[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There isn't any way lifting can make me dumber, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: mark_rippetoe.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mark_rippetoe.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
There isn't any way lifting can make me dumber, right?

The body is a very complicated clusterfuck, which must be why we can't even cure simply diseases and damages despite landing satellites on asteroids and other planets.
Maybe through increased blood pressure in the brain while excerting great effort or something.

I hate being a weak DYEL, but if becoming strong means becoming a brainlet, I'd rather not.
>>
>>40228627
you think Mark is dumb brah?
>>
>>40228627
>if becoming strong means becoming a brainlet
???
>>
>>40228627
You should be fine anon, you're pretty retarded already.
>>
>>40228627
If youre this clueless about human biology then you probably dont have to worry about being a brainlet t b h
>>
>There isn't any way lifting can make me dumber, right?
Make you dumber? No.
>>
>>40228627
dont worry, i lift 700lbs and im' still smart as the day i lift 135. training both body and mind is key
>>
>>40228627
>landed satellites
satellites don't land. If they do they're not satellites.
>we landed asteroids
no dude we don't shoot rocks up into space. asteroids aren't even manmade they're literally space rocks.
>>
>>40228751
I learned from the best, anon.
>>
>>40228627
>There isn't any way lifting can make me dumber, right?

I don't think it's possible for you to be any dumber anon.
>>
I think you might have reached the rock bottom already, anon.
>>
>>40228667
No, just seemed like a good picture for grabbing anons attention while scrolling down the front page.
>>40228771
>>40228775
>>40228798
>>40228825
>>40228751
Yeah, I admit I know nothing about human biology/anatomy.
But the body is very complicated. Doesn't seem very likely, but still you never know.
Also, there is this
>According to a study published in the June 2000 edition of “Neurological Research,” cerebral blood flow velocity induced arterial pressure within the brain up to 450/380 mmHg. The authors state that "catastrophic brain injuries such as stroke, cerebral hemorrhage, subarachnoid hemorrhage, retinal hemorrhage and retinal detachment have been associated with weight-lifting."
http://www.livestrong.com/article/549800-long-term-effects-of-weightlifting-on-the-brain/

Atleast one study seems to indicate that resistance training can improve cognitive function in some areas, but that study was done with old women using machines. Barbell training, in particular squats could be very different.
>>
>>40229062
do you ever wonder why you feel alive in your body, why not another body?

i think if you can answer this question, then you can answer everything
>>
File: GET IN LOSER WE'RE GETTING MILK.jpg (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GET IN LOSER WE'RE GETTING MILK.jpg
119KB, 1024x768px
>>40228627
You calling Taleb a brainlet?
>>
last bump
>>
>>40228627
it certainly can

browsing /fit/ too much will make you dumber, for example
doing a stupid brosplit routine that won't get you where you want to be is going to make you dumber, because you'll insists that it's the "right routine for you"

if you're smart about it though, not only will you get stronger, look and feel better, you'll also learn something about how the human body works
and that makes you smarter
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.