[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some advice. I'm getting back into lifting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 93e0c629a61f567f58616c61f5423d99.jpg (260KB, 697x1236px) Image search: [Google]
93e0c629a61f567f58616c61f5423d99.jpg
260KB, 697x1236px
Looking for some advice. I'm getting back into lifting, I wasn't able to for about a year, long story.

Bulking at 6'4, 180.

My lifts are pretty shit, but it's good to be back at the gym.

I've been doing strong lifts every other day to increase strength. Is that the best option? I'm in a position where I'd be able to, and would be happy to go every day if need be.

Stick with SR 5x5?

Any other advice?
>>
>>40223287
Like I said, my lifts are really shit.

5RM:

>Squat: 195
>Bench Press: 145
>Overhead Press: 100
> Deadlift: 225
>>
Your lifts are decent considering you took a year off, build up to 1/2/3/4 eat well and sleep, then switch programs according to your goals, I would say 2.5 months into the program add dips and BB curls,thats it pretty much.
>>
>>40223627
That's pretty reassuring. I've already added curls to OP day and incline dumbell press to bench day as accessories, should I wait to do that or nah?

Building up to 1/2/3/4 sounds amazing. I'd love to end my bulk at around 225 or so.
I started at 130 a few years back, so I still have a long ways to go.
>>
>>40223627
> build up to 1/2/3/4
what does this mean anyway? OHP 1plt/bench 2plt/squat 3plt/deadlift 4ply?
>>
>>40223761
130 at 6'4???
>>
>>40224324
Correct. A basic line to cross to get out of dyel stats.
>>
>>40223287
Fellow 6'4 fag here. Props for getting back to lifting. When did you start back up?
I would just say from personal experience that you don't want to neglect your back or your shoulders man. Throw some rows and pull ups in there, and make sure you hit your rotator cuffs for maximum injury protection.
>>
>>40224335
Yeah I used to be super fucking skinny. I used to think I couldn't gain weight because that's what everyone told me. I was still healthy and did sports and stuff, I just looked like fucking skeletor.

I decided to bulk as hard as I fucking could and made it up to 200 within a year and a half. I got a little fluffy at 15-16% body fat, but it was alright.

I then cut to 170, and now I've bulked up to 180.
>>
>>40224371
I started back up about three weeks ago. I do rows the same day I do squats, bench press, and incline dumbell press.

I might start working in some pull-ups too. I appreciate the advice, I would rather avoid injury.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.