[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I encourage my gf to work out with me? She avoids doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (103KB, 728x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 728x450px
How do I encourage my gf to work out with me?
She avoids doing prolonged out door activities because she's ginger, which I kinda agree with because she gets burned really easily. So I wanna motivate her to go to the gym but the last time I brought it up, she thought I was saying she's fat and nearly cried.
>>
>>40161343
make her feel insecure. She will either work out, or cheat on you with a DYEL that doesn't intimidate her as much.
>>
>>40161343
Tell me how to get a gf then i will help you?
>>
>>40161630
Nah that's really mean and would be counter productive
>>40161661
Your goal shouldn't be to get a gf. You need to meet someone you want to make your gf.
>>
>>40161718
if you can't confront your gf about her weight, then dump her.
>>
Invite her to start indoor sports.

Bf in hs started me on tennis. 8 years later, he's gone, but tennis is forever.
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (152KB, 835x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
152KB, 835x1024px
>>40161343
"Hey bitch you're starting to look fat as fuck you need to hit the gym and lose some weight before I leave your fat ass for someone better."
>>
>>40161630
>make her feel insecure
Some top quality relationship advice from /fit/

Keep it coming
>>
>>40161736
Interesting. I can only think of tennis and squash. What else is there?
>>40161727
>>40161758
She's not fat, just lazy and getting kind of doughy
>>
>>40161343
Get a m8 to "accidentally" take pictures of you helping some hotty at the gym.

Then get him to tag you on facebook or something without mentioning said hotty, let your gf woman instincts do the rest.
>>
>>40161718
>You need to meet someone you want to make your gf.

But last time i done that i was arrested for kidnapping.
>>
>>40161343
Tell her you recently started working out and meditating, yoga, and drinking tea to start off your days, and ever since then you have been really happy and "just feels right". (Women have to add a bunch of ethnic crap in there to stay interested) Say you really want her to try this because it would be a cool way to spend some time together. I hope you two work at decent hours so this is actually doable.
>>
>>40161797
Risky
>>40161884
I think she would be interested in yoga but I would have to do it too, and idk if I have time to spare.
>>
>>40161343
Bring it up that you want her to give your hobby a try
>>
>>40161343
>Gets burned
Sunscreen muh man, plus she could tan up a bit (no leathery ick) and then it wouldn't be such a problem. Truth is it sounds like she has every excuse under the sun (pun intended) to not be active with you. Don't do passive aggressive female tier shit just tell her like it is. Say lifting and leading a healthy lifestyle is your lifestyle and that a mature relationship means sharing lifestyles with your partner and that you are willing to share in aspects of hers if she shares yours. If she isn't willing to share lifestyles then maybe it's time we find partners who are because that will make us both happiest. We're not bad people I still like as a person but I need to be in a relationship where goals and aspirations are shared endeavors.
>>
>>40161343
I started watching my 600lb life with my wife. She's down 12lbs in the weeks and looking at gym memberships now. She has another 18lbs to hit her new goal weight.
>>
>>40161343
what is "sunscreen"
>>
>>40162100
>>40162521
Lol that stuff doesn't work on her, trust me. She turns super red within 30 minutes of being in the sun
>>
push the ideas of spending time together doing the activity. if you try and make it about health and shit she will probably be farsighted with the whole idea. what you need is for her to get emotionally attached to the idea of exercising on her own, so you are actually indirectly a cause for her change of heart.

if she isn't fat just lazy, she's probably skinny-fat. who else can i compare this to. taylor swift?

your gf is in all probability not healthy. did she play any sports? if so what, when, and for how long?

what kind of work does she do? is she walking around all day?
>>
>>40162660
that literally is impossible
buy some 110 spf sunscreen and tell me she gets burnt at all
>>
>>40162784
she is allergic to zinc and aluminum.
>>
>>40162788
that isn't the same as "doesn't work on her"
physical sunscreens don't cause allergic reactions btw
>>
>>40162660
Get the cancer causing shit. Is not available outside of nz I don't think though. Spf50 ftw.
>>
>>40162788
what ever happened to exercising indoors?
>>
what worked for me is figuring out all of the details for her. determining a routine, understanding the nuances of it, setting up the schedule, and teaching her all the workouts. and then helping her through her workouts the first couple dozen times or so. my girl, and maybe a lot of girls, just fucking suck at self-motivating mundane detailed shit like that so I just said fuck it and did it for her. helped her with logging everything, and getting her excited about progressing and measurably improving each time. then she gradually gained confidence and started going by herself once in while when I was busy. and afterwards she would tell me about it and I would be so proud and slap her ass and mention how amazing she is looking. now she loves it.
>>
>>40162788
>allergic to zinc and aluminum
but clearly not allergic to excuses
>>
>>40163069
owned
>>
What state do you live in OP?
>>
>>40163274
deep south. dem white girls out here be clappin, but when they're 40 won't be laughin.
>>
>>40161718
>Nah that's really mean and would be counter productive
they are not your fucking friend
>>
>>40163373
we don't know op's situation with his gf entirely. this could indeed push her to give up and find another guy who she knows she can easily get it in with
>>
>>40161779
Raquetball, basketball, volleyball, dodgeball (you'd be surprised how often people just join in for dodgeball at the gym), wallball.

There're also some non-standard things I like to do, like wrestling in the kiddie pool, wrestling in the MMA room, climbing wall races, group jumprope, road tag, etc.

Exercise can be a game. And it's more important to actually get the person to the gym than to encourage them to lift, because if you go to the gym together, have fun together for an hour doing tag or whatever, and then stay for another two hours, your SO is gonna do one of two things - call a friend to bring her home or find something to do. I dunno if I've had good luck with men or what though but of the six men that I've dated, two went to the gym of their own accord and four went to the gym because I tricked them into liking it.
>>
>>40161343
To get her in the gym she has to be will have to be the one who realizes she's a cow, or she'll soon quit the gym cause you "forced" her to go or she'll overreact on you like the last time you brought it up. However, if she does come to you with the desire to go to the gym, offer to help her and be there for her cause she may be nervous as shit about it.

What helped me was the fact that I was becoming a little moo-cow, and my boyfriend was completely willing and well-equipped to train me. So I got us a "premium" membership to the meme gym so he could go for free and now we get to spend time together doing something he loves to do, and I get my goal body.
>>
>>40161343
OP its best to not bring your gf to the gym.

She will most likely be a distraction.

Example my gf is 5'3, 107 pounds. Didn't really need to hit the gym but she was out of shape after high school and we wanted to do more things together.

Long story short she thought some of the workouts were silly looking and would giggle, such as front raises because they resembled Nazi saluting.
>>
>>40163722
>such as front raises because they resembled nazi saluting

but they do?
>>
>>40161343
You could try a form of reverse psychology in that you can make the premise that you would like her to come along to give you support to go to the gym, or say you think you've been getting out of shape and would like to have to be with you at the gym.

But like others say, you may need to make sure the activity is fun and enjoyable to do. MY sister was very adamant about not going for a long while, but after hitting the gym myself, and then getting some other friends and her husband to go as well, she ends up going just as often.

Had to make sure to be almost like a secondary personal trainer to help get her up to speed.
>>
>>40161343
>Gains Vampire- a deviant of the gains goblins, they are weak to sunlight, but will suck the gains and willpower from you.
>>
>>40162788
Lol this was not my reply. She's just extremely pale and freckled.
>>40163274
Cali
>>40163065
This is very good advice, Idk if I can get her excited about it tho.
>>40163698
Like I said she's not fat just lazy

I think the best course of action is to get her to play solo sports with me
>>40163696
Like these, and then get her to start working out. Maybe Yoga will help too.
Thanks for the advice all.
>>
Tell her about all the girls in the gym mirin you. That will get her ass there
>>
>>40162100
>>40162521
I too own a ginger gf (it is my charitable contribution to society. I can confirm they burn horrifically quickly regardless of cream applied. They don't tan and just go freckly (I don't mind it but she does).
>>
>>40165128
Close bracket
>>
>>40161343
Just tell her you think she's getting out of shape and you'd like it if she joined you in getting fit. If she cries tell her to get the fuck over it because you're adults and if you can't speak frankly about something this minor the relationship is built on eggshells and would never work longterm anyway.
>>
The more I work out, the more my gf wants to work out too because it makes her feel inferior/like I am going out of her league
>>
>>40165099
100% this.
Fuel her insecurities
>>
>>40162784
My gf is a ginger too and she can get a sunburn at 11 am by staying litteraly 15 minutes in the sunlight. Most sunscreens don't do shit on her. Must be a vampire or something
>>
>>40161343
Suggest that working out will improve her stamina and the sex will be amazing ? If she doesn't let you do all the work in bed it may be worth it
>>
>>40161343
move to alaska
>>
>>40163722
>such as front raises
never thought about it this way.
wow reconfirmed that most relationships consist of the guy taking care of the girl. how does she not care about the seriousness of becoming healthier.
>>
>>40166128
same for me in past relationships.thing is i never pressured them or suggested anything. they realize i am about myself when it comes to working out and over time they realize more and more how much of a positive change it has had in my life and they end up convincing themselves to workout.

if you have a gf who you want to workout with you but doesn't want to, maybe she just needs to see you as an example of someone who has become better because of working out to begin with. without telling her to do things at all.

>monkey see monkey do
>>
>>40161343
her almost crying is her way of controlling you. tell her to get moving or get the fuck out.
>>
>>40161343
Tell her you'll eat all her pets.
>>
With all these excuses, your GF sounds like a real pain in the ass. Try finding a new GF.

I dumped a girl for being gluten free. Fuck her and her weirdo pizza dough, man. Life is too short.
>>
I hated exercise but now I go to the gym regularly with my BF. Some things that got me interested...

Before I started exercising, I was in to eating clean and healthy. I've been gardening a few years because I know how important food quality is. Figured, I don't like exercise so I better just eat healthy.

Then I got a job with some physical labor involved. My zero muscle body gained a bit of tone and definition from having to lift stuff at work. I started to notice my nooby gains and my BF would point things out to me. i.e. "I swear your ass is getting firmer" or when I'm pulling my hair back to tie it up "Oh I just saw the muscles in your arm pop! Looks sexy!"

He started working out more doing P90X at his house. I have asthma so I didn't want to join in the high intensity routines, but we started doing yoga and recovery routines together.

He had a few freeweights at his house. I started doing curls, goblet squats, lunges, and simple things like that. Once I discovered lifting does not bother my asthma, something clicked. I hated exercise my whole life because I'd get wheezy very easily but the slow controlled movement in yoga and lifting never bothered it.

I was the first one to sign up for a gym membership. I started going 3-4 times a week, and within a few weeks, he signed up too. Now we go together and do our routines, sometimes helping out, sometimes going our own way, then we meet up and go for a swim when we're done. It's nice.

I think she's gotta find value in health and exercise first, then she'll want to go. Hope it works out.
>>
File: 1483177237300.jpg (27KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1483177237300.jpg
27KB, 500x379px
>>40161779
Badminton, badminton is based
>>
>>40161779
If you do tennis be forewarned, tennis against unathletic beginners is the most frustrating experience in the world
>>
>>40164528
Underrated post.
>>
>>40168489
looks like a ginger Justin Trudeau.
>>
>>40162784
spf is how many times it increases how long you can be in the sun without burning. If you burn after 30 seconds in the sun, then spf 110 is going to get you a whopping 55 minutes before you are crispy fried.
>>
>>40161343
Why waste your time encouraging her? Start cheating on her instead.
>>
>>40161343
>not wanting to keep your girl at home
You're a fucking cuck op arent you?
>>
>>40161343
Find a girlfriend who won't burst into flames in the sunlight
>>
>>40161343
tell her no sex until she starts working out
>>
>>40161343
She sounds like she might be a lost cause. Try talking to her again about it. Explain your thoughts from as neutral a standpoint as possible. She'll probably cry more and get upset - who wouldn't? - but if she's actually committed to change, she'll get over herself and join. Some people take a lot of work but if you know she knows how to learn and adapt in her other hobbies/jobs, she'll be able to do so here. God speed anon. It took two years to finally get mine to workout regularly.
>>
>>40161343
Is your name Matt?
>>
>>40172327
No it's not. Is your friend having troubles with his gf too?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.