[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /fit/, today i realised you all lied to me but i don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
51KB, 657x527px
hi /fit/, today i realised you all lied to me but i don't hold it against you because it's likely out of ignorance and simply parroted information, much like how i have done to other anons.

today i met someone at the gym doing SL 5x5, and he has been logging his lifts since he started. on his mobile he showed me a very clear graph, and all his lifts are progressing linearly upwards with some plateaus here and there - but his bodyweight is going DOWN.

>b-but OP, those are just CNS gains!

he's been lifting for almost half a year and his numbers are very consistently going up with no signs of losing speed
>>
>>40224813

I find it very unlikely that someone has been doing SL 5x5 for six straight months with no significant plateaus, bulk or not.
>>
>>40224838
well make use of this information how you will, this has changed my mind although i realise many will think this is just a troll but if any of you anons were on the fence i hope this pushes you in the right direction
>>
>>40224813
well OP, you had to learn one day

some people just have a better genetic deck of cards than you do, and will make gains doing anything

being able to sustain linear progression for that long in a calorie deficit or even at maintenance is really, really unlikely for most people
>>
>>40224856

So how much weight was he squatting?
>>
>>40224813
Did he start with the bar on every exercise?
>>
>>40224913
his squats are like 80 now, i think
>>40224914
i think a little above the bar, but still. his OHP is 35. its not the heaviest, but hes been permacut and 6'4
>>
>>40225012

Then he's had some pretty fucking significant plateaus. Someone who did SL, starting from the bar, and barely slowed down would be squatting closer to 140 for sets across. Someone who never missed a rep at all would be doing close to 180.
>>
>>40225020
hmm. i dont know, that kind of makes sense numbers wise, but the graphs he showed me only had like 2 or 3 horizontal lines per exercise. for the most part it just goes up and up. his squats are weak, maybe. hes 6'4. how do you explain the 35kg ohp?? thats pretty good
>>
>>40225020
I think he's talking of kilos.
>>
>>40225031
yeah its in kilos. i should have spotted that
>>
>>40225020
i just googled 180lbs. its 80kg which is what i said hes squatting so yeah HES ON TRACK WHILE PERMACUTTING WHY Y YY
>>
>>40225031

So am I. Six months, starting with the bar and adding 2.5kg per squat session adds up to a lot more than 80kg after 26 weeks (and 78 squat sessions - if he added weight once every three sessions he'd still be over 80).
>>
>>40225054
Presumably he started with just the bar.
>>
>>40225027
a 35kg OHP is not pretty good it's shit
>>
>>40225012
80kg squat and 35kg ohp is not good "linear" progress for half a year. He must be plateauing a lot.
If he's cutting at 6'4 like you say I imagine he's pretty heavy, so he has a lot of weight to work with. An 80kg squat for a beginner who weights, say 100kg, is way different from a beginner who weights 60kg. If you start out heavy you will lift heavier than someone who starts out skinny.
>>
>>40225027
I'm on week 2 of SL and I'm at 35 for ohp m8
>>
>>40225069
its novice though, according to symmetric strength. consider he is has been permacutting from what im assuming to be a DYEL start. doesnt matter if its relatively shit, it shouldnt even have happened

>tfw 25kg ohp because of shoulder sublaxation
>>
>>40225082
I did 40kg on the machine. Does it count? :')
>>
>>40224813
>he's been lifting for almost half a year

wow, fucking amazing. You discovered what noob gains are. Now watch him for another 6 months
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.