[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 1/2/3/4 meant for 1RM, 5RM or 3x5RM? My current stats (3x5):

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: CJCen3NVAAAzoqV.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CJCen3NVAAAzoqV.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
Is 1/2/3/4 meant for 1RM, 5RM or 3x5RM?

My current stats (3x5):
Squat: 105kg
Deadlift: 135kg
Press: 57,5kg
Bench: 70kg

I want to reach 1234 by the end of the year, is it possible?
>>
>>40214092
i bench as much as you but i only do 45 on THE PRESS™ and i only squat about 70 and deadlift 90. i only do them once in a blue moon. why is your bench so weak, you should be able to bench at least 80-85
>>
>>40214163
>you should be able to bench at least 80-85
how do you know how much he should bench? everyone is different. besides that bench number looks pretty in line with squat and ohp
>>
>>40214174
he wants to hit 1/2/3/4 right. well he's nearly there with the OHP but prety fucking far with his bench. i think he can bench more but he probably does it after doing presses or some other shit and that restricts his progress on the bench.
>>
>>40214174
not the guy youre talking too, but his bench seems lagging. Its only 13kg above OHP.
>>
>>40214092
Lifting Numbers are always 1RM unless specified otherwise.

1/2/3/4 is not really balanced. On average, 1pl8 OHP is easier than 2pl8 Bench is easier than 3pl8 Squat is easier than 4pl8 Diddy.
Though depending on your training history and leverages (limb length), one lift might be significantly easier (or harder) to progress on.

You can easily reach 1234 by the end of the year, even if your training and diet are sub-optimal.
>>
>>40214092
My lifts are almost the same as yours. I find SS killing me though. I do Daily Undulating Periodization and only progresses weekly. I hope I can reach 1/2/3/4 too by the end of the year.
>>
>>40214163
OP here,
I have long legs and narrow wingspan. Is started doing dips (4-5 sets each workout) two weeks ago and it helped me to increase my bench and THE PRESS(tm).

I keep the tension while letting the bar down and push it up immediately and don't rest the bar on my chest when I do THE PRESS(tm)
>>
>>40214092
>>40214207
Here are my lifts:
- Squat (1x5x107.5kg)
- Bench (3x5x80kg)
- OHP (1x1x62.5kg)
- Deadlift (1x1x135kg)
>>
>>40214226
Op here, what is your weight and height?

1,85m with about 83kg.

I think my progress at the bench stalled, because I used a relative narrow grip. Since the last 14 days I was able to increase in 2,5kg steps.
>>
>>40214092
>>40214226

if you add 1 kg per week to your lifts (mainly bench and ohp) that comes out to around 4 kg/month or 44 kg in 11 months.

if you add 2.5 kg per week to your lifts (mainly squat and deadlift) that comes out to around 10 kg/month or 110 kg in 11 months.

obviously the progression won't stay linear but since you are still in early intermediate phase it should be pretty close to what you can achieve. OHP is the hardest lift to increase weight on so that 4 kg/month might not be true for OHP but half of that should be more realistic.

so yes, it's easily doable in both cases if you stick to it and don't get injured. if you plateau, do more volume. aim for at least 8-10 reps and at least 3 sets.
>>
>>40214268
Hmm I'm a manlet 167cm at 80kg
>>
1rm, no one gives a shit about your 5rm.
>>
>>40214413
1rm 2pl8 bench is only like 85kgx5, which is weak as piss
>>
>>40214426
I find 1RM to be highly inaccurate though. 100kgx1 would be 90kgx5
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.