[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ can you tell me what's going on with my squat? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0526.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0526.png
2MB, 1334x750px
/fit/ can you tell me what's going on with my squat? My knees are coming way far forward, and it's becoming so quad dominant. How can I improve this, I want glutes for the sloots
>>
It's fine faggot. Knees going over toes is a meme
>>
>>40198594
Lower weight, work on form, increase weight gradually
>>
>>40198613
It just feels wrong though, I'm getting back pain at lmao 1 pl8, there's no way I could sustain that form and go up in weight
>>
>>40198594
stop wearing those faggot shoes and then ull be fine
>>
File: 1485745464198.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485745464198.png
1MB, 1334x750px
more like this
>>
>>40198594
Deload and squat lower
>>
i might suggest trying low bar squat

or alternatively, drop the weight a bit, focus on keeping th elower back tight, and avoiding "butt wink" where your spine curves while at the bottom of the rep
>>
>>40198594
wall squats
>>40198622
That's because your abs are weak, also if you fell for rippetoe memeing it also means you're probably looking down, which you shouldn't.
>>
>>40198594
Try sitting back further into it.
>>
>>40198594
>my squat is hitting the correct muscles, help me hit my glutes in one of the least effective glute exercises.

If you want an arse, do bb hip thrusts and bb glute bridges. Those are number 1 and 2 in the entire world for your bum.

If those seem too gay, then do good mornings.

If that seems too gay, then do deadlifts.

Sldl, and rdl are also better at building glutes than low bar squats. So are bulgarian split squats. So are lunges.
>>
>>40198708
What this guy is saying, if you are high bar nothing is wrong at all.
>>
>Squatting in front of the rack
Is no one else going to mention this
>>
>>40199029
Eh why not, it's easier to bail outside the rack than inside.
>>
>>40199038
>it's easier to bail outside the rack than inside.

Literally what
>>
>>40198594
try squatting just the bar, maybe a plate, and do it barefoot.
>>
Your hips may also be tight. Stretch them before workout and before bed
>>
>>40198594
First of all, why are you squatting outside of the rack?

Explain yourself!
>>
>>40199916

He's squatting high bar so in that case its easier to roll the bar off your back than dump it into the safeties and risk breaking or warping the damn thing.

This is not a good idea with lowbar though.
>>
>>40199038
>Eh why not, it's easier to bail outside the rack than inside.

/fit/ everybody
>>
File: ER-Rack-Squat-and-Bench-IPF-3.jpg (10KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
ER-Rack-Squat-and-Bench-IPF-3.jpg
10KB, 450x335px
>>40199161
I'm in far greater control if I just dump the bar behind me and walk forward than if I try to dump it on the safety bars, might be because I can't set the safety bars to a level that is just right.

Could also be that I'm just too used to using competition racks anyway.
>>
>>40198594
looks good
>>
>>40198594
try benching 5x5
>>
>>40198594
> Olympic squat
> quad dominant
No fucking shit Sherlock
>>
>>40198594
Low bar squat with light weight onto a bench or chair that is almost in line with where your knees bend.

Do this for a 3-5 sets before you start your sets with heavy weight. It will teach you how to sit into the weight, rather than balancing on and pushing off with the balls of your feet. You want to sit with the weight and push up with your heels.

Anyway, do enough bench squats with light weight until that form just becomes a habit.
>>
>>40198594
Widen your stance.
You should be able to place your toes against a wall and squat down.
>>
File: atg.jpg (163KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
atg.jpg
163KB, 800x800px
Wasnt it said several times all over the internet that there's nothing wrong with knees over toes?

Depending on your proportions, you might even need it to squat to depth
>>
>>40201306
How does this man's knees not explode immediately in this position?
>>
If you want to target the posterior chain instead of quads, you need to do low bar squats. The bar should sit on top of your lats instead of your neck. Go to the art of manliness channel on jewtube for a nice squat tutorial. That's where I learned when I was doing starting strength
>>
>>40201354
>How does this man's knees not explode immediately in this position?

Iranian bio-mechanical knee locks, augmentation is here now, WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
>>
File: le me getting real anger.jpg (12KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
le me getting real anger.jpg
12KB, 286x176px
Youre wearing oly shoes, doing high bar and you wonder why your knees track over?

This board gets stupider by the day
>>
File: Sheiko_Klokov_2.jpg (43KB, 539x355px) Image search: [Google]
Sheiko_Klokov_2.jpg
43KB, 539x355px
>>40202139
This >>40198594
There's no way to maintain fairly vertical/upright torso without
A falling backwards
B knees tracking over your toes
C some ridiculous outwards pointing knee angle
D extremely short femurs

Your form looks completely okay from the pic.
>>
>>40203004
>some ridiculous outwards pointing knee angle
This is ideal and why Boris prescribes wall squats
>>
>>40201306
>heeled shoes

>>40201354
great mobility
>>
>>40203043
Sheiko is a pl coach doe. Not everything he says is applicable to all the areas of strength training.

Interesting point nonetheless.
>>
>>40198594

The bottom position of your squat is literally fucking fine.
>>
>>40201405
nigga must be from Deus Ex
>>
>>40198594
>Wants glutes
>Doing squats

Hip thruts and donkey kicks
>>
>>40199934
???
Bailing is better than safety bars
>>
>>40201306
>>40201354
It's a fast shoot camera, he is doing a snatch so his knees aren't holding the weight, the momentum he used to lift the bar and get under it decreases the pressure in them
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.