[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /fit/ Joined a gym for the first time, dont rea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471897423690.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471897423690.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Help me out /fit/

Joined a gym for the first time, dont really know how anything works been looking a the stick and this http://oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine/

Is it as easy as learning how to do these exercises and then going to the gym and doing them?

How do I get over my feel of the gym bros looking at me a judging?
>>
If your anxious learn exercises before or go with a friend.

Who am I kidding I built a home gym and live the easy life.
>>
>>40243305
>friend
Anon, please offer realistic help
>>
Learning the exercise is obviously first step

Also don't fucking worry about the people there

There is one thing that matter though
You're not just there to move weight around

Keep in mind what the exercise targets muscle wise and try and focus on feeling the muscle pulling the weight

You need to drop who at the door especially as a beginner
If you need to use 10 lbs to feel something then do it next week go for 15lbs
>>
>>40243259
>Is it as easy as learning how to do these exercises and then going to the gym and doing them?
They're all simple. If you struggle with anything check youtube for form.

>How do I get over my feel of the gym bros looking at me a judging?
You don't, you just endure it for 2 weeks until it goes away and you build muscles.
>>
>>40243338
Just realized you're doing a as type routine
Form matters still build a solid foundation
Keep in mind people spend years mastering compound movement so always look on things to improve
>>
>>40243259
If you're really nervous about it, go up to somebody who looks like they know what they're doing and ask them for help. People are typically nice, and gymbros are usually supportive of people trying to get in shape.

Plus they don't want their workout interrupted by EMTs because you snapped your back deadlifting with bad form.
>>
Most people at the gym have no idea what they're doing, and nobody cares how much you lift so start light and work on your form till you start getting it down
>>
thanks for the advice, Im sure you all get bothered by beginner questions all the time but its nice you all responded, I'm hitting the gym tomorrow morning, will try to be less of a pleb
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.