[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the power clean worth doing if I'm self teaching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0242.jpg (281KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0242.jpg
281KB, 1080x1349px
Is the power clean worth doing if I'm self teaching using the SS book?
>>
>>40167444
No. in fact, all parts of the program are optional. Just do the parts you like.
>>
>>40167444
>>40167453 this. I wasn't even benching for the duration of the programme.
>>
>>40167453
>>40167521
This, you don't even have to to do the program just do some push ups
>>
Can't tell if I'm being meme'd

I just want to do the program properly.

I've been lifting for several year but I'm weak as fuck because I never used barbells , only machines. Wanting to get strong with barbells now, hence why I'm starting with SS.
>>
>>40167607
>I want to do the problem properly
>I've just started and am already looking for ways to cheat
>>
>>40167607
So you're new to lifting. Read the sticky.
>>
>>40167607
You Canada learn the powerclean ypurself. It requires discipline and a lot og video analysis. Theres and app wich can track your barpath.
>>
>>40167444
>Is the power clean worth doing if I'm self teaching using the SS book
why don't you start by reading the book?
>>
>>40167607
Programs are mostly designed by people who understand the topic. Seeing that you are not experienced in the field, it's logical not to alter the program yourself.

That being said, just google stronglifts 5x5. It revolves around the big three and rows are used as a back exercise/secondary floor pull instead of cleans.
>>
>>40167444
>Is the power clean worth doing if I'm self teaching using the SS book?
Yes. It's actually easier than some of the other exercises. The squat in particular is quite tricky to get right. The ONLY reason people don't do power cleans is that they're cowards. It's a great, useful exercise and not particularly hard to learn, but people are terrified of it anyway.
>>
>>40167715
I'm not even afraid of it, I just don't want to start doing it wrong and be cleaning 80-100kg incorrectly in the future.
>>
>>40167673
>That being said, just google stronglifts 5x5. It revolves around the big three and rows are used as a back exercise/secondary floor pull instead of cleans.
it doesn't matter how much googling you do or how many alternative programs you find, rows are not an alternative to cleans.
>>
Power cleans are a meme. I've never seen a single person doing them ever.
>>
>>40167738
>I'm not even afraid of it, I just don't want to start doing it wrong and be cleaning 80-100kg incorrectly in the future.
that's the thing. it's not any more difficult than the other exercises to learn. they all have some potential for injury, but you're way more likely to be injured from benching or squatting than power cleaning. yet nobody says "yeah, I don't want to bench because I'm worried about doing it wrong and getting injured in the future". usually people can't wait to get under the bar, add way more weight than they can handle and fuck themselves up on the bench press, but they won't even try to clean an empty barbell.
>>
>>40167741
Never said that.

But not doing them is an alternative approach.
>>
File: 1484528242283.jpg (263KB, 764x551px)
1484528242283.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>40167444
Replace them with zercher squats, if possible replace the whole program with zercher squats
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.