[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /fit I'm currently doing SS and enjoying it. My lifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0693.jpg (133KB, 1493x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0693.jpg
133KB, 1493x1000px
Ok /fit I'm currently doing SS and enjoying it. My lifts are

Squat 120kg 3x5
Deadlift 135kg 1x5
Bench 80kg 3x5
Press 55kg 3x5

Problem is that I need to get my 1.5 mile run time down to 9 Minutes for PRAC but I want to continue making strength gains. Is there a routine you know of that can accommodate both?
>>
>>40158184
just run on off days mate
>>
Continue with both but eat bigger
>>
Won't that fuck up my recovery? Running and squatting 3 times a week?
>>
>>40158332
Muscular endurance is a far more important soldierly quality than your lifts.
>>
>>40158367
Granted but I'd still like to have a good level of strength alongside that
>>
>>40158184
for how long have you been doin ss
>>
>>40158434
Less than a month
>>
So just to clarify I'm looking for a routine to make strength gains and run 3 times a week
>>
>>40158554
then how the hell do you lift thoe numbers
what have you been doing before
>>
>>40158626
You're gonna have to run almost every day if you want to improve your runtime.
>>
>>40158626
SS is the best option then. Maybe do light front squats on diddly days, or just do squats only twice a week
>>
Look into those crossfitty military athlete programs.
>>
I've given up on fit, you used to get some god tier advice I'm a thread like this, lazy fucking neck beards. There's gotta be someone with experience in this training
>>
>>40158882
I don't really get what the question is. You just need to lift as well as run. You can keep doing SS, just eat more to compensate and be aware you will start to stall sooner.
>>
Bumping for interest.

What do you think it's the best way to mix cardio with SS?

* Add a bit of cardio at the start of each SS training day
* Add a bit of cardio at the end of each SS training day
* Instead of 3 SS days a week, do 3 SS days and 2 cardio days
* Instead of 3 SS days a week, do 2 SS days and 1 cardio day
>>
>>40159019
Cardio on two or three separate days, depending on your current fitness levels.
>>
>>40158184

I do a modified Texas Method.

On mondays I do 3RM squat and cleans, with intervals on the afternoon/evening).

On wednesdays I do 3RM diddly and explosive squats, ruck run on the evening.

On fridays I do volume for squat and diddly, longer run with fartleks mixed in on the evening.

I also do light running on tuesdays and thursdays (actually I do skiing now that there is snow on the ground) and swimming on both days.

Stats 2,5/3/4,5 on BP/BS/DL and my run time varies beetween 12:00-13:00 on two mile.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.