[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my gf is wanting to go to the gym with me to workou. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So my gf is wanting to go to the gym with me to workou. Should females do different routines than males? Or should I just have her do something like >SS
>>
Tell her to read the /fit/ sticky which addresses this topic specifically.
>>
>>40229111
Obviously they can train the same. Ss would make a woman sexy desu
>>
>>40229135
I actually kind of figured SS would be pretty good for a female due to is heavy emphasis on squats
>>
Another question. I dont think she is going to like deadlifts. She had an accident several years ago and sometimes has back pain. I am gonna have her try them, but if she isnt having it, what are some good alternatives to a deadlift? Or should I just try and get her to tough through them?
>>
>>40229236
If she still has pain, get her checked out before you start training.

As for alternatives, glute ham raises is the only thing that comes to mind.
>>
>>40229271
Well it seems to me like her back just gets tired/sore faster than normal. Maybe doing deadlifts will help. Maybe its all in her head. Idek.
>>
>>40229236
squats and deadlifts cured me of my back pain. Had them from sports injuries.

My GF is starting to lift with me. I make her do SS while I do bro-split. I spot her for pretty much every set and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY, LIGHT WEIGHT". She's actually pretty good at spotting, she was able to assist me in some DB bench first try.

She says she feels akward, like she is invading my space, so I do my best to make sure she knows that she is welcome to train with me.

I like to drop little motivators to keep her going; "Babe, now that you're jacked..."
>>
>>40229283
If its just weaker, then yeah I would incorporate DLs, but preferably sumo since she is a women and want to build DAT ASS, and also, it'll be easier on the back for her. Just progress slowly w/ her.
>>
>>40229236
Use a hex bar if your gym has one. That'll take some pressure off the lower back while doing deadlifts.
>>
>>40229333
>squats and deadlifts cured me of my back pain.
o'rly
>>
>>40229509
Rly.

I'd have a reoccurring lower back injury, and would spend a lot of time in pain. It went away pretty quickly after getting back into lifting. I think strengthening everything pulled everything into place. I don't know.
>>
>>40229195
she's not going to gain anything from SS
she's not interested in strength
she's interested in going to a gym and working out and "toning" and losing fat and what not

unless you're gonna convince her to eat 3000 cals a day there's no point in her doing SS

just pick some women's looking exercises and let her have her fun doing her "fitness exercises"

nothing wrong with wanting to be completely casual about it
>>
>>40229509
>hurr my back hurts
>why does it hurt
>I was injured
>why were you injured
>because my back muscles are too weak
really makes u boggle the mind dunnit?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.