[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does progressing in squats without a pussy pad strengthen your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1461652394295.gif (2MB, 356x292px) Image search: [Google]
1461652394295.gif
2MB, 356x292px
Does progressing in squats without a pussy pad strengthen your traps as well?

What would happen if a person just progressed with a pussy pad?
>>
if you use a pad on squats you will never progress or make it in any way
>>
>>40256541
I don't know if you are being seriois or speaking like an elitest but explain how a pad negates progression

I personally don't use a pad, so don't think I do
>>
>>40256523

They will have more trouble progressing, because the pad puts the bar in a less stable position. Other than that, not much changes.
>>
>>40256523
>>40256565

The pad is terrible and you shouldn't use it. It doesn't let you have it in your natural proper position, and isn't snug against your back so it can shift and that shift in position can throw off your squat. If that happens at the wrong place it can directly lead to injury.
>>
>>40256582
>>40256589
I see, so will my traps/back make any gains holding a heavier weight every week?
>>
>>40256626

Some, but it's not a huge amount with a regular squat.
>>
>>40256626
yes. You will get more sturdy just make sure you are keeping balanced
>>
>>40256523
I've never had to use a pad, however I really don't fault anyone who does have to start with one. Not everyone starts out with traps, and forcing someone to squat without a pad because autists on this board pat themselves on their invisible watermelon-carrying backs is dumb.

If someone, or yourself, needs to start out with a pad, go right ahead. You shouldn't be hurting yourself or limit your squatting progress because you don't want to use a pad. Just to supplemental trap work until they catch up.

As for a pad limiting your progression on your traps... doubtful, because squats themselves don't work your traps in any meaningful manner. Some autist is going to post that they got huge traps by squatting without a pad I'm sure but:
A) their deadlifts did 100000x more for their traps than squats
B) their traps are shit anyway because /fit/ barely even lifts
>>
>>40256565
The bar has to rest properly in the traps without moving and the pussy pad prevents that and keeps it destabalized. At 2pl8 the difference isnt noticeable, at man weights it will be much harder to balance
>>
I've never used a pad.

Fucked up once

Hurt my trap like a motherfucker

Never did that again
>>
>>40256935
I started as a 58kg skelly and I didn't use the pad. You just need to find the correct spot.
For gods sake girls squat without it, they definitely don't have traps.
>>
Maybe I just never found the right spot but resting the bar on my traps is unbearable

So I just do lowbar
>>
>>40256565
ever seen a person pussypadsquat more than 100kg?
guess why

1. that shit won't stay on your back, your arms will have to hold it up and that's pretty bad
2. you effectively put it further away from your center of mass, reducing the efficiency of the squat
>>
>>40259078
which is what you should do in the first place as long as you can still benefit from low diminishing returns
>>
>>40256935
Have you heard of low bar squats?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.