[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed while deadlifting some guy was using a belt (and terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: a belt.jpg (17KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
a belt.jpg
17KB, 600x400px
I noticed while deadlifting some guy was using a belt (and terrible curled lumbar form) to DL about 2.5plaet
Seeing as I can do 3plaet with no belt/straps/anything and I think it's nothing special, is there an objective weight you should aim for before using assistance equipment?
>>
Form is way easier using a belt
Risk of injurz is way lower
There is literally no reason to lift without a belt besides cirxlejerking on the internet and muuuh purfect form
>>
Rips says that u can use a belt on every working set, no matter the weight
>>
you should start wearing a belt when you've learned proper form and the weight starts to be challenging. a belt is a training tool that makes you stronger more efficiently. you can get very strong without ever wearing a belt, but with the same time and effort spent you would be even stronger if you had used a belt during that time. and yes, even your beltless deadlift would be stronger if you trained with a belt during that time.
>>
File: diddly 250.webm (442KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
diddly 250.webm
442KB, 202x360px
I deadlift over 6pl8 without ever having used a belt. (video is obviously not that but its all i have as near proof)

Anon above is wrong, risk of injury is no different with a belt.
If your form is bad, the belt won't stop you getting hurt. If your form is good, your risk of injury is not worth worrying about.

Yes a belt can help hold good form, but that means nothing, whats important is knowing when your form is slipping and when its time to give up on a rep. If you're overconfident and push yourself past the point of safe form, a belt will just mean you're doing that with a little more weight than without a belt..

Belts are not necessary ever. They do help you lift more weight though.
>>
>>40178134
Why do you hold the top of the lift for so long?
>>
>>40178069
>Form is way easier using a belt
Wrong.
>Risk of injurz is way lower
Wrong.

OP, unless you compete, it literally doesn't matter if you use a belt or not.
>>
>>40178044
If you're gonna use a belt, please get a proper powerlifting belt. Tapered belts are garbage.
>>
>>40178044

I had a discussion a while back into ab growth/strength while wearing a belt.

The argument is with the belt on your core/abs are working at all times to prevent themselves from being pushed in, so it's effectively good for your core because you're bracing against it even after the exercise.
>>
Belts let you move more weight. If you're just training for general strength aka not competing there's no reason to use one
>>
>>40178759
no op but it feels fun to do that and gives a nice pump
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Belt helps reduce the width increase of your waist when doing deadlifts in particular, but also squats.

Biggest reason for using one, for me.
>>
Med student here, the belt helps to maintain intra-abdominal pressure so you don't pop a hernia due to the strain. Strictly speaking, it doesn't HELP you lift, it's there to squeeze you so nothing pops out. Wear one whenever an exercise requires you to strain as hard as those compounds do, at any working weight.
>>
>>40178884
>Preventing abdominal expansion to maintain intra-abdominal pressure

That doesn't make sense, senpai. If volume increases within the abdomen, then to maintain the same pressure the volume of the abdomen would also have to increase. If anything, restricting expansion would raise the pressure in the abdomen.
>>
>>40178999
Dude, everyone knows weight lifting belts HELP you lift weights.
Even when they outright say they need the belt to lift more weight they will continue to say that it did not help them in any way.
That mindset is pushed to protect the egos of certain people that's all.
>>
>>40178861
Horse shit, shut up, go away.
>>
>>40179022
Hey man, I'm not arguing that belts don't help people lift more, I'm just saying that whole lower intra-abdominal pressure thing doesn't make sense. I don't know how they help, but I know that decreasing pressure is not it.
>>
>>40178044
I DL 5+ plates and I use a belt for every set of deads, rows and squats.
>>
>>40178134
How much can you deadlift without the straps? Straps literally do the same thing as a belt; helping you lift more weight when you normally couldnt have.
>>
>>40179104

The large load from the weight increases the pressure. Normally your abdomen would expand, lowering the pressure. The belt keeps everything in place thus maintaining the high pressure.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.