[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting my first day of Muay Thai training later today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm starting my first day of Muay Thai training later today. Does anyone have any experience in it and what I'm in for today?
>>
sore ankles. Every new martial session ends with sore legs as you learn legwork.
>>
Warmup will be hard. Then you'll probably be training some simple moves in pairs, like straight punches with focus on technique and leg movement. It'll be exhausting as fuck. You won't actually hit or kick anything for many weeks though.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 540x960px)
image.jpg
98KB, 540x960px
>>40229384
DON'T GET DISCOURAGED.

For real though, a striking martial art means your likely to be doing a lot of conditioning that you are not used to. Things WILL come together if you apply yourself but be prepared for a rough first few weeks maybe month of rather dull conditioning.
>>
>>40229384
Intense cardio, more intense than any running on my own or Football practice or anything else I've ever done.
>>
>>40229785

I've been doing striking for many more years than grappling and I have to say. Striking arts I feel like require less cardio. Maybe I'm just used to it, muscle memory and all, so I tire less when striking.

I can spar three full 5 minute rounds full blast, but doing some grappling with the Gi tires me out in 3 minutes flat.

None the less Muay Thai is bad ass and will condition you and give you one hell of a body if you stick with it.

It depends on the school you go to. I go to a gym called The Yard in Los Angeles and they don't really babysit anyone. You get thrown to the wolves right from the start. You'll be sparring and working out with pros even, but don't worry you won't get hurt either, they'll hold back, but you'll be sore the next day
>>
>>40229384

take care of your knees and have fun
>>
>>40229384
Op here

I'm doing it mainly to start fighting at bars.. There's a girl I like and her ex boyfriend is a good boxer and I wanna make sure I can kick his ass

srs
>>
>>40230513

Learn some grappling too. If you go to the ground and he's stronger he might make you cry uncle.

And you better take it seriously, even though Muay Thai is a better art, if this guy is a good and serious boxer, he can still fuck you up in front of your used up putrid cunt of a girlfriend
>>
>>40229384
Tiger shots are a bitch to do.
>>
Even if I trained muay thai I don't think I'd ever have the balls to step in a ring to compete. I almost had a mental breakdown during my first tkd exam when I was a kid, seriously don't know how you guys do it in boxing and mt.
>>
>>40230513
lol Muay Thai won't save you from doormen and police
>>
>>40230996

We feel the pressure just like you did. We just go through with it anyways
>>
>>40232333
how often do you compete?
>>
>>40230513

This is pathetic. Fight when you have to dont just go around starting fights like a nigger,
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.