[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be 305 lbs last end of last august >several

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1896.png (644KB, 1398x925px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1896.png
644KB, 1398x925px
>be me
>be 305 lbs last end of last august
>several failed attempts at dieting during 2016 alone
>decide fuck it and take an 18 month, expensive gym contract in an effort to make myself change
>shit actually works
>find a program and start lifting
>lifting makes me feel extremely guilty about eating shitty food because it ruins my hard work
>actually begin counting calories and legitimately dieting alongside my exercise
>eat below 1500 calories everyday until December
>lose 50 pounds in first 2 months
>start eating slightly worse meals during the holidays due to family events and leftovers
>finish my programs start a new one that has me working out less days a week
>keep eating "slightly worse" after holidays are over
>continue working out less than before
>next two months lose only another 10 pounds
>peaked at roughly 60 pounds lost and 243 pounds was my lowest
>lowest weight I'd been since gaining it all initially

>last 2-3 weeks only going to the gym 1-2 times a week
>picked up some bad eating habits again
>started to not feel guilty for eating shitty food
>gained like 7 pounds back

I want to catch myself before I spiral back down into fat-hell. I know I've still got a long way to go, so call me a piece of shit. Call me a worthless excuse for a man. Make me hate myself so I can get back into the gym and fucking do something about it

It's so fucking easy to just ignore how guilty eating bad food makes me now. It's so easy to forget all the progress I've made when I'm savoring every bite of a disgusting greasy fast food burger

Help me save me from myself
>>
You're a wonderful human being, and no matter how fucking disgustingly obese you are, you fucking beta, who should just commit suicide if he lacks the fucking basic will to stop eating shitty food, so no matter how fucking ugly and fat you are, you will always be loved and accepted.

You don't have to lose fat. Learn to accept your body! Love yourself! Its okay to be fat! To eat seventy-three pizzas a day is alright! Its okay to kill the fucking planet because you eat all the greenery and the last ant hiding in the dirt!

Love,
Another fat guy
>>
>>40185932
Put a picture of your big fat ads on your phone while you were at your fattest

Look at it everyday

You won't go back unless you want to...
>>
mate you're not a shit human being if you got this far. remember that the hardest part is starting, don't let yourself get back to square one or you wont forgive yourself for it. try writing and sticking to a strict schedule for at least a week and see how you feel after.
>>
>>40185932
Here lies Anon
He almost made it.
RIP
>>
>>40185932

Everyone else in this thread is gonna tell you to power through, and try to motivate you to keep going, but here's a different piece of advice you won't hear very often: let yourself stall for a little bit.

This DOES NOT mean keep eating bad and letting yourself gain weight. Rather, try to just maintain your current weight for a couple months, or just lose weight very slowly. Sometimes you need to just take a break and let your body and mind adjust to the drastic changes you've made. And you just might need a break from cutting so diligently for such a long period of time.

Again though, DO NOT use this as a free pass to eat like shit, skip workouts, or gain back weight. Use it as an opportunity to regroup yourself before you go back to really pushing yourself.

You were really fucking fat. You're still really fucking fat. But you made a ton of progress, and you're getting burned out from it. Don't let your dedication to your goals be an obstacle in actually achieving those goals.
>>
>>40185994
Can't tell if this was meant to be a fat acceptance or shaming post.. t-thanks?
>>40185997
Normally I'd I'm too ashamed to put a picture of my fattest self as my background but at this point a little more shame might be what I need, I'll try it out
>>40186012
I keep telling myself I'll do that. Every bad meal comes with an hour of shame before I just turn my brain off, block it all out, binge the fat back into ass, and then let the shame seep back in after I've eaten. And every time I tell myself "that was it, I'm going back to it tonight," then when it comes time to go to the gym I've got a million excuses why it's okay to miss and I'll pick back up tomorrow

I've made myself go on some of those nights where I try to reason not to, and I always feel great afterwards. I'm just losing my self control. The basic kind of self control a fucking 12 year old should know.

I don't want anyone to tell me, "you've done great, just keep it up!" Or, "you're not worthless, no matter what size!" Or anything like that. I need someone to slap some fucking sense into me and tell me I'm fucking up big. I'm wasting all my progress. I need some shame instilled in me because all the shame I feel myself isn't cutting deep enough
>>
>>40186121
Honestly I made this thread thinking the only thing that'd get to me would be shame and harsh words. The last thing I wanted was kind words of encouragement. Understanding was the last thing I expected to see. I appreciate your post, anon. I think I'm just used to the black and white nature of this board. Praise or shame.

I absolutely think you hit the nail on the head, but do you think I should keep stalling? 1-2 months ago I WAS feeling really burned out, but now I'm dying to get back into the gym. I miss the progress, I miss the dedication and the discipline. I'm just kind of in a state of limbo where I can feel myself slowly slipping past the event horizon of losing all my progress. I think maybe I'm just not seeing straight. I don't know if I should continue a monitored break or if I should try to get back into it
>>
>>40186121
I think I've decided what I'm going to do.

I think the knowledge that having lost 60 lbs means I was only halfway done was very daunting. Knowing that I've come so far but the last half of the journey was going to be much harder and take a much longer time was very discouraging even if it never consciously occurred to me.

What I'm going to do is instead of keeping this "half-way there to the 120 pound weight loss finish line" mindset that I'm in, make the finish line at 235 pounds instead of 185. Take that break you mentioned and let myself become accustomed to my weight loss without sabotaging it. Then after a couple months of maintaining. I can begin my second race with a finish line of 185. Then I can start the eternal marathon of bodybuilding.

I've still got 1-1.5 months left on my current program. I know I can muster the motivation to see it through if I look at that as my temporary stopping point. I should hit 235 by then

Thank you for your wisdom, anon. Whenever I make it it'll be because of you
>>
>>40186409
Don't move your finish line. Move your starting line. The past is the past, forget the weight you've lost because that battle is already over, and focus on the weight you still need to lose.

Don't rest on your laurels.

That being said, taking a break for a week or so every few months does help, and allows your body to adapt. But don't start shoveling shit in your mouth, just maintain.

tl;dr
focus on the road ahead, not the road behind.

fatty
>>
>>40185932
It's not hard the eat healthy you excuse making peace of shit. You don't even deserve to be fit. Nice try though loser. Except your life as a NEET and go back to /b/.
>>
>>40186517
When did I say it was hard to eat healthy?

>except
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>40186461
Thanks, anon. You're wise beyond your presumed years. I'll take what you've said to heart
>>
>>40186409

Glad I could help. That itching desire to get back to the gym that you mentioned in your first response is exactly why taking a break works. All you have to do is make sure you don't undo the progress you've already made, and eventually the urge to push on will just come back to you naturally.

We'll be rooting for ya buddy.
>>
>>40186461

This guy wasn't me, btw, only these were:

>>40186121
>>40187608
>>
File: #1 best motivation.png (166KB, 300x715px) Image search: [Google]
#1 best motivation.png
166KB, 300x715px
>>40185932
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.