[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Read sticky >MobilityWOD: A blog that focuses on maximizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage[1].jpg (65KB, 554x413px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
65KB, 554x413px
>Read sticky
>MobilityWOD: A blog that focuses on maximizing mobility - also covers some self massage. Here is a great selection specifically for squats.
>Link is dead
What is a good resource for preparing myself to squat? I can't go parallel so I need to get flexible first.

Turning 35 years old this year, so my only hope of high test is from working out, and using my butt and leg muscles is the best workout.
>>
>>40231289
The squat acts like a stretch. Strength training with full range of motion is better for mobility than stretching alone.
If you cant go to parallell then its most likely due to bad technique or freakish proportions like really long femur.

Just squat 3 times a week with weight and you will get more flexible. This applies to almost any lift.
>>
>>40231341
that may be true but then again who the fuck squats 3 times a week?
>>
>>40231341
I injured myself a few years ago (herniated disc) by following this advice.

Would like some real resources for mobility. If they exist, sticky should be updated since link is dead.
>>
>>40231466
you inured your back because of bad technique. I fixed my back pain by squatting 3 times a week.
>>
>>40231515
It was bad technique but it was because of a lack of flexibilty.

If you can't get into proper form in the first place how do you avoid injury?
>>
If you look up Kelly Starett Hip mobility on yt you'll get some great stuff. I've been using the most viewed one daily and it's improved my squat form so much.
>>
>>40231639
I think this is the same as your link
https://www.mobilitywod.com/propreview/pre-squat-hip-opener-mob-rx-mobility-project-episode-363/
>>
youtube how to squat. any decent fitness youtube should have a step by step guide about building to how to get into the position

usually variations of hold a door frame and squat low or put small plates under your heels and squat as low as you can
>>
>>40231719
Kelly starret is a cunt and a faggot, to be honest. His advice sounds good but it's not based on truth. I would be very cautious about following his advice cause I already got hurt trying to follow it.
>>
>>40231808
I don't see how, he seems like an at least alright guy. You probably pushed yourself too hard doing stretches and such
>>
Youtube Joe Defrance limber 11, do that at home once a day (like when you're sitting on your ass watching tv or something, not hard). Honestly could probably skip the rolling stuff if you lack lacrosse/cricket ball and roller, but do the rest of it. About 5-10mins

Also youtube Yoga with Adriene 30 days of yoga. Sounds gay as fuck but honestly is legit. I'm at day 20something (NYR was work on mobility, dont hate) and hamstrings and hips are noticeably better in stretched positions. Just do it at home so you don't look like a fucking gaylord going to classes, 30 mins, but it's working wonders for me.You'll notice a lot of mobility sites/Defranco's stuff etc use movements that look like they came from yoga
>>
>>40232144
Oh, forgot to paste link for lazy for yoga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBu-pQG6sTY&index=2&list=PLui6Eyny-UzwxbWCWDbTzEwsZnnROBTIL
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.