[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experiences with snapping your shit? I may have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: deadlift_faults2.jpg (51KB, 713x367px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift_faults2.jpg
51KB, 713x367px
Does anyone have experiences with snapping your shit? I may have a disc bulge/herniation and I thought I should do some active recovery assistance exercises. I have already went to a doctor but it was little help. My hamstrings have gotten extremely tight in the last week and I can't hip hinge for shit. I also get mad leg pain when I put on my socks or other simple maneuvers.
>>
>>40237176
Do Bill starr's muscle rehab
>>
You prob lift too much weight with shit form. Snap back to reality and slowly progress upwards. Also forget testing your max. for 10 years
>>
File: squat1.webm (3MB, 720x504px) Image search: [Google]
squat1.webm
3MB, 720x504px
>>40237231
Well thanks. Here's a webm of my sqwats. I thought I did pretty well but feel free to critique.
>>
>>40237176

I've seen so much conflicting shit on head position.

Some people say looking up is the only way to go. Some say look forward. Others say neutral head is the only snap-proof method.

Fuckin drives me mental. Just went with what felt like the best form deads to me. Neutral head masterrace.
>>
Yea i snapped my shit up doing a squat - warming up at 80kg!!! I have no idea what happenned. When to physio and said i had sprain a ligament in my lumbar. Was in mild pain for a few weeks and i lost confidence and didnt do lower body for a year. But now im back baby
>>
>>40237525
Same here, but with 84 kg on low bar squats.

OP, your pain / symptoms sound identical to what i dealt with. It took me a solid three weeks before the pain eased up. Also, it sounds crazy, but sleeping on the floor with blankets helped my back pain more than anything else (pain was waking me up in bed).

Good luck
>>
>>40237176
>>40237226
Look into Dr Stuart Mcgill. /plg/ recommended him and his his stuff has been really useful rehab/prehab for me
>>
>>40237464
do you ever breathe?
are you comfy with such a close foot stance?
that weight looks a bit too light for you man, it doesn't even challenge you.
>>
When do I breathe doing deadlifts, I catch myself holding my breath for the set.
>>
>>40237716
After you've let the weight touch the ground and your core becomes relaxed.
You hold in your breath to brace your core.
>>
>>40237716
when you start deadlifting focus on not breathing at the top of the movement.
Always keep the breath til youre back down.
>>
>>40237838
>>40237880
Thanks brehs
>>
>>40237464
You are hyperextending when you innitiate the squat, so your spine returns to neutral when you hit depth. Squeeze your glutes before starting the squat and allow your torso to leen slightly more forward.
>>
>>40237176
Sounds like disc herniation with sciatica, especially about putting on socks
I've been going through it for about 6 months now but i've heard cases where it last more than a year if you don't just completely rest it. My advice is to not do "recovery/assistance exercises" whatsoever because you will just irritate the disc more. best medicine is to lie on your front
>>
>>40238208
I can see that. This was my first time doing high bar squats actually because I thought it was the low bar squat that was giving me a hard time. I haven't squatted in roughly a month since it beats the fuck out of my back.
>>40238263
The doctor doubted it to be sciatica because the leg raise test was negative. It left me dumbfounded because I thought that pain radiating through the back of the legs all the down to calves was certain sciatica.
>>40237578
I'll look in to it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.