[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time posting in /fit/. So here's my deal. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0402.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
First time posting in /fit/. So here's my deal. I'm going to be testing to become a paramedic soon. And I'm tired of being a fat lazy piece of shit. I'm 6' 240 lbs with a beer gut like a 60 year old man. I read the stickey and I'm not sure if I got a work out plan figured out that will help me lose body weight and get my strength up. Can you guys help me correct this and add on to get me to look better?
>>
>>40204140
Read the sticky again fatass
>>
>>40204140
Read it again you fat POS.
>>
>>40204140
3x5? Are you TRYING to be a fat "powerlifter". Lol I don't do anything less than 4x10 and 3x30 for those burn out gainz
>>
>>40204140
post it again vertical so we can actually read it and we might be willing to help.
>>
All the guys hating are DYEL. the program is good, but there isnt enough volume. More reps/sets would be better for someone with your goals. As long as you focus on diet. You will get fit.
>>
Are you doing chin ups and situps every day? wut
>>
>>40204344
Thanks man. So what is a good number of reps/sets to do for a workout like that?
>>
>>40204237
>>40204268
Thanks fellas
>>
>>40205578
3 sets are enough if you give them your all, but you can do 4-5. ~10 reps.
Also do some cardio.
>>
>>40205947
Cardio same day? Or should it have it's own day? Sort of New at this
>>
>>40204140
If you want to lose weight and get strong then you're going to have to diet and get more active.

A strength training program, espescially at that low level is going to help a bit, but it's not really going to help you lose weight.

It will take...what..an hour. And during that hour you'll burn at the very most 300 calories.
The actual weight loss will come from your body repairing the damage. Which is kinda nothing.

If you're trying to lose weight but also put on some mass and strength then a basic bodybuilding routine with a 6-12 rep scheme combined with more low intensity cardio would work best for you.

I would suggest basic calisthenics/body weight so that you can fully understand the weight of your own body and have NO excuses to miss a workout. But you seem to be determined to lift.

The key here is diet and more movement and doing some kind of resistance, can be from weights, can be from your own body, can be a sandbag, a log, or a kettle bell SOMETHING to tell your body to maintain the precious muscle WHILE YOU LOSE FAT.
Anything else ANYTHING ELSE is just gravy.
>>
>>40206211
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
>>
I'm starting EMT certs this spring, and it specifically says to be in good health-- how did you make it far enough to obtain a degree in Paramedics in such bad shape?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.