[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, what the fuck. Stronglifts says bar should be over mi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: barbell-row-lower-back.jpg (110KB, 1024x396px) Image search: [Google]
barbell-row-lower-back.jpg
110KB, 1024x396px
Okay, what the fuck.

Stronglifts says bar should be over mid-foot during setup. This places the arms at a slight backwards incline.

Alan Thrall says bar should line up with toes during setup (found here: https://youtu.be/G8l_8chR5BE?t=50)

Which one is correct, and why?
>>
>>40190221
Neither one is correct because everybody's different and what works for some might not work for all. If it helps, I prefer Alan Thrall's method, but just do whatever works for you.
>>
>>40190244
I think I prefer bar over mid-foot during setup, as I feel more stable, plus I have really tight hamstrings that I'm working on and they're not nearly so tight when the bar is mid-foot. Should help keep my lower back from rounding, like it currently can during the bottom of my squats (butt-wink, again due to tight hamstrings), right?
>>
every person has different measurements (torso, arm, leg length, etc.) so you have to find the form that works for your body type not what someone else is using
>>
>>40190262
What are you doing for your hamstrings and how much has it helped?
>>
>>40190330

Stretching the hams, quads, hip flexors, glutes, calves (ankles) and lats, 1-2 times a day, first in the morning when I wake up and then after lifting (I prefer evenings). Variety of conventional stretches and slight yoga stuff, holding for about a minute each.

Yes it's helped a shitload, but I've a ways to go.
>>
>>40190349
Thanks. I'm only just starting to loosen my muscles from bad posture and sitting too much.
>>
>>40190450

Same, years of videogames and being on my feet with no real inbetween have FUCKED my hamstrings. Don't just stretch the hams, try to stretch them and everything around them. I don't know if you have anterior/posterior hip tilt, long/short femurs, tight ankles, etc etc etc, so your needs will be different from mine, but don't just do ham stretches and forget about lunges and such.
>>
>>40190493
Yeah, I've been doing yoga with adriene's yoga camp, but I can tell that my hamstrings and hips are especially tight. Also have APT.
>>
>>40190524

Sorry, but what's APT?

Also, no matter how much I beat my head against forms and schools of thought and read books, sometimes I just can't figure some stuff out. That's when it's time to ask a friend who lifts that you trust or hire a session with a PT you trust. Why risk the injury (which I've had, and is as crippling and life-draining as it's made out to be)
>>
>>40190553
Anterior pelvic tilt. Affects people who spend a lot of time sitting down
>>
Most people try to get perfect form...if you want perfect form just squat lower and always look forward at the mirror. Squatting lower to get the bar fixes most rounded backs because retards try to reach and pick up
>>
A safe way of doing rows is to get in a deadlift stance and just rowing to your lower abs. This type of row will also have the most carryover to a real deadlift.
>>
I do mid foot, lats enaged, back neutral.

If you engage your lats it will help correct your form
>>
>>40190493
All you need to stretch out the hams is high rep RLDs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.