[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible that I'm gaining muscle weight as fast as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: menher.jpg (29KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
menher.jpg
29KB, 540x540px
Is it possible that I'm gaining muscle weight as fast as I'm losing fat weight? I'm 6 ft tall 180 lbs. Started going to the gym 4 days a week 1 month ago. I run about 2 miles (previous running experience), sometimes I get on the bike machine, and do curls and lat extensions just to start a muscle base in my arms. I burn around 200 calories a day at the gym.

I consume 1200-1600 calories a day. I've been on this diet for a few months now. Started off at 207 lbs.

I have been hovering at 180 for around a month. Sometimes I'll drop to as low as 176 but go back up.

I'll have a cheat day maybe once every 2 - 3 weeks.

Why aren't I losing 2lbs a week? Am I really putting on leg muscle/arm muscle at the same rate I'm losing fat weight?

Getting a little discouraged here...
>>
>>40167272
Your cheat days are what's doing it.

Cut them out, or up the intensity of your workout.

It's not possible to consistently gain 2 lbs of lean muscle a week. Unless you're on some very good gear, which if that's the case, start selling and make a fortune.
>>
File: wtfg.jpg (4KB, 110x110px) Image search: [Google]
wtfg.jpg
4KB, 110x110px
>>40167601
Can one cheat day, once a week really slow down your progress that much? To be fair when I cheat, I cheat HARD... as much terrible food as I can stomach. Probably 5k calories stuffed into a day no exaggeration.
>>
>>40167759
One pound of fat lost is 3500 calories.
If you eat at a deficit of 1k a day, it will take ~3-4 days to lose 1lb of fat.
A cheat day where you eat 3.5k calories over means you gain a pound of fat.
>>
>>40167759
> Probably 5k calories stuffed into a day no exaggeration.
> 5k calories

Nigga WHAT. Recovering fattie here. On a 1000 deficit, so i sit at 1700 a day give or take. My cheat days are like 2500 or something and that's when I let myself go. How the fuck is you eating 5k?
>>
File: 1111.jpg (131KB, 766x766px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
131KB, 766x766px
>>40167811
Get off work, go to the store. Get a tub of icecream (the breyers gellato with peanut butter). The big one. I can eat that in 1 sitting. Grab a pack of oreos and maybe some donuts. Stop at Sonic on the way home from the store. Grab a Double with cheese extra mayo, Jalapeno poppers, and a large pb milkshake. Eat all the Sonic immediately. Get home and eat maybe 3 donuts... Go to sleep feeling very full, almost sick. Wake up and get coffee. Eat entire tub of PB gellato with my coffee. I then eat nothing but donuts and oreos for the remainder of the day. For dinner that evening I'll go get 24 chicken wings, and some spin dip from this great resturaunt in town. Eat all that. Leave nothing I bought uneaten. I will be in physical pain for the rest of the day and following day.

I cheat big. Maybe I need to stop.
>>
>>40167934
thats how its done!
I smoke a joint and eat, oreo milka big one, with 2 bags of haribo candy. then some chocolate chip cookies whole pack. for sidedish theres chicken breast with noodles and cooking cream. and does stop there. Depends how much weed there is and how bad my whole body feels from all the candy. i can stuff down some more chips or flips...

cheat big or dont cheat at all :D
>>
>>40167272
>gaining muscle
>I consume 1200-1600 calories a day
ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER
>>
>>40168023
I'm almost completely new to lifting. I'm definitely getting stronger while running a deficit About a year ago I was eating 1200 a day 7 days a week and my bench went from 135 to 180.
>>
>>40167784
When you put it like that, I guess it makes it a little more scary. I was sort of under the impression that there is only so much damage you can do in 1 day. Like I didn't think my body could even metabolize that much shit in 24 hours (like I don't even take in a lot of the calories after a certain point). But when you say I can literally gain a pound of fat from ONE fucking day....it's not worth it. I work hard 6 days a week and fuck myself for 24 hours of hoggery.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.