[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be a stupid question, but what's the difference

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

This might be a stupid question, but what's the difference between cardio and stimulants? Obviously you're working during cardio, but why is cardio healthy by increasing your heart rate, but stimulants aren't?
>>
Bump curious about this
>>
cardio increases strength of the heart, while stims just make it pump very quickly
>>
I would guess its all of the growth factors and hormones that are released in response to exercise that makes the difference.
>>
Stims are a vasoconstrictor and are bad for your veins. Because you temporarily strain the veins a lot instead of slowly by training naturally they weaken. That's what's fucking you up in the long run.
>>
>>40207808
I think its because one makes your hearth beat faster because it needs to suply the muscles with blood, and the other just constricts your veins and makes it so your hearth needs to beat faster to make the blood flow. Also by constricting the blood vessels it increases wear. I'm an engineer tho, so i could be completely wrong
>>
>>40207808
One fucks with your heart and nothing else. The other fucks with your heart and builds muscle endurance in your legs.
>>
>>40207808
When doing cardio your body signals to your heart that it needs to pump more blood through your body because your muscles need more oxygen. Your body regulates itself how much your heart pumps and over time your body will be able to handle more.
When using amphetamines your body is not prepared for the sudden spike in blood pressure and heart rate. Especially your veins are unprepared for the strain and your body can't regulate the heart rate because of the amphetamines.

t. Volunteer for Dutch drug information team.
>>
>>40207808
Think of it this way, OP: You can be driving your car down the highway at 100mph, with the engine RPMs high because of it, and it's OK for the engine. But if you sit in your driveway and floor the throttle with the car in park, the engine is going to very quickly self-destruct. Using lots and lots of stimulants all the time are like sitting the driveway with the throttle floored; you're going to wreck something.

To be more scientific about it: Stimulants just stimulate your CNS, which revs up your heart. When you do cardio, you're engaging your entire body in the process, your heart rate increases in response to muscles needing more oxygen (i.e. they need more blood flow to get oxygen to them), and if you do it on a regular basis, an Adaptation process occurs, where more mitochondria are formed in muscles (*including* your heart) to better utilize oxygen; that's why regular cardio improves your overall endurance.

Endurance athletes (btw I'm one myself) even experience a phenomenon called 'Athletes Heart Syndrome', where one side of the heart enlarges somewhat (hypertrophy) because your training has made it stronger; it delivers a higher volume of blood per pump than the heart of an untrained person.
>>
if you have a heart attack does it cause permanent damage to your heart?

looking back i thnk i may have had one like 5 years ago (i'm only 28, but have been on adderall about 6-7 years). I've been at 25 mg /day the past several years, but there would be times I would take more and sometimes less than the prescribed dose a day. I would typically very rarely exceed 40. i've lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle for about 4-5 years, and also drank energy drinks or coffee fairly frequently in that timeframe, as well as cigarettes and a shitty diet. i was very atheltic and played sports in highschool, but embarassingly I am now at 250 lbs (i'm 6'1"). i also have pretty bad anxiety. I have always drank a lot of water, and recently have found this may not actually be good for me, since being overhydrated can increase your blood pressure. i think that exhausts all of the shitty things i've done to my heart over the past few years.

I've been cigarette free for almost 2 years now, and have severely limited my daily caffiene intake. i still don't eat very well or exercise all that much, but am improving.

I ask about my heart because for years now I have had a terrible problem with coughing up phlegm. I always attributed it to smoking, and though it has cleared up some since i've quit, it is still something i deal with on a daily. also, i've been getting pains in my chest. it varies in frequency, duration, and intensity. a couple months ago, last finals, is when it actually occurred to me i may have a serious problem. the pain was pretty bad and i could feel it in my hand, but was very brief. sorry for the length of this post; i didn't anticipate going into this much detail at first.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.