[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always see people talking about protein powder and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

I always see people talking about protein powder and I'm wondering if it's necessary to make gains? Does it make it easier to make gains?
>>
>>40199466

Some people would rather just have something that takes 2 mins to make and consume rather than cooking a chicken breast etc. several times a day
>>
Feels good knowing that at 6'2 250lbs I could crush those two dyel manlets
>>
>>40199489
It makes it easier for me. I eat slot, but 210+ grams of protein a day is a bitch.
>>
>>40199501
>i could easily beat up the fighter in the world

pure delusion
>>
>>40199466
It isn't necessary but it's a lot more convenient to just mix up a shake and get 25g of protein or whatever and down it on the go
>>
>>40199501
if you don't train you don't have a chance
i bet you have a glass chin anyway
>>
>>40199506
Why would anyone need more than 120 of protein a day?
>>
>>40199510
>the fighter in the world
If you mean the 'best fighter' you're sorely mistaken.

He's gonna get crushed by khabib and would get raped by any half decent middle weight+
>>
File: 1484832208542.png (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484832208542.png
23KB, 200x200px
>>40199501
Without fail.
>>
Why do fighters always have flat unaesthetic chests?
>>
>>40199541
Because we don't waste our time training vanity muscles to impress the 4/10 skanks that inhabit your social circle.
>>
>>40199541
Kek
>>
File: Internet Badass.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Internet Badass.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>40199557
>we
>>
>>40199466
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUooO2TYHDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETiUDCFzYt8
>>
>>40199524
It depends on your body weight. Some published guides recommend 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. Not that we all train like SEALS, but its interesting to note this is the same daily allowance prescribed in The Navy Seal Nutrition Guide.
>>
>>40200327
>the military recommends it so it must be good

when will this meme die?
>>
>>40200333
Written by two PhD nutritionists and a medical doctor. I'll take the book's advice over anon's advice any day. And the figure appears in numerous other publications.
>>
>>40200351
IN all fairness, the book does say 0.6 to 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. I was referencing the high end.
>>
>>40199524
they weigh more than 120lbs
>>
>>40199541
>>40199557
Doesn't chest help with striking power?
>>
>>40199510
B J Penn at his best > Connor McManlet at his best
>>
>>40199466
there's a protein obsession thx to supplement shills
you do need protein(duh)
0.8-1.6 grammes per kilo you weigh are what's usually recommended
you can get this with normal food
protein powders dont have magic powers
if you want to add some extra protein to your diet without adding extra carbs or fat they are useful
>>
>>40200651
GSP>both
Fedor>all
>>
>>40200713
GSP was the most boring fighter in UFC history. He won most of his matches by lying on top of his opponents and running out the clock.
>>
>>40200600
Striking properly utilizes the entire body in the movement so yes, technically chest does help with striking power.

That said fighters typically don't have a big chest because it doesn't really help all that much
>>
>>40200600
>>40199541
yeah, they help the fighter, but it weights a fucking lot more than it helps, so its easier to have a flat chest and fight with skinny manlets than having a huge chest aesthetic chest and fighting dudes that could beat you
>>
>>40201211

Chest helps, but not as much as triceps, core, and legs. Left on its own the chest will be much less developed than other muscles, visually exaggerating the effect.
>>
>>40199466

Not necessarily. It's just cheap and convenient. So if its a choice between "powder" and "insufficient protein" then yes, it will help with gains. If you'd otherwise be obtaining sufficient protein from your diet adding it won't help and dropping other protein sources to make room for it might actually hurt.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.