making 25k a year in my parents house with no friends, no hobbies and my career. I have no relationship with my siblings, parents or family. I have nothing to spend my money on other than getting /fit/. I was able to find the only thing in the world that made me happy, and it was through exercise.

I'm a "very nice" skinny bipolar 8 inch dick kid with nothing but time on my hands. My day job is cognitive behavior therapy.

When I'm not thinking of my clients I'm at the gym.

I'm happy. It takes a big heart to understand happiness.
>>
File: 1315267913700.jpg (2KB, 109x126px) Image search: [Google]
1315267913700.jpg
2KB, 109x126px
>>40278362

>31
>lives with parents
>STILL makes minimum wage

>"Do whatever you want, no brownie points in life for making things hard on yourself"

whatever makes you feel better about being a total failure I guess

I'm sure it's someone else's fault though
>>
>>40278445
I could move out and have a mountain of student debt and have zero saved for a house deposit, but I'd rather not.

Enjoy playing the Jews at their unbeatable game.
>>
I'm 26 and I live with my parents. I'm planning to move out when I get a new job. I've saved about $150k in the bank from working about 4 years.

Not too bad, but no sex for me
>>
>>40278445
There plenty of people older then him with or without kids making slightly above minimum. I guess they all failed at life also.
>>
File: 1467415567984.jpg (328KB, 1336x988px) Image search: [Google]
1467415567984.jpg
328KB, 1336x988px
>>40274987
i live in my parents home. But my parents are in jail so i live alone
>>
>>40278512
$150k vs sex your doing fine lol
>>
>>40278513
To clarify when I said "minimum wage" I meant the minimum living wage. So it's higher than min wage, and just enough to scrape by if I were renting.

My work colleagues all live pay to pay and most of them are flat broke.
>>
>>40274987
Yes, But i'm a 20 yo that chose a shitty profession to try and get into. IT And Vidyagames, turning that around now.
>>
>>40278335
do it somewhere else, you have to understand that parents don't really want to hear/know about that. In their eyes if I want to get my fuck on it better be out of sight out of mind.That's their prerogative it's their house and their rules. Hence why I'm moving out.
>>
File: 1479436258691.jpg (88KB, 645x878px) Image search: [Google]
1479436258691.jpg
88KB, 645x878px
I don't get it, I fucking couldn't wait to get out of my parents house. I did couple of years of college, joined the navy, broke my back and got retired with a pension, then finished college...then I got crohns disease and had a fuckton of surgeries but I had healthcare from the navy so I'm not in debt from it.

Boot camp was better than living at home, I get that its not like that for everyone but at some point you need to get some guts and live on your own. Your parents resent you for still living with them they just don't want to tell you.
>>
>>40278541
thats why there homes with like 10 mexicans living together who are not even family around the US. So they can actually make money to send back to Mexico with working their low pay jobs.
>>
I moved out at 18, became financially independent the following year, all while being a full time student. It's not that hard, you losers. Stop being apathetic about everything that's hard
>>
I dropped out of HS at 17 and I was ready to move out, I was going to live with a friend.

Ended up staying with my parents and going to a different HS the next fall.

Probably the right decision, but I think about the other way things could've gone.
>>
>>40278610
>Boot camp was better than living at home
Sorry your parents don't love you :(
>>
>>40274987
>That story

AKA
OH GOD OH GOD WE KNOW WE FUCKED UP THE HOUSING MARKET AND JOBS ARE HORRIBLY UNSTABLE BUT PLEASE PLEASE TAKE OUT LOANS AND BUY/RENT/LEASE HOMES!!
PLEASE!
STOP SAVING MONEY AND BUILDING SMALL FORTUNES AMONGST YOURSELVES!
>>
File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>>40275390

>waaah I'm so poor and destitute, eviscerate the bourgeoisie! fuck capitalism man!!

>probably fat as fuck
>posting his bullshit on 4chan with his high speed internet
>on a computer that costs AT LEAST hundreds of dollars

end your fucking life
>>
>>40274987
>Vice
garbage
may as well try to understand modern realities by reading Grimms fairy tales
>>
File: 1483305761624.jpg (72KB, 620x625px) Image search: [Google]
1483305761624.jpg
72KB, 620x625px
>>40274987
I lived with my parents until I was 32 but paid for my shit since I was 16, never asked for any money.
Living with them and not paying rent was the only way I could save money from my job to buy some land and build my house.

In retrospective I don't regret it because I could accomplish that but there's only one life and my prime go-live-your-life years were definetaly not a party or a rollercoaster.
>>
File: 1316285135569.png (138KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
1316285135569.png
138KB, 396x381px
>>40278513

Well, yeah. Tons of people fail.
>>
>>40275076
What's your business bro?
>>
Yeah live rent free but pay the utilities. I also work two jobs and am saving up about 3000 dollars a month that i will eventually use to buy a house.
>>
>>40274987
>https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/a-look-into-the-bedrooms-of-20-somethings-still-living-at-home?utm_source=vicefbca

I cried the first night I was on my own in a university dormitory, in a different country, at nineteen. I explained it to myself as loneliness. But I was fine after, and I now realize I told myself I was lonely out of some misplaced, residue respect for my parents.

My mother was a vicious abuser, my dad a spineless enabler, and I cried out of relief.

>FREE, FREE AT LAST!

Sometimes I had to last for five days on a box of spaghetti, a can of pineapple, and some salt, but I never moved "home" again. My parental house was never a home anyway. I have my own home now, and a six figure income. We're all gonna make it, anons.
>>
>>40275135
Is she a fat busybody with no job and multiple mental illnesses? Good luck, anon, you'll never get laid.
>>
>>40275359
Als je in Belgie opgegroeit bent moet je je een beetje meer aanpassen. Het is daar in de buiten toch niet geweldig duur om te wonen? En de autochtonen zien Marokkanen liever dan Turken.
>>
File: 6ZFTC0V.png (459KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6ZFTC0V.png
459KB, 1200x1200px
comfy italianos and spaniards im jelly
>>
>>40274987
yes, im a 19 yr old college student. live in a dorm also, idk if that counts
>>
No but I live next door.

Huge fuck family, we all share a 2000 acre plot and just build houses as someone turns 18.
>>
I grew up in a University city, went there for my undergrad so I lived home.
Did grad school away and worked in that city for a year after that. Got a dog during that time.
Moved home when I got another job, my parents were delighted to have me and fell in love with my dog.
Now I'm still at home two years later, partly because dog, partly because I get along well with my parents, partly to save money. It doesn't really "cramp my style" or anything, and it's really helping me save for a down payment that will slow me to get a great mortgage on a house by September.
If you don't get along with your parents (which I do) or you're trying to pick up girls (which I'm not, I'm engaged to a girl I'd been dating for 5 years, she doesn't give a shit about me being at home because she's thrilled I'm saving for a house) then yeah, living at home could be a drag, but where I live, it's not uncommon, and it really doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>40278610
>crohn's disease
Sex like an abusive home environment makes it worse. The good news is that zerocarb heals it. I know it sounds nuts. Try it for a week, report back with how you feel. Stop eating shit and stick to butter, eggs, and rare meat.

>Boot camp was better than living at home

I feel you bro. At least the abuse in boot camp is routine, impartial, and just part of the deal, not your worthless birth givers torturing you because they get off on it.
>>
>>40274987
I'm 22, got a full scholarship for undergrad, getting a stipend for my PhD currently. Lived with my parents the whole time, have $50K currently with no loans.

And no social life.
>>
>>40279447
It can work if your parents aren't crazy assholes. If they are, anons need the guts to kill them all and take their land.
>>
ayo hol up niga

you guys better not be thinkin livin in a dorm means 'moved out'.
>>
>>40279400
Italian and Spanish mama boys are the worst.

>try to play macho
>muh gold chain
>muh chest hair reaching down to muh knees
>muh pickin up bitches
>goes home and sucks on mama's droopy tits
>>
>>40279454
fuck the social life you'll get it once youre done. At least thats what I believe. I went to CC then a 4 year university and saved a shit ton while living at home. Graduating next year with basically $10k in loans with a Bio degree. Yea it was hard to go out and do my own shit since my parents are basically asian but now I realize this was the best option. Its all good senpai
>>
>>40274987
20 yo, living with parents, they live real close to my campus plus my room is the only upstairs room so I get mad space from them.

Rent free life is pretty rad, I dont think its that lame either. Especially while you're a broke college student.
>>
File: 1446109825569.gif (154KB, 211x512px) Image search: [Google]
1446109825569.gif
154KB, 211x512px
I turn 21 in 3 months and i still live with my parents. I always said I'd find a GF when i had my own ride and house. Which will be later. My parents started late making a family so they're old and i don't have a lot of time with them. Especial considering they're both diabetic, refuse to exercise unless i bargain with them, and my siblings don't help at all.

I'm also going to school and barely make enough money to get by on car payments.
>If I moved out it would be
-%50 car payments
-%60 rent

Nothing else. I can't have insurance, food, gas or anything. And that's at full 40 hours 2 x minimum wage.

Tips:
Never let your parents control your money.

Work 80 work weeks through college. School being 12 hours with homework.

Have a hobby besides lifting or else you will go insane.
>>
>>40274987
I live with my parents and I'm 25. I bring girls back to my place even still, kek. Would probably be doing a lot better if I had my own place but whatever. Girls don't seem to care that much or I go to their places.

Plus I may be moving away for med school this year (hopefully)
>>
I'm 27, engaged, and finishing my degree. We're buying a house this year because we saved money
>>
File: 1468177927345.png (226KB, 1000x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1468177927345.png
226KB, 1000x1144px
24, moved back in with my folks after attempting to be self-sufficient in a shitty town for about a year. Failed hard: got fucked out of a job opportunity, lost all my money, had nowhere left to go and absolutely fucking hated where I was.

I dropped out of film school (I know, I know) when I discovered they were ripping me off for a degree I'd never get any proper use out of. Never used my summers to get internships so I effectively had 0 experience and would've had a difficult time landing a production job anywhere. Now I'm in LA and am competing against a million other fucking people.

Working part-time in the meanwhile to save up about 10k in savings before moving out, and even then I want to have a stable job before making the move. If possible I want to go back home to Arizona.

My folks really saved my ass, I don't deserve someone like them. I hope I can make them proud of me someday.
>>
tfw 20, 100k a year, still live with parents ;)
>>
>>40280804
fuck off baron trump
>>
>>40274987
i don't know how you're meant to handle going to university AND a job AND all the stuff to do with renting your own home and still have time to lift
>>
>>40275765
Say what you will about pajeets but they grind to get ahead.
>>
>20
>college drop out
>working min wage hard manual labour with immigrants who dont speak english
>was neet for a year after dropping out.
>trained 4 hours a day every day during neet time while blasting test
>no car or license but I live 2 minutes from grocery store in a big city with good transit
>$3500 saved
>had 12k before college

Once I have a car I can at least get a job in construction and make a bit more. Minimum wage is pretty good when you only have food to buy.
>>
>>40275788
>Alcohol weed ciggies
>Borrow 100$ every month

Wow man can really tell you're putting a decent effort out there
>>
>>40278116
Good on you man you did right by your family, sorry for your loss
>>
>>40275266
>deja vu
>>
>>40279400
>Youth Unemployment over 40 percent
>real comfy
There is a reason why people in greece italy and spain stay at home so long
>>
> be 19
> take gap year
> get part time minimum wage job

$11,000 saved while partying, and buying a bunch of stuff and supplements

Feelsgoodman.jpeg
>>
>>40275817
How did you manage to afford that? Where I live, even a good wage it would take over 15 years of saving to buy a house outright here.
>>
I'm 18 (feels great finally being able to not lie about my age here) so I do
What kind of process should I go through to move out? Mental/physical preparedness stuff I mean
>>
>>40278429
Pretty much me. 22, got my degree in cs got a software engineering job, still at home no friends irl couple of hobbies and gym after work.

Pretty content to just carry on this way really made huge savings and will move out when the time comes.

Hard to find friends anyway. People have always been more like acquaintances to me never really friends.
>>
I'm 21 still living with parents, about to move out.

Wish I moved out at 18-19. It's really not worth living with your parents if they're shit like most people's are.
>>
>>40278362
That's really fucking pathetic

You're 31 making minimum wage without a degree? What the fuck did you do with your life?
>>
>>40279400

In northern Europe the government pays your rent if you can't afford it and have no valuable possessions you could sell to fund your living. That's the reason for low numbers. Not sure what Denmark does different, they are even lower percentage.
>>
>>40281133
Isn't $11k AUS like $3000 USD?
>>
Bruh I only pay about $400 to live with my parents and that's just basically helping then with bills. I'm startingy apprenticeship soon which will give me income to live with a roommate but fuck if I'm not spending the first 6 months saving like crazy.
>>
>>40274987
moved out when I was 19 to the other end of the country to do mandatory social services and attend university afterwards.
>>
>>40275178
Cheer up, anon. Maybe you'll die first.
>>
>>40274987
yes. 24.
>good relationship with my parents
>parents house is 20 min away from university

the only thing that causes conflict is my 20 yr old sister. Even though she really only is home for dinner. she's a fucking cunt. But she's daddy's little girl and can do whatever she wants.
>>
>>40274987
22 and moving out within a few weeks. I dont have a bad time now, but still i am really looking forward to it.
>>
>>40274987
I live in a dorm.

It's interesting though, I don't think it'd be a major turn off for me if a girl still lived at home but I would be horrendously embarrassed at the idea of myself being in that situation.

I guess probably for the same reason guys will date broke chicks more willingly than lots of women will broke dudes.
>>
>>40275522
The great trap of modern society, they took on debt, you didn't.

When I hit 100 grand in the bank the bank itself started calling me and harassing me to buy a house. No you slimy motherfuckers I am not socially OBLIGATED to buy a fuckin house just to fund your debt-based economic system.
>>
Living with and having your own kin support you being seen as a weakness is why the white nation is falling, this was never an issue until the land of the free got obsessed with the idea that staying with your family equals baby birds being in their mothers nest.

Your family is the most trustworthy people in your life and they're the ones that most want you to succeed, there's no reason there should be a social stigma for accepting their help, but I fear it's too late to get rid of it now.
>>
Why can't we go back to the time when family introducing potential mates to you was considered normal, bros? ;_;
>>
>>40275033
This.
I graduated in May and my gf and I both live with our parents. We're sticking to a strict budget and putting away tons. We plan tons move out in another year or so, at which point we'll have enough for the delay payment on a house. It sucks for now but it's way better than pissing away $15k/year on rent, and it's easier to get out ahead of our future mortgage.

>tfw you found someone with the same financial values as you
It's a pretty damn good feel.
>>
File: 1477488216717.jpg (35KB, 371x419px) Image search: [Google]
1477488216717.jpg
35KB, 371x419px
>>40274987

NOT FIT RELATED
>>
20 working as electrician (1st year) making $13/hr Canadian. Still live at home and got a pretty sweet set up. My step dad and I are in the middle of renovating the basement into my own flat. Getting a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, own entrance from the garage. Even have my own home gym here with a squat rack, bench press, 500Lb+ in weights. Both my mom and Step dad are loaded so all I can say is i'm pretty freaking blessed. Compared to how some of my friends are living on their own paying stupidly high rent in Toronto or working 40+ hrs a week and doing full time school. I am the privileged white male
>>
>>40283274
That's cool, me and my dad renovated my basement to something similar so I could rent it out. Are you doing it yourself or just having contractors do it? The key to basement renovations is water management, make sure you seal everything and have lots of good ventilation.
>>
>>40283306
my step dad is a h vac mechanic with his red seal in tin, air conditioning, and gas tech. Been in the trade for over 35 years. He's super handy and taught himself almost everything involving renovations, Even built himself a cabin up north. We're doing everything ourselves as far as i'm aware. I'm still a green banana when it comes to construction, so i'm just following his lead and trying to be a good apprentice to him while he does most of the work
>>
>>40274987
I live with my nan. There is nobody else who can look after her.
>>
No I moved out when I was 19, then I moved back in at 21 and back out for good at 23.

I'm 25 now and finally have a good/real job, girlfriend and a baby, so moving back in with my parents is unlikely. If we did move back in with them it would only be for a few months but more likely we will continue to rent apartments and buy a house within a few years.
>>
>>40274987
left home at 18
25 now
haven't looked back
>>
>>40281564
$8,500 usd
>>
>>40274987
>Falling for the moving out meme
>Wasting tens of thousands of dollars per year on "pride"
Enjoy your debt normies. I'll pay off my student loans in 2 years because I pocket everything I earn.
>But muh bringing girls home
Don't care about sex to be honest.
>>
Moved out when i graduated HS, havent even lived in the same city as my parents since then so never even thought about moving back in with them. If i lived in the area and i was specifically trying to save money to put a down payment on a house i would definitely consider it. But thats probably the only circumstance. I love the freedom that comes from being self-sufficient.
>>
File: 1478056521940.png (345KB, 498x568px) Image search: [Google]
1478056521940.png
345KB, 498x568px
>move out at 18
>can't afford it
>move back home
>parents charge rent, which is fair enough
>pretty much break even with everything
>i've changed jobs a couple of times
>only jobs that i've ever been employed at are no opportunity for advancement type jobs
>have worked 3 jobs at once
>pretty much get taxed so hard i might as well only have the one for all the tired i get
>get enough money together to put a deposit down on a house
>can't afford to live in it
>have to rent it out
>still live at home barely scraping by
>parents aren't doing much better

all i want is a small house with a place to park my car and enough room for a home gym
>>
>>40278033
For me personally, It's a pride thing. I want to be free. Have my own life and be my own person. I wanna have a good job and a house of my own but man it just ain't happening anytime soon. I support myself the best (groceries , gas, etc) i can while I'm with my parents but i don't wanna be that guy who lives with his fuckin parents y'know
>>
>>40274987
I did up until 24, but I paid rent and bought all my own food, so I didn't end up saving that much money in the end.
>>
>>40283925
Well the more people who do it, the less it'll be a stigma. We'll be in a sexual Mexican standoff if living at home continues to be a deal breaker for women and our birth rate will reach Japan levels.
>>
>>40275883
I know I'm late to the thread but best of luck bro. I've heard it's tough to get to into rasp without having it in your contact; I'm trying to get an 11xop40 once I graduate. Keeps me motivated to train hard
>>
I wish I had lived with my parents for longer instead of moving out at 19, I could have saved money and spent more time with them, now I:m grown up and never see them anymore often I cry when I am alone in my small studenet room
>>
>mfw my own room with high end PC and a home gym across the hall
>>
>>40277231
How else are you going to house 40,000 adult male refugees :^)
>>
>>40278043
you're better off being classified as a dependent anyways. your parents will save more money on taxes by claiming you as a dependent than you would by being independent
>>
>>40275817
I'm living at home while I finish my EMT courses for firefighting while working full-time.

My mother's Cuban and loves when I have girls over, but I just get so uncomfortable like I'm violating the sanctity of her home.

My dad was the stereotypical gung-ho, baby-boomer, Vietnam-vet American, but he settled down immediately after his drug-running days and has been incredibly vanilla since 1985, so he thinks of my sleeping around as some gateway to his old lifestyle. Bit of an old fart about it, but still cool to hang out with.
>>
>>40275841
Nights out is not that expensive, unless you are paying hotel rooms. Man up and don't waste money.
>>
>>40274987
I didn't move out until the week after I turned 24. Kicking myself for not doing it sooner.
>>
>>40277231
It's the same thing as flyover states. Few work opportunities outside the cities, where the property prices are ridiculously high. So builders build condo towers out of every available square foot of the city and the rest of the country is empty.
>>
>>40275359
You have to go back
>>
i have an apartment, but my landlord lives on my floor, and has been annoying me lately. he is kind of giving me shit for having random sluts, which is none of his business, its almost as bad as living with my parents.
>>
>>40276808
t. 56% white country
>>
>>40281564
I live in Oregon senpai
>>
Yes but my dad is a trucker and never here. Its almost like living by yourself
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.