[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand the whole fat acceptance movement. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bc3.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bc3.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
I don't understand the whole fat acceptance movement. I hate being fat and I hate other fat people. Is it just an excuse to be fucking lazy?
>>
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>40271336
>an excuse to being lazy
>finding gluttony empowering
FAT ACCEPTANCE NOW
>>
>>40271348
It's the stupid shit ever, I even pass myself in a mirror and tell my self that I'm a fat fuck and I'm nothing of value to anyone because of it. I don't get the whole "big is beautiful" bullshit. It's not, it's disgusting, it's unhealthy and it's just wrong to do that to their bodies
>>
They might just have a fat fetish.

I have a fat fetish.

I don't really understand the whole fat acceptance thing though because fat people are well accepted in society, they make up a huge proportion of society and people who find it sexy like me are always gonna be niche, can't fight against the facts of the universe lads, I'm fine with being an outcast.
>>
>>40271393
well accepted in society, just not considered sexy by most of society* I should have added.
>>
>>40271336
>>40271367
you really don't hate fat people
it's just self hatred, use it to get better
>>
>>40271336
Yes.
I see it in public all the time.
>Working at retail.
>>
>>40271336
>Excuse to be lazy

Yes and no.

No because:

I know people who are fat/overweight because they over-estimate or just don't think about little things such as portion control and nutrition. They aren't lazy, they just don't have a fucking clue about whats good or are easily misled shit on tv and the fitness industry in general. But because they are too arrogant to admit they are wrong they keep slowly gaining weight. Others I know are in a shit situation like my friend who has a 1-2-3 combo of narcolepsy, arthritis and asthma and has legit issues just fucking moving - his diet is strict as fuck just to retain a degree of normalcy.

Finally, put simply, there are those who are going to be unattractive fat or thin and want / see a need to change their lifestyles because ultimately they have accepted dying alone and/or with another unattractive person.

But saying that Fat acceptance does promote laziness because:

It's made out that a healthy lifestyle is easy, when it really isn't. There's temptation everywhere and for some reason people see hard work these days as something bad or below them.

Further I know lazy fuckers who care more about the perceptions they allow people to have of them and do shit so people "believe" that person is healthy. Take for example my co-worker who does shit like sit down and spin her fitbits/pedometers etc to push up her step count/calorie tracking and then brag about it on facebook and health websites.

I hate her so much and it's made all the worse because she measure things in retarded methods; like saying she can only have 3 treats a week but counts an entire cheesecake as "1 treat". Unrelated to fitness she also buys tech based on stupid fucking measurements like "number of mp3's, pictures and videos" and then complains or tries to get a refund when her HD Videos and 4k photographs don't reach those numbers.

Fuck you Claire. Fuck you and your fat face.
>>
>>40271994
>I know people who are fat/overweight because they over-estimate or just don't think about little things such as portion control and nutrition. They aren't lazy, they just don't have a fucking clue about whats good or are easily misled shit on tv and the fitness industry in general.
I've never been fat but I underestimated what I ate
I like veggies and salad a lot, can make a meal out of that, but I also like olive oil a lot and until recently, never measured it. So my meals weren't as light as I though.
I've found out I can still have a meal I like with a smaller amount of oil, or find alternatives like adding some cheese, or an egg...
>>
>>40271994
>They aren't lazy, they just don't have a fucking clue about whats good or are easily misled shit on tv and the fitness industry in general.

If you live in a world where you have internet connectivity, ignorance is a choice.
>>
>>40271336
if she loves her body why does she need fat acceptance
>>
the idea is based on the notion that being fat is heavily affected by genetics or environental factors and that it requires an unreasonable amount of effort for certain people to lose fat *over a long stretch of time*. Whether or not you accept the fat acceptance movement as valid hinges on you having studied the relevant research and accepted the conclusions drawn from it
>>
>>40271336
They believe they can't change their situation so rather than become suicidal they embrace 'alternative facts', essentially moving the goal posts, so that being unhealthily fat is now OK. Another way to say this is that they become delusional because the reality will eventually kill them one way or another.
>>
>>40273123
>the idea is based on the notion that being fat is heavily affected by genetics or environental factors
Yeah, well, there are 'genetics' that cause diseases that KILL YOU, so I guess if there is an 'obesity gene' then it's a GENETIC DISORDER and it'll eventually kill you. Doesn't mean there needs to be an 'acceptance' movement for a deadly genetic disease.

>>40272253
>If you live in a world where you have internet connectivity, ignorance is a choice.
If the Internets are full of 'being fat is OK/HAES" then there's a problem.
>>
>>40273432
I don't have the full body of research on hand, but you should argue against that, not me. Given that you speak the way you do, I doubt you have studied it. You shouldn't hold such strong opinions on things you don't know much about. Dumb people do that and you aren't dumb anon are you?

Either way, I'm not arguing for or against, I'm just saying it's not as simple and I feel like you haven't really studied what the opposition is actually saying
>>
>>40271336

Because a quite reasonable "don't bully" sentiment became hijacked by fat people who become enraged when any potential criticism is sent their way.
>>
>>40273651
*my katana slashes the air like a shower of blinding light*
*you stagger back and then fall into ten pieces*

dont. ever. call. me. dumb. again.
worm.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.