[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I want to start power-lifting >I also want to cut down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: cake2.jpg (74KB, 634x467px) Image search: [Google]
cake2.jpg
74KB, 634x467px
>I want to start power-lifting
>I also want to cut down to 12% or so bodyfat
>I am currently 20% bodyfat

Is what I want to do even possible? I'm starting powerlifting next monday, no more bro-splits and meme isolations. Going all in on power-lifting as so far as the gym goes.

But can I even do this while starting at 20% bodyfat with the goal of wanting to go down to 12% bodyfat? Would it be pointless to start my powerlifting now if I want to drop bodyfat or what?
>>
>>40177441

too blatant, the cake photo just seals the deal

uh, you're a powerlifter, i'd say just bulk, you'll look "strong" and "big" and "good" and "attractive"
>>
>>40177441
>>
>>40177471
I want to cut down to 12% for health reasons.

Being at 20% (permabulking for awhile) is uncomfortable, I just don't feel good, not only for vanity reasons, I legit just don't feel healthy at this bf%.

I want to be a 10-12% bodyfat powerlifting that actually has a respectable weight to lifts ratio, then maybe I could perhaps compete in local meets at weight class where I fit well into at 10-12% bodyfat.

I'm not talking about becoming a meme powerlifter at 40% bodyfat.
>>
>>40177563
I'm just super confused at what you're asking?? If that's what you want to do, then do it. The fuck.
>>
>>40177573

He wants to convicne himself that he is capable of eating less food.

He is not. He will always be soft, fluffy, and disgusting

>>40177441

>powerlifting

even after decades of roids and single digit bf % you will never be asthetic and have a proportional physique
>>
>>40177606
I gave up on aesthetics awhile ago.

I just want to be low bodyfat for health reasons, and stick to strictly powerlifting for strength progression goals.

I have wide hips and Im a manlet, I can't be aesthetic even if mega dosed gear.
>>
>>40177617
>strength progression goals.
Are you an athlete or construction worker?
>>
This just in you can be lean while still being strong.
>>
>>40177632
I enjoy lifting weights. I have a power-rack at home and 600lbs of plates.

I feel like you're projecting your own thoughts onto me. You would quit if you stopped lifting on your bro-split or something because you lift for purely vanity reasons? That's what I feel like you're trying to say here.
>>
>>40177648
I understand that. I even said that one of my posts (of wanting to compete in the future in a weight class that has me sitting around 10-12% bodyfat)

My question is can I start my strength goals right now, from day 1, without taking on a huge surplus for the next 3 months or so, like what would be normally recommended to people who are just starting powerlifting.
>>
>>40177668

If you're a novice you can make strength gains while losing bodyfat when eating at a slight defecit.

If not you're screwed.
>>
>>40177441

cutting to 12% should have involve no drop in strength whatsoever. If you have babbylifts you'll probably make good gains, actually. Make sure you eat something before you lift and you're g2g
>>
>>40177679
Definitely not novice, been on a brosplit for 4 years. Noob gains ended like 3.5 years ago.
>>
>>40177656
No I lift because I play rugby... If I didn't then yeah of course I would just lift to look better assuming good health was a given

>self improvement=vanity
>this is what fit mouthbreathers will actually have you believe
>>
>>40177726
Well I am probably going to be joining the police force soon, so having 10-12% bf for cardio fitness and power-lifting for strength/power is definitely a plus. (I have power-cleans in routine, following rips advice)
>>
>>40177747
That's a good enough reason but you better join faggot
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.