[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was deadlifting at the gym today and this old PT came up to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1417446667554.jpg (76KB, 832x584px) Image search: [Google]
1417446667554.jpg
76KB, 832x584px
I was deadlifting at the gym today and this old PT came up to me and told me my form was "completely wrong" because I don't control the weight at the bottom of the rep and am just "dropping the weight"

He then proceeded to tell me that basically I'm a young retarded faggot and don't really know anything because I'm young, and that he was a powerlifter that could deadlift 600 lbs so that means he knows everything and I should kill myself

So was he wrong, or am I actually a retarded faggot and should be deadlifting 95lbs so I can completely control the weight throughout the entire movement?
>>
>>40203225
no he's an old faggot fucker. no one does reverse contraction super control bullshit on deadlifts and you're not supposed to
>>
File: 44uSzbA.jpg (141KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
44uSzbA.jpg
141KB, 1252x1252px
>>40203225

https://youtu.be/hHrysja5lYw?t=121

Look at him dropping the weight! How he can do dat! He doing it all wrong he have no idea what he doing! Someone tell him! Fat old powerlifter PT better inform him!

If it's not obvious I'm fucking triggered
>>
I'm a slightly less fat and old PT, and I used to be a powerlifter and I deadlifted 605 pounds. I say you can drop the weight.
>>
>>40203249
yeah? well I'm a ripped, active PT who currently is a powerlifter and I deadlift 610 pounds. He should control the weight all the way through
>>
File: IMG_0344.jpg (150KB, 749x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0344.jpg
150KB, 749x1024px
>>40203225
That's the thing "supposed to".

First of all everything tells me that dude is a liar. If he was so advanced, surely he knows that you can get a bigger deadlift without controlling the weight down.

In programming, an eccentric portion only serves to add volume without adding weight or reps.

That is all it does.
>>
>>40203279
Well I'm 7"13 and 600 pounds and deadlift 1300 x 8. I say he shouldn't deadlift at all, the shit is overrated.
>>
Well there is a whole spectrum between dropping it and doing a 5 second hippie shit negative. Second one would impede your potential performance. I think the best way is going for a fast but controlled negative.
>>
File: 1317166586284.jpg (88KB, 621x444px) Image search: [Google]
1317166586284.jpg
88KB, 621x444px
Well, at least I know I'm not crazy. It just pissed me off, "dude your form is COMPLETELY wrong, I don't know where you learned to deadlift but..."

Fuck you, man

Looking into a new gym because of it. Found one that's more expensive but has power lifting platforms and stuff, so they shouldn't have any problem with my crazy wacky deadlift form.
>>
>>40203225
Gym staff at more casual gyms get REALLY pissy about loud noise. I've had PTs yell at me multiple times about 'dropping' my deadlifts

Stuff some thin foam blocks under either end of your bar. It'll muffle the sound and the PTs should let you deadlift in peace
>>
>>40203804
>Looking into a new gym because of it.
First you take all his shit and lick his ass "yes sir I'll do as you say!!" instead of saying "Fuck that I'll continue doing it my way." ohh what did you say, did you Not lick his ass? No? Well did you tell him to fuck off? No?

and now you're even going to change gyms to hide from this guy? Fuck him. Unless he gets the staff to throw you out then you shouldn't change gym for no reason. Who cares about him. Just tell him No thanks, OLD MAN.
>>
>>40203225
I hate faggots like that
They're the type of guys that tag all their buddies in a gym meme and comment LMAOOOO WAT A RETARD on a video of a guy with some minor form errors
I genuinely believe this is some miserable tactic to boost their own self esteem.
You can make some friendly suggestions and tips -that's what I do and that's what I like to hear when I'm doing something wrong
>>
>>40205071
>First you take all his shit and lick his ass "yes sir I'll do as you say!!" instead of saying "Fuck that I'll continue doing it my way." ohh what did you say, did you Not lick his ass? No? Well did you tell him to fuck off? No?

Heh well I stood up for myself a lot more than I would have in the past. If this were years ago I would've been like "t-thanks" but I actually told him "uh yeah, no what I'm doing is not 'wrong', thanks" and that's when he proceeded that I'm young so I'm retarded

But he also told me that apparently people deadlifting is breaking their floor and the owners don't like it so we have to stop, so that's at least part of the reason I want to change. I'd also rather not lift somewhere where I know there's a prick always around hovering silently judging me

I'll take my money elsewhere, it's not like it's an amazing gym or anything
>>
File: 1407765737853.png (358KB, 393x442px) Image search: [Google]
1407765737853.png
358KB, 393x442px
>>40206866
and to be clear if he had just said "hey, we can't let you deadlift like that anymore because it's messing up the floor" it would've been fine obviously

it's also not like I think I'm some god and my form is flawless, and I'd gladly hear any tips on my form if it were something like "your ass is a little too low" or whatever. But jesus, "your form is completely wrong"? Because I don't baby the weight on the eccentric? Seriously?

fuck

fuck everything
>>
>>40203308
>7"13

manlets please go
>>
>>40203225
If you were slamming around 200 lbs like you were trying to cause earth tremors to attract a mongolian sandworm, then you should probably control the eccentric more.

If you were simply letting dropping it to the floor a couple inches off the ground, then you did nothing wrong. There are plenty of powerlifters that deadlift way more than 600 lbs that drop the weight on the way down.

Most injuries also occur in the eccentric portion, and when you're a couple inches of the floor there is a huge amount of stress on your back (not an inherently bad thing), which means that spending more time than necessary in that position can lead to injury.
>>
>>40206899
Sometimes people release immediately after they lock out and drop the weight free fall from full height. Most gyms don't like that because it shakes the floor and can damage it. You hold on a little bit and then drop as you go down.
>>
you should have at least some control, but not super slow careful shit. uncontrolled dropping can wreck the equipment, especially plain cast iron. rubberised stuff not so much
>>
>>40203308

>7"13

>2017
>Being less than 9'3"

Pick one
>>
>>40206866
>>40206899
They are weird about deadlifting at my gym too. I guess they are just off putting to your average gym goer.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.