[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 30

File: zn6Ma7Jb_400x400.jpg (20KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
zn6Ma7Jb_400x400.jpg
20KB, 373x373px
How do you cutters employ damage control the day after an accidental binge day? Extra cardio? Eat less for some days after? Tell me.
>>
>>40261118
Why does this thread always have Vikings screencaps as the image?
>>
Does a 6 day bro split actually make better gains than a 4 day strength routine?

All the guys on here who look good seem to do 6 day workouts with loads of volume.
>>
>>40261118

Everyone has different opinions. Most seem to react badly to negative punishments (eating less the rest of the week) and value and suggest just ignoring it and going on as usual so you dont get depressed from the mistake.

I work very well in negative circumstances, when I cut any over eating results in a punishment the day after, thats an hour more of cardio and eating under what I overate (some days I have had 3 pieces of PB on toast for food).

Also remember if you do punish yourself to drink more water than usual, if you eat less than usual your body will start to get very hungry and will crave food for days after, water helps mitigate that effect.
>>
I count my calories for a three day window. That way I can allow for larger meals and smaller days.
Anyway, basically I don't ever "binge" when I'm cutting because I'm not a spoiled child, but when I do choose to have a larger meal or a snack, I make up for it over the next two days, or the next day, or whatever.
>>
if you eat once every 24 hours you're allowed a daily binge while also losing weight as long as you don't go too crazy with the calories
>>
>>40261235
look its this simple. Start on a low volume strength program then once youve done that move to a bro split or high volume 3-4 day a week.

The muscle gains on strength work real well with newbie gains but they drop off. If youre more interested in looks and core/supporting muscles go volume. If you wanna be a powerlifter who just looks like the solid fat kid in school go strength.
>>
When people post stats online, are they including the weight of the bar? e.g would 12.5kg on either side of a 20kg bar be 45kg, 25kg or 12.5kg?
I understand the concept of 1pl8 though.
>>
Why can't my biceps grow?

I used to do a lot of chin ups and after seeing zero growth in the biceps, just lats growth i started going to a gym. After 2 months i saw decent triceps growth but zero biceps growth, even strength is pretty much the same since i started on all biceps isolation exercises i do.

Did i get cucked by genetics
>>
>>40261418
the bar count as 20kg
>>
>>40261427
just keep lifting, mix regular and hammer curls for isolation with proper form
>>
>>40261235
>Does a 6 day bro split actually make better gains than a 4 day strength routine?
Apples and oranges.

If you're consistent and put equal effort/time every session, any six day program will outpace any four day program because YOU'RE IN THE GYM A LOT MORE. Nuances in specific training effectiveness goes out the window when there is fucking huge 50% disparity in one factor, ESPECIALLY if you're a noob lifter.
>>
>>40261427
It's a small muscle group that recovers quickly. Frequency and volume matter a lot with it. Consider actual isolation instead of listening to Rippletits' disciples.

As >>40261505 said, focus on good form when doing your isolation. You want dat ROM and pump, not seeing if you can curl 5 lbs more than the previous week.
>>
>>40261509
What is a 6 day routine that is actually good?

Push pull legs seems pointless since you can just put legs in on a push day, my legs grow like weeds from squats and DL only.
>>
>tfw posted in fucking old thread
is it gyno guys
have lost 33 pounds yet mantits stay the same,
could it possibly be psuedogyno and will they decrease as i continue to lose weight
yeah i know shit picture
>>
File: feelssadmydude.jpg (42KB, 409x435px) Image search: [Google]
feelssadmydude.jpg
42KB, 409x435px
>>40261612
forgot pic
>>
My right arm is slightly longer than my left arm, and it makes it harder to deadlift with certain grips. How can I mitigate this?
>>
>>40261118
>accidental
What, you fell into a cauldron of sauce?
>>
>>40261427
At end of workout 3x10 incline bicep curl (bench should be 3 notches back from vertical). Then do a pyramid set going down from 10 to 1 and increase weight as necessary. They should really fucking hurt the next day.
>>
>>40261622
Can't say with that quality and lightning...
>>
>>40261118
Extra cardio is generally a good idea
but other than that you shouldnt try and make it up just continue what your doing, a day every now and then isnt going to hurt you much at all

just try and make sure you dont rubber band with your cut
>>
>>40261118
Don't be a fag it's one day in a multi month process. Won't be your first or last day you go over. You could cut at a little lower cal intake to give yourself more wiggle room for those fun filled Friday and Saturday nights.
>>
let's say I'm a 20%bf 180lb 5'11 male, so my goal is to lose fat and gain muscle...

and let's say I cheat on my diet and have a pizza for lunch or something.

should I have a protein shake later, exceeding the amount of cals I need but getting enough protein? or is it better to not eat the rest of the day and stay at my cal goal, but not get nearly enough protein?
>>
>>40261118
Go and lift until i can't anymore.
>>
>>40261118
Do I block a girl's number if the group chat that we're both a part of becomes her emotional tampon?
>>
>>40262168
Get your brotein and just except the fact your diet lasts a half day longer. Don't go crazy but a couple hundred cals over isn't going to kill you
>>
I'm starting to learn power cleans, what's a good set and rep range for a workout? Also, when your hip thrusts out, is it supposed to push the bar or is the forward movement just a byproduct of the second pull?
>>
Cardio every day safe? Liss
>>
>>40261118
I think you just have to accept that you set your cut back by however you ate. You could try doing things like scheduled cheat days or something in the future.
>>
I did a really intense ab workout around 2 days ago, and my lower ribs hurt quite a lot. Is this the intercostal muscles still recovering, or should I be concerned?
>>
>>40263067
Bump
>>
>>40263067
yeah absolutely but you have to ease into it... can't go from zero cardio to doing it every day especially if it's something high-impact like running. Also vary intensity/distance.
>>
Would be good to do a routine like pic related 6 days a week?

Theoretically I think it would be like doing a full body 3x a week, plus lots of accessories.
>>
File: Maleficent-Aurora-Wallpaper-HD1.jpg (364KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Maleficent-Aurora-Wallpaper-HD1.jpg
364KB, 1920x1200px
Can I build upper body with dumbbells alone? Aesthetics is my goal.
>>
>>40263875
You mean like PPPPPPrest? I'm interested in this too. Bumping for interest. Also where did you find this routine?
>>
>>40261612
>will they decrease as i continue to lose weight
Yes. It looks very normal for your %bf t b h.
>>
>>40263875
Also what do the / mean? That you alternate the exercise each workout?
>>
>>40263902
Yes. I've edited based on a ppl model, placing the legs pull and push accordingly.
>>
>>40263916
Yes.
>>
Finally got a membership to a gym. I'm a 6'1 239 pound fatass, is my best course of action to do a routine like SL or SS or some sort of 3x5 heavy compound lifting routine?

my long term goals are really just to lean out and not look like shit
>>
>>40261622
your nipples look way too small for that to be gyno but the pic is shit
>>
>>40264102
For a couple of months, yes. Just enough you can get "novice" lfts for your weight (see symmetrystrenght.com). Then, hop lon a ppl or other bodybuilding routine.
>>
File: asdasdasd.png (52KB, 173x198px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.png
52KB, 173x198px
I am currently cutting on a IIFYM diet at 2400 cals per day according to a TDEE calculator.

Should I be eating more than 2400 cals on training days? My calculator asked how often I excercise so is it already taken into account for 2400?

Also if I go over on fat macros and under on carbs but still hit the calorie target is this ok? I love me some bacon n eggs but the fat content is quite high.
>>
File: klokov.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
klokov.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone wearing compression pants/leggings/tights or w/e they are called in the gym?
Are they comfy? How big my legs need to be to wear them?
>>
On chest day is it wise to do both incline and decline bench press? Should I even need to be doing both?
>>
>>40264329
was thinking of doing the same with shorts on for leg day
>>
>>40263884
Bump
>>
how low should I go on weighted dips?
I'm doing ring dips if that matters
>>
>>40263884
depends on what db you're talking about
if that's just not using bb then yes
if that means those two 5kg db you have home then no
>>
>>40264598
Definitely heavy ass dumbbells at the gym haha. No BB. So it's possible? Sweet. Just prefer DBs to BBs. But I know BBs are pretty much mandatory for a good leg work out
>>
>>40264620
>I know BBs are pretty much mandatory for a good leg work out
exactly
for upper body db or bb is just what you prefer
>>
>>40264329
I've worn compression shorts working out since I was a freshman in high school, so been doing it for like 8 years now. Definitely need them to keep my junk from flopping around while doing squats and olympic lifts. also keeps my nuts and dick pinned against me so it doesn't feel awkward when my dick shrinks from working out.
>>
>>40264641
Thanks dude. Just needed that reassurance
>>
I think I got a pinched nerve in my tail bone area. It doesn't hurt too bad but it's uncomfortable. Hurts when I expand our contract my pelvic area. Should I stop lifting altogether until it heals or stop legs and continue with push and pull.
And what are some exercises, stretches to help heal? Is a PT necessary here?
>>
How do I fill in my delts?
Theyre disproportionately small
>>
What do I do if I want to do Pendlay rows, but the weight is less than 1plate and there's no bumper plates?
>>
I've been thinking about trying front squats instead of regular ones since regulars usually end up fucking up one of my knees.
Will they destroy my wrists? I see two variations of front squat, one where you hold the bar on your bent-back wrists and one where it's in your crossed arms. Is either one better or worse/dangerous?
Is the wrist strain bad enough that I'd have to reconfigure my routine since I bench the next day and need my wrists/hands in good shape?
>>
>>40264691
dumbbell rows to build strength up
>>
>>40261118
Sometimes when I get up from sitting my knee sounds like the buttons from portal. What would be a good free yoga resources or pirate-able material? Or what should I do in general?
>>
>>40263007
pls respond
>>
routine check pls?

>A
Dips 4*10
Pull ups 4*6
Push ups 4*25
Chin ups 4*8
Squats (bodyweight) 4*25

>B
Bench 4*8
Rows 4*8
DL 3*6 (alternate w/ Squats 4*8)
OHP 4*8

AxBx

A is all body-weight
>>
>>40261156
Because Vikings rocks
>>
>>40264720
drop A and replace it with weights
>>
>>40264741
nuu
>>
>>40264677
Obviously you should be OHPing
On the same day you do that, do various lat raises at the end of the workout. Low weight, slow and controlled reps with strict form. Keep going with lower dumbbells until you're down to 10lb ones and your shoulders are completely burnt out.

>it's a solve six (6) image things and still get them wrong episode
>>
>>40264701
Bent over or on a bench?
>>
>>40263007
low reps many sets
as many sets as possible x3-5 reps
>>
How do I into lats?
I try everything but always feel like I'm just using my biceps instead of activating the back.
The cable rows are popular with big guys so I do those (even with the "thumb over the bar" grip like someone in a previous thread pointed out) but even when I use the strictest of form only my biceps end up getting pumped up.
I do pull-ups to and can do a fair amount with wide grip but it's the same problem.
>>
>>40264720
why is A not weighted?
why such high volume on B?
>>
>>40264813
your bis are too weak compared to your lats so you feel it in them
also try to make a muscle mind connction
for example on pullups don't try to go up but try to push your elbows to the ground
>>
>>40261118
Sometimes if I fucked my previous days diet real bad I'll skip breakfast and just kinda half fast for a day no biggie. But more often I catch myself binging, think "ok fuck you count all that" then just do the math so that instead of going over maintenance I at least can stay a bit under even if it's not the 500 under that I wanted. Then I just go back to my regularly planned cut. I'll run extra if it's a run day but otherwise I don't strictly count my calories burned for exercise and I don't consider exercise a good replacement for good diet so I'm not in the habit of relying on that.

You gotta figure out your binge patterns and shit. Like what made you binge? Was it cause there was all that shit food around you? Did you not get enough fiber/protein in the last meal? Do you normally drink coffee but skipped it that day and it increased your appetite? Were you drinking enough water? Could the binge have been prevented if you'd have had some low cal emergency snack around you?

You gotta figure this shit out and plan for it in the future to prevent repeated failures. Cause it's not gonna be that one binge day that fucks you it's gonna be those repeated binge days over and over that'll fuck you.
>>
>>40264677
lat raises, ohp, face pulls.
>>
>>40264664
Doctor will be your best bet
>>
>>40264329
They are very comfy. It's like leggings for dudes.
>>
>>40264586
pls?
>>
>>40264781
bent over & on a bench, like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYcpY20QaE8
>>
>>40261118
>when the geriatric spice is just right
>>
>>40264329
>Want to get some of these since I know they're comfy but penis is dummy small, past the point of "just be confident bro it's the gym nobody cares" and you look retarded if you wear shorts over them
>>
>>40263067
Yeah it's fine.
>>
So I started doing some basic dumbbell workouts to help build some upper body strength. I'm still a fat fuck so i'm also cutting. I''m 6'0 and 250ish pounds (was 370). I also do cardio 3 to 4 times a week (hour+ of jogging). Here's what i'm doing so far

>x10 one arm dumbbell row (switch arms at the end)
>x10 Push ups (still gotta do girl push ups because i'm weak as fuck
>x10 Should Press (really a fucking struggle for me, i'm using 20lbs dumbbells and i'm not sure if it would be smarter to lower the weight to make it more manageable or struggle with the 20lbs till my body can do more)
>x10 Alternating curls
>x10 Triceps extensions
>x20 shrugs

I do this x3 pretty much everyday as soon as I wake up, no rest between sets. Granted only done this for a week but if anything it's getting harder to do and not easier. What changes should I make if any? Should I continue to do this everyday? Does doing cardio after weight lifting hurt any anything?
>>
So I've been doing alphadestiny's beginners program and he says I should be making gains every workout but I'm only gaining maybe 5lb on my lifts per week or 2, even less on ohp.

What am I doing wrong, I'm on a calorie surplus and I'm seriously fucking trying each workout.
>>
>>40264816
A is not weighted so I can do it at home

I prefer 4*8 because I find it easier to maintain proper form on lighter weight.
>>
>>40261734
Seems like some bro shit if I ever heard it
>>
>>40264976
5 lbs per week is already enormous. embrace the noobly gains while you can. think about it, if you could maintain 5lbs per week, you'd have a 250lbs increase in a year. I'd consider myself lucky to get half that.
>>
>>40265012
Ya, but I can only ohp 80lbx5 , bench 120lbx5, and 5lbx5 weighted pull ups. Shouldn't I see more improvement since I'm so weak?
>>
>>40264846
OP lurking here. Epic fucking advice. I'll definitely try to do this rather than focussing on just damage control. I need to prevent the actual damage. Thanks a lot man
>>
>>40264991
are you a beginner?
desu doing it at home is not an excuse for not adding weight
when it'll be too easy you'll add reps forever?
do a real claisthenics routine on A, either doing harder exercises when they get too easy or add weight
I do the same btw. I train at home doing weigthed calisthenics during the week
doing this doesn't need shit tons of weigth, just a couple of plates or anything heavy you can put your hand on
to balance with your A routine I'd advise you to do heavy work on lifting
train your form, going heavy on low reps is the same than going lighter on long sets, fatigue breaks the form, not the weight
>>
Just tennis ball rolled my anterior delts for the first time. Not sure how well its worked, but my shoulders no longer click as I raise and lower which can only be a good thing.

They do however hurt like a bitch now, is that normal? After rolling them for the first time?
>>
>>40264976
evidently you're not on a calorie surplus
>>
>>40265159
I'm gaining at least a pound or two a month. Am I seriously supposed to eat more and get fat?
>>
>>40265172
if ur a skinny then yes, then you cut after to shed the fat.
>>
Any tips on how to stop binging? I'm tired of this shit.
>>
>>40265213
Then why do people say a 300 calorie surplus is enough? I
>>
What does a typical leg day look like in a PPL? Something that I literally cannot go wrong doing
>>
I want to start running but my feet and legs cramp very easily (it happens about once or twice a week). It's happened before that I went out running and got a calf cramp that literally knocked me off my feet and didn't go away for a few minutes. I feel like my legs are about to cramp after light cardio exercise and very slight thirst. What can I do to get rid of my hairtrigger foot cramps?
>>
>>40265226
stop fucking buy shit you binge with

not hard
>>
>>40265226
Don't get mad at yourself for binging. Accept your lapse in reasoning just as a mistake anyone could make.
If your diet is very constrained, try lifting some of them. Eating slightly less healthily is a good tradeoff for binging and fucking yourself up that way. Also, try incorporating little intentional binges, like eating something that you really like and that's really unhealthy once in a while. Willpower is like a muscle; if you don't train it by starting small and working your way up, you're gonna keep fucking it up.
>>
Cookie cutter ab routine?
>>
>>40265232
You're fine man. Continue what you're doing; so much of /fit/ is either trolling to make people fat or is seriously deluded.
Not everyone gains at the same rate, even as a beginner. It's not a race anyway
>>
Anybody have an infographic or link that shows the muscle groups? Like lats and delts and obliques and whatnot? I know what some of them are, but sometimes I get kind of lost in the jargon.
>>
Are there any non steroid supplements that aren't a huge meme besides creatine?
>>
Been sick the last two days and haven't eaten nearly enough. Did gym though, and I hit 2pl8 bench and got past 3pl8 squat and I'm worried about stalling next week. Should I up my calories even more a bit the next few days or just not worry about it?
>>
>>40266297
Protein Powder and pre-workout, even though its just a bunch of flavoring laced with caffeine.
>>
>>40261276
Holy fucking run-on sentences, Batman. Whatever good advice that was has been ruined by your shit writing style.
>>
Was Mike Menzter full of shit or does his ultra high intensity train-till-fail one set routine work for normies.

also, do I lift when tired at the end of the day or save it for the AM. I can never even come close to max weight when exhausted
>>
File: muskels.png (3MB, 1398x3001px) Image search: [Google]
muskels.png
3MB, 1398x3001px
Hey /fit/

so I've been improving in all areas recently, which is great! But I've also noticed I started there are parts of my legs that are getting really tired during workouts that I haven't noticed before.

During my lifting sessions the back parts of the circled area in the pic start to feel fatigued during Deadlifts and Power Cleans unless I finish really fast. During cardio the front part of this feels fatigued.

Is this normal? It feels pretty miserable.

Extra Info: I'm 172lbs 5'11" on a cut (750 deficit).
>>
I have a sharp pain when lifting at the very bottom of my left lateral delt. this is where I broke my arm as a kiddo right at the growth plate
>3 weeks in traction
and my left shoulder lifts are weaker than my right.

How do I deal with this? power thru it on majors or zerg rush it with accessory lifts for a while
>>
>>40263875
Pls respond
>>
File: 1480213029696.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1480213029696.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
Can someone explain "good vs. bad" genetics and stuff like "muscle insertions" and all that shit? Is there a chart that shows what "good" insertions would look like? How do I know what I'm gonna look like assuming I make it eventually
>>
>>40261118
what's the name of the powerlifter/weightlifter who dances to edm after completing a pr set?
>>
File: 1473982769536.jpg (56KB, 460x690px) Image search: [Google]
1473982769536.jpg
56KB, 460x690px
I know "cardio kills gains" in that it upps your TDEE which can make you miss calorie goals more easily but is there any other mechanism by which cardio (like biking) hurts hypertrophy?
>>
It has been 3 weeks since I've last been to the gym. How long until I can resume my last progress? How much do I need to deload?I did 165x5kg squat and 185x5 deadlift after new years

I don't know where to continue. I'm pretty sure I can't do those right away
>>
File: 1486258279096.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486258279096.png
44KB, 657x527px
What's the maximum safe weight for running?

Sometimes I'll bulk to 190, but I feel nervous about my knees and ankles.

>>40266523
A lot of it is arbitrary depending on contemporary fashions.

>How do I know what I'm gonna look like assuming I make it eventually
Don't worry about it, and stay focused on lifting and getting swole and strong. A guy with bad insertions who has been lifting for a year or two is still going to look better than a guy with good insertions who hasn't ever lifted.

Don't worry about level 8 when you're on level 2. You can't change this shit anyway, so why worry? Lift! LIFT!
>>
>>40266788
5x165 and 5x185 kg to clarify. that seemed silly after I read that
>>
>>40266523
>How do I know what I'm gonna look like assuming I make it eventually
Need some mass before you know. Your insertions are probably all fine assuming you're parents aren't related.
/fit/ just makes a big deal about particularly good and bad cases.
>>
>>40266805
***your parents
>>
>>40266801
I hear running is gonna cause damage over a long time no matter what. Sorry I'm not more helpful.
>>
>>40266838
>I hear running is gonna cause damage over a long time no matter what.

There's this guy who must be a billion years old running every single day when I leave for work.

HOW?!
>>
>>40266932
Maybe he only started in the last decade?
IDK.
It's not like a recipe for disaster but as far as cardio goes, it's fairly damaging from what I read.
Joint supps?
>>
File: 1486019908227.jpg (79KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1486019908227.jpg
79KB, 500x361px
Two weeks ago I was able to do 46 pushups max after weeks of long work. I would occasionaly do pushups every day, but I relaxed because I worked very hsrd for 46 pushups. Twos weeks pass of on and off days of pushups, and I find myself having a hard time of pushups. I used to do 20 no sweat, and now I struggle.

I returned to doing pushups daily, but did I fuck up by not doing pushups during that rest week?
>>
>>40261118
There is no "damage control." You have to accept the consequences.

You just have to get back onto the diet. Don't change anything. The only thing I would do is reduce the carbs/fat of my following day.
>>
>>40261118
Thread is probably dead, whatever

I know its not good to fap to porn because you can get addicted, but can I fap to my imagination? What is the best time to fap? How long after workout? How long before workout?
>>
>>40267186
never before gym.
Imagination is the least you can even fap to so yes, it's fine.
Porn is "bad" because it can lead weaker minds to degrade women.
>>
>>40267206
That's not at all what porn is bad for. Constant immediate sexual gratification such as porn had been proven to change the brain function and have negative impacts on pleasure and many other things. Porn is objectively bad physiologically, not because of the social implications.
>>
>>40261118
permabulker here:
been bulking for 1.5 years. i gained 30-35 kg.
now that the summer is coming i am going to start cutting.
should i slowly drop calories to a deficit point or simply stop surplus and start directly deficit ? if former how slow ?
>>
File: 1430148806314.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430148806314.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>40266452
anyone?
>>
>>40261118
Though I know I'm lacking nutrition to some extent, but I've hardly eaten in the past few weeks (due to reasons other than 'dieting') and what I have been eating is very lean and light, and I'm still around the same weight more than a month onwards, why would this be?
I'm more active than ever and most of my weight is probably not muscle, as far as i know,
I'm 5'10' and weight around 155lbs (177.8cm, 70kg)
Slow metabolism? I know I need to take vitamins and stuff, but under the general view of weight, why is this?
I'm more curious than anything.
>>
>>40267263
sounds normal to me
>>
>>40267267
try counting calories. you are probably overestimate your activities and underestimate what you eat. happens everyone
>>
>>40267206
>>40267233
Thanks
>>
File: 1409025686603.png (2KB, 170x143px) Image search: [Google]
1409025686603.png
2KB, 170x143px
>>40267283
Well, shit. I was really hoping there was something I could do to lessen the...soreness? Fatigue? I don't even really know what to call it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-05-00-12-08.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-05-00-12-08.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone knows wich shoes are those?
>>
>>40267357
i love that feeling idk why you wanna get rid of it man

it's not painful is it?
>>
>>40267303
I eat around 1 meal a day or less, that one meal is usually like a breast of chicken and some rice, a shake, just some raw fruit or veggies, a cookie or 2, or a bag of chips, and drinks are pretty much either water or juice, maybe a coffee or a can of cola for some caffeine.
From what I've been told, I'm on the verge/falling into malnutrition, and i know that's bad and I'm trying to do something about it, but depression + poor/inexpensive college life gets at ya.
and my daily activities involve being a full time student, a job, and no car and having to walk everywhere. so I'm getting a couple miles of walking and running in because of that. Not sure how much, but more active than in high school, and I was eating more regularly and doing less in there and was about the same weight/weighed even less.
>>
>>40267441
It makes me feel like my legs are gonna give out. Not painful in the slightest.
>>
>>40267491
oh well, like, that's just leg training man, comes with the territory
>>
>>40267099
Any help for some dubs here?
>>
Assisted Chins/Dips

Should I set it at a higher weight so I can get to ~8 reps?

Or should I set it lower so I can get 4 solid 1 failure in?

Or should I do neither and go no weight and try and do one really fucking impossible one til failure?

I'm 6'1 236lbs right now and I can manage to get 5-6 in when the machine is set to 130 lbs of assistance.

I've started dropping it down to 115 and get about 1 less rep each time.

Am I doing this right?
>>
>>40267503
as long as all my lifts keep going up I'll deal with it. I also think I should eat more protein but it's hard with the deficit.
>>
I am fat

Which of these is best

>Run 45 min every morning, high-rep weights every other evening
>Run 45 min every other morning, high-rep weights every other evening

I was doing a half-SS routine and running every other evening last year, but I've stalled pretty hard, so I guess I need to change things up.
>>
>>40267394
Found them; adidas pretereo
>>
>>40267464
Dont listen to the gain goblins. Mal nutrition is only acceptable when its on a visit to hospice
>>
>>40267535
you can buy protein powder for that. if you already have one try adding more scoops.
ah and i advice you to rest for a week or some kind of deload. that way hopefully you will feel better
>>
>>40261301
this, being broke really kills binging
>>
>>40267515
idk bro i've never done more than like 30

then i stopped training them for reps because what's the point

been benching, dipping, pressing, etc. for a couple years

can still hit a set of 25 whenever i want

>>40267532
6-8 reps is good, once you can get 10-12 at that higher weight then decrease the assistance and increase the reps there, so on until your assistance is like ten pounds, then you can work in some unassisted
>>
>>40267560
already do about 2 scoops a day famoli. I'd really rather not deload if I don't have to.
>>
Will nofap help me lose weight or affect my body in any real way?
>>
>>40267237
pls respont. i dont know how to cut
>>
>>40267578
well bump it up to 4. it wont kill u
>>
File: Screenshot_20170204-223122.png (116KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170204-223122.png
116KB, 1080x1920px
>>40261118

I just tell myself that it's ok that I fucked up and then not allow myself to fuck up again for a few days.

OR

If I know it's coming, I eat much less prior to the cheat meal.

You can see that two days ago I spiked and then immediately dropped it again. I had a brutal craving for wings at my local pub, they're fucking amazing, so I told myself to fast, enjoy them slowly, and eat super clean the next two days.

It's just discipline. There's nothing worse than TRYING to eat healthy and still getting on the scale every morning to see little progress, or worse, weight GAIN. If you're going to eat healthy, fucking eat healthy. If you half ass it, you're eating shitty, dry, meal-prepped food for no reason.

Also, the other massive spike was me going down to the city to drugs and dance until 5AM so I binged during my recovery for the next two days. Not a common occurrence by any means.
>>
>>40267580
affecting body? beard growth and voice deepening, not so much physique alone, the difference is your gym motivation is usually higher

a cheeky fap every weekend is a good compromise
>>
>>40267593
i don't want to leave humanity behind
>>
>>40267602
Huh, interesting that your voice deepens.

How long does it take to feel the extra motivation/effects?
>>
>>40267580
no. NoFap is mental only, it causes no metaphysical changes whatsoever
>>
>>40267623
lol. memes aside i am serious. if you think you cant eat enough proteins you can add more scoops.
>>
>>40267580
*On hard mode
>>
>>40267628
I see noticeable landmarks at 3, 10, ~30, ~90 days. Only been to 90 once, 30 like 5-6. 90 is absurd confidence, you fall in love with yourself
>>
>>40267631
>metaphysical
>>
>>40267661
Microphysical, whatever. You know what I mean.
>>
>>40267649
Nice! I'm aiming for 35. What did you feel at 30? Does it get much easier as you reach 30?
>>
>>40267639
the only issue is most days that puts me over my deficit. Even sometimes I can only get one in or else not eat what I cooked that night.
>>
>>40267673
i would say it's hardest days 1-2 actually, then you mostly feel in control all of the time until one day you find yourself unable to think about anything but ass and humping your pillow, the horniness comes in waves like that

30 is sort of depersonalizing, you feel outside of your body yet in control. things flow naturally, you don't second guess yourself, small joys of life are magnified tremendously as your dopamine receptors reset. you feel way more social, everything is interesting. 30 is actually my favorite place to be, ~45+ and i get really crazy and rapey and overconfident and start losing sleep
>>
Guys, is this a good routine?

ABxABxx

Workout A
Bench Press 3x15
OHP 3x15
Bent-Over Row 3x15
Shrugs 3x15

Workout B
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Calf Raises 5x5

Transitioning from SS, I-I just one a big upper body.
>>
>>40264903
differences between this and one arm row with cables?
>>
>>40264957
>as soon as i wake up
eat before you workout
>>
>>40267737
No. Why are you programming for yourself? Follow a bodybuilding routine designed by someone who knows more. From bodybuilding.com or T Nation or something.
>>
>>40267715
Nice! Thanks for talking about your experience. If you have any more comments, please share.
>>
>>40267789
Then which one should I choose? Greyskull LP or Texas Method?

I just want a decent looking physique.
>>
File: cut.jpg (3MB, 2979x4505px) Image search: [Google]
cut.jpg
3MB, 2979x4505px
>>40261118
cut?
>>
>>40267830
Dude can you post more? Your arms/shoulders to waist shape is interesting and I want to see how else you've looked
>>
>>40267810
Neither of those are bodybuilding routines. Do more research.

>>40267766
Not much desu

>>40267806
You're welcome man. Uh just remember that your streak is not as important as the ratio of orgasm/porn free days to jerkoff days
>>
>>40267870
>Uh just remember that your streak is not as important as the ratio of orgasm/porn free days to jerkoff days
What does that mean?
>>
>>40267880
Like don't beat yourself up if you can never get past two weeks, 10-13 days "clean" with 1-2 fap days is much better than fapping every day, progress is progress
>>
>>40267830
Your stomach is literally hanging over the waist band of your shorts. Of course you should cut.
>>
>>40267913
Got it
>>
>>40267920
Yea I know it's horrible lol
I'm joking
>>
File: Screenshot_20170205-150656.png (228KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170205-150656.png
228KB, 1440x2560px
How 2 respond, pls get me laid, she's a powerlifter and so am I
(I mentioned in my bio I'm a massage therapist)
>>
>>40267847
Interesting how?
I don't have pics from any other point in time if that's what you mean. Like I didn't bulk, I've just been overweight for a while and started training a lot, now I'm going to cut
>>
>>40268038
Bro, she literally just said "I want you to rub my ass"
Run with it. Idk, say "I have a good technique for hitting that spot". Don't take my advice though, I always fuck up.
>>
File: MMP&B.jpg (604KB, 935x658px) Image search: [Google]
MMP&B.jpg
604KB, 935x658px
>>40261118
>How do I get a heavier jaw?
Pic related, got a similar kinda chin to Bonnie from late season Mad Men. Is it bad and how do I improve without surgery?
>>
>>40261235
They do that now because the beginner stuff stopped working. Adaptation and keeping ahead of it is the name of the game.
>>
>>40268098
look up mewing
>>
>>40268038
this girl is sitting on a dick statue

seconding the other anon, this is a layup
>>
File: cronometer.png (62KB, 768x939px) Image search: [Google]
cronometer.png
62KB, 768x939px
cronometer check?
whats the best way to increase total fat intake without as many trans fats, saturated fats and cholesterol?
>>
>>40268164
monounsaturated fats, aka macadamias/pecans/almonds and avocados
>>
hey /fit/, I'm in kind of a shitty situation at work where I can only go to the gym on weekdays.

should I switch to a program where I lift 4 days a week, cardio Wednesday and take the weekend(Sat. & Sun.) off as my rest? how many gains am I missing out on by not being able to lift on weekends?
>>
File: cronometer2.png (27KB, 794x651px) Image search: [Google]
cronometer2.png
27KB, 794x651px
>>40268164

lifting and running cut in half because I alternate between them every second day
>>
>>40268185
I mean, lots of programs have you lifting just 3 or 4 days a week
>>
starting third week of my cut but I look flat and like I lost a lot of weight. I already see abs and veins on my shoulders. Have I got my TDEE wrong? I eat 2000 cals/day while training 6 days a week high volume at 5'7 180 pounds.
>>
>>40268185
Do a 2 day split, repeat it, and then do a weakpoints/pump workout on Friday

Rest/light cardio on weekends

It will work
>>
should my butt hurt after squatting?
like immediately after
it doesn't hurt while squatting, or days after like DOMS, just immediately after when im getting out from under the bar
>>
Why do squats make me want to die? My form is pretty damn solid, ATG, feel properly apart, wearing flat soles shoes etc.

I can manage a set of body weight, then when I chuck 10kg on I can do a set. After the 10kg set I feel lightheaded as fuck and generally awful, pouring out sweat etc.

Afterwards I can do a set of 5 reps with 10kg and then I feel lightheaded again.

I've hated squats since I started like a month ago. Leg press and other quad exercises like lunges are fine.

Why is it squats that make me want to seppuku with the bar
>>
My day is almost over and I've only eaten about 1000 calories today yet im pretty full.
Should i listen to my body? Or eat some thing?
>>
>>40268412
Are you skinny and trying to gain? Eat 2,000 calories RIGHT NOW
Are you trying to cut and fat?
Don't eat. (At least not today, in general even if cutting I'm sure you'll want more than 1000 even if you're small frame)
>>
>>40268410
Compound lifts will always be tougher than isolation or accessory lifts.

Also the stronger your CNS system becomes the easier it'll be to squat heavier weight.
>>
>>40268410
im the same, only ever had one squat session that i enjoyed

do you by any chance suffer from calcium deficiency? i started taking 1200 mg of calcium and squats became less uncomfortable for me
>>
First time doing SS.

How do I not have the habit of putting the barbell on my neck when doing squats?
>>
>>40268410

It's a lot of muscles being used over a relatively long range of motion. That generally means its going to suck - deadlifts do the same thing for much the same reason.
>>
>>40268465
I'm on GOMAD at the moment (only 1.5L a day atm) so I guess that can't be it.

Not too sure about how much calcium in getting a day but I know milk has a shitton of it
>>
>>40268476
Try having the barbell a bit lower than you are comfortable with. Start the squat as if you are doing a lunge, and make sure it rests a bit further back than normal
>>
700g of uncooked chicken breast has 140g of protein but it turns into about 300-400g of cooked meat. does it lose protein or is it still 140g?
>>
>>40268573
only weight that is lost is water, nutrition is exactly the same
>>
>>40268573

It's mostly water evaporating and fat melting. You know how meat gets really dry if you cook it too long? That's why
>>
>>40268586

There is melted fat/grease left in the pan or on the grill when you're done cooking it so it's not entirely water, but yes, mostly it's just water evaporating
>>
>>40266788

3 weeks isn't shit, atrophy doesn't happen until around 6 weeks IIRC. I say just go for what you were doing before.
>>
>>40261118
can you actually gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?

it seems to good to be true. can you do it while doing 5x5?
>>
>>40267544

Diet and lift. There will come a point where you can't progress without gaining mass, which means eating more. If you're fat that's not what you want to do, so for now just diet down while trying to maintain your strength level. Being able to do the same weight at a lower body weight means you've gotten stronger
>>
>>40268674

To an extent, yes. Doesn't work particularly well outside of beginners but it can be done.
>>
>>40268674
only when you're a beginner or doing recomp. And recomp is VERY slow.
>>
>>40268674

If you're a fat beginner, yes. Unsurpisingly, it is not sustainable for very long.
>>
>>40268686
>>40268688
>>40268709
im a newbie so this is good news

how long am I looking at for losing 10 pounds?
>>
>>40268709
What do you mean by sustainable?
Is there a point after which you just have to either gain muscle or lose fat?
>>
>>40268722

Depends on your diet, 10 weeks would be reasonable. Use this calculator to determine your caloric needs and adjust accordingly. A 500 calories deficit is standard and will result in the loss of one pound of fat per week, all else equal.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

>>40268732

There comes a point where your muscles simply have to become bigger to get stronger. In order for this to happen your body needs to be in a state where it can process the food you eat into building muscle. If your body is burning fat because you're on a diet it is simply not capable of building muscle at the same time
(unless you're a beginner.)
>>
So I recently learned that the girl I'm trying to fuck has a fiance, but she tries to keep it a secret from me. She doesn't wear an engagement ring, gets touchy feely, never brings him up when I try to spur her on about it, tells me about her sexual fantasies, etc.

Anyway, I'm meeting up with her next week and want to get it in. I remember hearing /fit/ say the trick is to absolve her of all guilt and shift the blame to yourself for her cheating. How do I do this? I need examples of exact things I would say word for word because I'm really that autistic.
>>
>>40268781
ive been using that calculator and it varies a lot depending on activity level, it says 2600 if I select 5-6 hours and 2100 for 1-3 hours. I train 6 days a week so thats about 8-10 hours in total
>>
>>40268786
Theres only one way
Squat her.

Literally, put all black on, run up behind her in the middle of the night and start squating her.

I recommend doing 25 reps just to warm up and get the blood flowing. This is all dependent on how fat she is and if she eats oats.
Steel cut needless to say
>>
>>40268800

It's just a baseline, obviously everyone's body does not function the same way. And isn't it obvious that if you work out more you will expend more energy? Start weighing yourself and see how your body reacts to whatever diet you choose. Try to weigh yourself at the same time every day, make sure you are wearing the same clothes or get naked, and don't worry about daily fluctuations due to water weight.
>>
So I have a double chin. I am 5'11 150lbs not even fat but I have a double chin. If I look straight you can't really tell but as soon as I even slightly lower my head it pops out. I also have a huge adams apple. It was is crazy. I grew my beard out for a year and then shaved and was shocked. No double chin before then. I've noticed both my mom and grandma have double chins as well. Am I just genetically doomed to have one? Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>40268875

You could post a pic so that we know what the fuck you're asking about
>>
Struggling to lock out on my 505lb deadlift, my hips are prob weak. What is some good workouts to help with it
>>
>>40264677
disproportionately small to what? looks pretty dyel all around
>>
File: dblchin.jpg (102KB, 300x760px) Image search: [Google]
dblchin.jpg
102KB, 300x760px
>>40268910
Looking back at pictures two years ago I actually used to have a jaw.
>>
>>40269069
Double chin could be a genetical issue.

I knew a chick, sickly thin legs and arms, flat tommy.... and a square face with double chinness...
>>
>>40269113
I mean the only other thing I could think of that would have caused this would be that back during last Dec ~ March I bulked really hard. I weighed 130lbs on Dec 1st and by the end of March I was 174lbs. I then stopped lifting again and dropped back down to 140lbs over 2 months. Then I shaved for the first time with a total of like 5 months of no lifting and I noticed the double chin.

Could I may have just bulked too hard and just happened to store a lot of the fat under my chin?
>>
>>40269144
Wouldn't know that for sure. Maybe that's your fat distribution. Maybe you matured that way. Face is usually one of the first things to lose fat once you start dropping body fat.
>>
What are my options for doing cardio that is not running? I can't stand running, treadmill or outdoors, and I'd like an exercise for off days to improve cardiovascular health. I've been thinking of doing P90x or some other HIIT. Will that be good enough?
>>
>>40269182
Biking, walking, hiking, jazzercize. Literally anything that gets your heartrate going.
>>
>>40269213
I guess I should be more specific. I'm currently doing a strength training routine, but I'd like to do cardio on off days (just 2x a week). Do you think that level of frequency will be enough?
>>
>>40261156
its always the same dude making the thread
every. fucking. day.
>>
>>40269374
Play basketball, hockey, football, soccer, tennis, table tennis or literally any sport with you mates
>>
Can someone give me a good resource on interminent fasting, sticky has nothing
>>
>>40267147
Well that's damage control right there dude. Lowering calories the next day
>>
I'm about to go to the gym for the first time in a few years and i'm really nervous. How do I get over this ridiculous feeling.
>>
>>40269999
It will resolve itself after the first session. Trust me. Just get a lay of the land then come 2nd or 3rd time you'll be alright
>>
>>40270008
Thanks anon that makes me feel a lot better.
>>
>>40270014
No problem. Also keep in mind that no one really cares what you're doing. They're all so focussed doing their own thing anyway.
>>
When I lift I get a big lump that looks like a bulging vein on my right arm. Only noticed it recently, it doesn't hurt but it's just a noticeable size. Read online that it could lead to a ruptured vein, has anyone experienced anything similar? I don't want to go to the doctor over nothing
>>
>>40261427
always stretch biceps and chest together, they are connected and isolate biceps on a cable machine.
>>
File: DFBTj0a.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
DFBTj0a.gif
940KB, 627x502px
Hey /fit/. 2 months into SS here.

I want to change from SS to something else because I think I'm not losing fat and gaining muscles fast enough. I'm considering this 5x5 routine from this article;

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5-best-bodybuilding-programs.htm

Is this routine alright for that? Also, I'm having trouble understanding this line;
>Alternate between workout A and workout B three times a week with at least one day off between sessions.
Should the routine be AxBxAxx and then BxAxBxx so on and so forth?

Thanks in advance.
>>
What exactly is the point of fish oil? Seen a lot of praise for it on here, and I've been taking it for a while because why not, but I'm curious what exactly it actually does
>>
Is it useful to do a short workout for abs and forearms pretty much every day? Or should I do both less often and more exercises? I've heard both from people and I'm not sure what's best
>>
Accidental binge? The word accident is vastly, vastly overused and, frankly, abused nowadays. When two people collide their vehicles while both following traffic laws that's an accident. When you go for a walk and your foot falls into a concealed depression in the grass that's and accident. When you buy greasy, salty food, put it to your lips, chew it and finally swallow it that's not an accident, that's a choice. You made that choice because you wanted to eat the cake(or chips or burger, whatever), more than you wanted to exercise and eat healthy. Don't call it an accident and don't fucking lie. I really don't care if you lie to me but lying to yourself is pathetic and it's a one way ticket to failed relationships, a dead end life and missed aspirations. If you really wanted to not eat cake. You wouldn't fuckinh eat cake. I can't effect that, only you can, and it's predetermined. If you failed once you'll only fail again until you change something. Keep doing the same things and you'll get the exact same fucking result. Or look inside yourself, find what you really want, and do it. Intended actions are far, far more respectful, even if they're unhealthy. I'd respect you more if you wanted to eat chips and play vidya than if you kept telling yourself you were eating healthily between binges. Fuck.
>>
is starting wiht your target weight for your workout a meme? I usually do two warmup sets and go straight to my target weight for whichever exercise and just do sets at that weight, but most if not all the guys in my gym "work up" through the weights, and tell me it's better to build up over a few sets, which I think is counter-productive, who is right and wrong here?
>>
>>40261541
It's so you don't have to spend 4+ hours in the gym on push+leg day.
>>
I eat healthily, but my diet isn't really suited for lifting.

I want to join a gym, but how long would it be, if I started SS, before I started to waste away?

What I mean is, if I joined a gym and started doing squats, DL etc. would I be wasting my time? I'd guess my current diet is more suited to cardio at the moment. Would it be OK to start lifting and slowly change my diet to suit my goals? Not that my goals are particularly unrealistic or high.

I just want to make sure my body is in good shape so I don't turn in to a feeble old man with a reasonable level of strength.
>>
>>40271025
Post your diet, make sure understand SS is a strength routine, make sure you understand SS is a beginner routine and beginners make gains easily
>>
>>40271052
I can't really post my diet because it's quite erratic. It's not so much about what I eat, but what I don't eat.

We have a nutritionist at work in our health department and apparently I'm the healthiest person there. Things like BMI, Blood sugar, cholesterol etc. are all spot on.

I used a diet tracking app for a while and they were pleased with what I was eating.

As for SS, I have the book (a physical copy) and have started reading it. I just asked because obviously eating salads and steamed meals aren't exactly the best way of going about SS.
>>
>>40271067
Are you not eating meat?
I have no experience about veganism but no matter how exotic your dies is if you are hitting your macros and you calorie goal and taking supplements to cover up you should be good
>>
what's a good alternative to deadlifts that hits the hamstrings and lower back? I can't use my arms
>>
>>40271077
Oh, I eat a lot of meat, but I just used salads as an example of something that's obviously not going to help make gains.

I don't eat crisps, chocolate or sugary drinks.
>>
>>40270690
h-help
>>
>>40261622
keep training breh you're still to fat to tell
>>
>>40266392

Im an English Major and my sentences are fine you faggot. Can you not handle more than 7 words in a sentence? Make sure you take a little stop at each comma you mongoloid, so you don't get too out of breath because you have to read out loud.
>>
File: 1485929756704.jpg (40KB, 760x594px) Image search: [Google]
1485929756704.jpg
40KB, 760x594px
>>40261118
>>40261118
Stronglifts 5x5:

If my 5x5 weight is 30kg, how should I warm up?

Just 2x5 20kg, then my 5x5 set? 3x5@20, then 1x3 then 1x2 with incremental weights like warmup calculators tell me, or is that nuts?
>>
Ok I got the sore elbow. Been about 2 weeks but it's getting worse. I really don't wanna take couple weeks off lifting. What do
>>
Want to join a gym.

How do I get over the fear of having no idea what I'm doing? Do I literally just get changed, walk out and head up to a bench, load up some weight, pick it up, put it down, re-rack it and leave?
>>
>>40271564
First set at 60% of working weight, second at 80 and then three at working weight.
>>
>>40271568
Take a couple weeks off lifting or take a couple of months off lifting. Your call.

I have a 350lbs 1RM DL @ 5'8" 180lbs. How much can I tire flip?
>>
>>40271564
whoever drew this really sucks at perspective
>>
>>40271678
That makes no sense at all
>>
>>40271715
Shit sucks u think I could still do core and leg shit just nothing elbow heavy? Idk did deads yesterday and woke up extra sore and stiff elbow. So it seems to not matter. Fml
>>
>>40271564
Thats what you get for getting your feet off the ground eggbro
>>
Should I have a session tomorrow where I sacrifice gains for 5 hours sleep in order to try and fix my sleeping pattern?
>>
>>40271799
Yes, fix your sleep immediately
>>
File: 12134558942.png (26KB, 584x700px) Image search: [Google]
12134558942.png
26KB, 584x700px
>>40270690
guys respond pls
>>
>>40271843
Changing routine won't change the rate at which you lose fat. On top of that, the gains you make in 2 months are bare noticeable.
>>
File: 1481481654901.jpg (156KB, 898x618px) Image search: [Google]
1481481654901.jpg
156KB, 898x618px
How long do people usually do ss for?
>>
>>40272041
2 - 6 months depending on what shape they're in before starting. No matter what, you should always stick to beginner programmes until you've exhausted your noob gains.
If your goal is strictly strength based you can stay on it for a longer period of time.
>>
Is there anything bad in eating chicken drumstick if you remove the skin?
Why does it seem to be a cheat meal to many?
>>
>>40272067
Higher fat content. Unless your bulking, don't eat it frequently.
>>
>>40271743
No. For one thing, we don't have any idea as to what kind of injury your elbow has. Could it be impingement? Dislocation? Torn muscle? Etc. for another even though shoulders are not primary movers they'll still be used as stabilizers in some exercises–or, at the very least, some stress will be placed on them.

Lastly, if your elbows hurt from DL you might wanna double check your form and make sure your arms are not "lifting" the deadlift.

>>40272041
Until you hit your genetic limit. Or, as Rip put it, until you hit 3 reloads w/out progress.
>>
>>40261118
Is working out 2x a day, once in the morning and once in the evening, doing more harm than good? Usually do 8-10 minutes of cardiovascular before the actual workout and mornings aren't as intense as evenings
>>
>>40272041
fucking hell they got shorter

top kek

EVERY god damn time
>>
>>40261427
You need to do some direct bicep work.
>>
Is this high or low bar position?

I see some people with a high high bar and others with a lower high bar if that makes sense. Does it matter?
>>
>>40263875
You probably aren't going to be able tor recover quick enough, you're going to be burnt the fuck out by the end of the week.
>>
>>40272091
It's outside elbow. Prob tennis elbow. It's been bugging for couple weeks seems to be worst after bench and curls. That's today's lifts. It only when hurts/dull pain when arm fully extended. It's just gonna suck to take a week or 2 off for a dull pain in 1 elbow. Tricep extensions seem to be the real killer. Guess I'll just do core work with no weights or elbow movement till it gets better so I can at least do something
>>
I'm just starting out at the gym. How do I know which weights I should be using?
>>
File: 1485304655789.jpg (91KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1485304655789.jpg
91KB, 1200x675px
>>40272126
there was a thread on fit a month ago about being 6 feet with all the shops when the first image came out because the girls were actually taller than the guys

I shoulda saved all of them
>>
>>40270812
>>40270803
Bumping both these questions
>>
>>40272107
if it's lifting twice a day, yeah it's probably unnecessary unless you're advanced af. but obviously you're not
>>
>>40272166
Right now, besides lifting, I spend my whole day relaxing, cooking etc so I guess I'll be able to recover. But I'll do it for only a month or so, before classes start.
>>
I need a way to massage my back, so I was thinking about a foam roller and a lacrosse ball. Is there any added value by adding a medicine ball? If so, does the weight of a medicine ball (or other qualities) affect how well it can be used to massage my back?
>>
>>40261118
I use olive oil in the pan for when I cook chicken, fish or whatever the fuck I throw in there

should I be counting the olive oil kcals or does it evaporate
>>
>>40274194
>should I be counting the olive oil kcals or does it evaporate
kek
It's oil, it doesn't evaporate like that. It's about 40kcal per teaspoon / 120kcal per tablespoon, and you should count those, of course.
>>
>>40274228
welp fuck me, somehow I haven't been gaining weight though

also I always hear how its bad to use it in the pan since the high heat causes cancer or some shit like that, is that true?
>>
>>40274245
I rather not cook with any vegetable oil; I prefer butter or lard. Sure olive oil will degrade quickly af when you heat it (that's why every single good olive oil is cold pressed), but that won't you give cancer nigga lmao.
>>
How often should I take a rest week?
I was thinking 3-4 times a year, maybe having one at the end of March or mid April.
I'm doing a basic hypertrophy routine incorporating db flat bench, db OHP, rows and front squats.
>>
I was tracking my weight and holy fuck how do I know if it's fat gain/fucked macros or water weight?

measured this past 7 days and I averaged at 67kg

I started last sunday with 66.7kg, then it went up and was at its highest 67.7 and lowest 66.4kg and today I woke up at 67.2kg
>>
operation in 2 weeks
they're gonna cut my leg open
gonna be immobile for a while

I'm a recovering fatty so how do I keep active and not slide back into old habits
>>
>>40274563
just track by lowest weight and if you're just starting out it's going to be different. Once you're more than a week in you can trust the first measurement and then 10 days or so later you can trust the 2nd.
>>
File: kingInTheNorthline.jpg (44KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
kingInTheNorthline.jpg
44KB, 500x374px
I'm starting a home gym because local gyms are packed in the hours I can go. Can anyone recommend a SAFE squat cage and bench? I will probably be working out alone most of the time so I don't want something that might fail.
>>
Why do people say that SS/SL is a meme?

Also, my knees are shot and squatting to parallel causes a lot of pain in my patelar tendon. Is it okay if I don't squat as deep or should I just kill myself because nogains?
>>
hey, what is a good replacement for t-bar rows?
>>
>>40274931
>Why do people say that SS/SL is a meme?
SS: it won't make you aesthetics; it's meant to be done for 3 to 9 months only, for the solely purpose of getting your lifts on a novice/intermediate level. When it 1st came out, it was a true game changer; nowadays, there are similar programs which incorporate the same principles + accessory training to make you look like you lift (Phraks GSLP, ICF 5x5, etc). All in all, SS still is one of the best programs you can do as absolute beginner (for few months only).

SL: it's a plain bad adaptation of SS; it only got famous bc it has a nice app for tracking results.

> Also, my knees are shot and squatting to parallel causes a lot of pain in my patelar tendon. Is it okay if I don't squat as deep or should I just kill myself because nogains?

It's never ok to half squat. ATG squats are also bullshit, but if you keep half-squatting you'll only increase the load on your knees.

Alan Thrall has a great video on how to get better mobility on your squats. You'll lose a couple weeks not squatting, but in the long run it's well worth it.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvGr7wXQfwE
>>
>>40273690
Ty anon
>>
i'm 6'4 and squat deep without oly shoes, am i missing out on potential comfort/gains/less aching/stability/whatever or is it just a meme?

currently using gym shoes from high school and do about 110kg on working sets, my squats aren't particularly wide either
>>
>>40275513
6'3 here, I dl in oly shoes, but prefer to squat in just my sockks
>>
I'm gonna start boxing training in a month is there any extra conditioning shit I should do to prepare or is a basic lifting routine and running fine enough?
>>
>>40275912
Practice every bodyweight exercise you can think of
>>
>>40275912

I don't think boxers use weights. Do fuck tones of bodyweight exercises. A lot of pushups, pullups, sit ups, burpies, etc.
>>
>>40261118
How would you best stretch the achilles? I had club foot when I was younger and they had to artificially lengthen it, but I have a shit ROM for dorsiflexion and standard shit like touching my toes doesn't seem to be improving it.

Really fucking up my squat form and my bench is about to overtake my squat because I'm unable to go heavy without losing balance
>>
>>40262218
Mute notifications from that group and just catch up on it once or twice a day.

5 minutes of skimming is worth it when faced with the possible social cost of having missed something important.
>>
Should I wait until I get a decent diet going before I go to the gym (I'm a skelly). I was thinking of going a couple times just to get a general sense of the place.

Also, with Xsport does a membership give you access to all their gyms or is it gym specific? Basically I have two gyms in equal distance to me I can choose from.
>>
How do you guys meet your protein goal? I'm struggling with getting 160g every day. Shit is expensive.
>>
>>40276497
how do you calculate your protein intake? im 6'0 and weigh 186 and cutting
>>
>>40275983
>>40276162
does anyone have that bodyweight/lifting mix routine? kinda explains how if you're mainly into weightlifting but wanna learn more bodyweight shit how you'd ease into it?

cause I've been into weightlifting for a while now but I'll add bodyweight I just don't know where to start
>>
>>40276594
your weight multiplied by 0.8

should be 148.8 in grams
>>
>>40271092

That's literally the perfect diet man. Lift AND do cardio. Become a beast.
>>
Would it be worth it to get a personal trainer if the only thing I'm worried about is my form? Someone suggested it to me but I'm not exactly rich.
>>
Would drinking protein while not lifting fuck me up? Or is it ok since it's just ez protein. I have to hit a high number and since im on a cut.....
>>
I got intense pain in my left elbow after benchpressing and when I move it it hurts really bad. Is it my form and how can I relieve the pain.
>>
File: routine.png (2MB, 1856x4584px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
2MB, 1856x4584px
>>40276728

I did this when I was starting out.
I also did c25k at the same time.
>>
>>40276497
double scoop protein shakes, greek yoghurt, bacon
>>
>>40276915
get one that is just whey, and not mixed with creatine n shit and u will be fine
>>
5x5 routine
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=npsDClNTrKc
or
allpros Beginner Routine http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

Looking for a beginner routine with the ultimate goal of building an aesthetic body, any recomendations will be appreciated.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.