[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Me mum occasionally brings up the desire to lose some weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170126-070547 copy.jpg (578KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170126-070547 copy.jpg
578KB, 1440x2560px
>Me mum occasionally brings up the desire to lose some weight and wonders about random fad diets.
>I always bring up calories-in-calories-out as a totally reasonable way to lose some weight.
>Mom starts talking about going keto.
>"please mom, just get MFP and just *track* your calories"
>Mom says she's going to lose 9 lbs in 5 weeks.
>wtf?
>Friend mom
Pic related.
>>
>>40156905

Most woman need constant validation and reassurance to attempt anything. MFP is pretty solo. The forum community is shit. You're gonna have to hold her hand and squeeze the fuck out of it to get her on the right track. If you actually care, do it.
>>
>me mum

Why are you trying to sound British when you aren't you sad cunt
>>
>>40157101

Fuckin' lol.
>>
>>40156905
but she's right, you idiot. keto is a better way to lose fat.
>>
>>40156905
Good for her!
>>
Continue only clicking like on the things that are actually good.

Pavlov needs his bell.
>>
>>40157144
"Yeah bro it's way easier to lose weight when you substitute your energy source with something 9cal/g instead of something for 4cal/g"

Keto is for tough fat that's hard to lose on a normal diet of calincalout.
Not for fat that's ez to shed with a normal diet, you feel miserable from ketosis the first couple days and your lifts suffer because of lack of energy

I Lost 10lbs of fat in a month on normal diet nearly no strength loss
Only lost 5lbs of fat on keto in a month, lost 10lbs off my bench, and my workouts were cut short from lack of energy

Keto's expensive af too.

(I absolutely love meat so I did enjoy eating on keto)

But if you're not a shitty cook and know how to put a spice on food normal diets taste fine if not great
>>
File: c.jpg (88KB, 582x359px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
88KB, 582x359px
>>40156905
>making tiny holes in dirt with a tiny shovel
What is this, cardio for ants? No way that burned nearly 500 calories.

Not bashing, anything is better than nothing but dear fucking god no way that burned 500cal/hr
>>
While we are talking about mfp

Does planking as a 115kg guy really burn 200 calories a minute or is it a scam?

t. guy whos losing weight with mfp
>>
>>40157410

lol, what do u htink
>>
>>40157440
I'm guessing its more like maybe 20 calories? Really new to this shit
>>
>>40157291
>"Yeah bro it's way easier to lose weight when you substitute your energy source with something 9cal/g instead of something for 4cal/g"

Do you know how insulin works?

>Keto is for tough fat that's hard to lose on a normal diet of calincalout.

"No"

>your lifts suffer because of lack of energy

Yeah I'm sure OP's fat mum would hate to see her squat numbers go down
>>
>>40157220
I know man. I know.

>>40157324
Exactly. Now I need to figure out some way to be supportive about the exercise but also explain that it doesn't burn nearly the calories MFP says it does.
>>
>>40157514
>>40157514
Explain it like only count the time that she's actively digging hard and pause it between
>>
>>40157458
True his mum probably won't care but she won't have as much energy for cardio, her muscles will flatten and make her fat more apparent, and for fat people, no results in a week = quit.
Also fat people can't stand hunger for the first few weeks of a diet and without carbs you can't get fiber, so they won't get full as well, AND fat people love sweets which are nothing but carbs.
Also since keto is expensive the cheaper fats for energy and fats that don't taste bad to fatties usually have saturated fat and cholesterol
>>
>>40157291

Keto is really good but in terms of using it to lose weight it's the same as any other diet and the only thing that matters is cal in vs out. I think the bro science version of keto is dangerous and probably the reason everyone thinks it's a meme diet. But if you do your research and read the book by Lyle McDonald it's a great diet.

I've been on keto for 6 months simply because I really like the food and how it makes me feel. I'm generally full all the time so the 9cal/g vs 4cal/g doesn't make a difference because you're eating less over all. The problem is keto affects people differently it's more of lifestyle choice than a way to lose weight, with the only advantage of using it to lose weight is the protein sparring effect it has.

One thing that keto is really good for is endurance, I'm almost never out of breath after a long cardio session as opposed to when I'm on carbs.
>>
>>40157835

>she won't have as much energy for cardio

Keto actually gives you more energy for endurance and you can do tkd or CKD for lifting if you don't have enough energy

>without carbs you can't get fiber
Fiber doesn't count as carbs the only thing that matters is net carbs. Also keto isn't 0 carb it's low carb with the upper limit being a little under 100 grams a day

>keto is expensive the cheaper fats for energy and fats that don't taste bad to fatties usually have saturated fat and cholesterol

Kek he bought the saturated fats and cholesterol are bad for you meme.
I bought a big ass tub of coconut oil and a big bag of chicken thighs for like $20 CAD which lasts me a week and a half. Bacon and eggs for next to nothing and a big bag of almonds that lasts 3 weeks. Yet somehow my HDL is 180 LDL is 68 and triglycerides at 63. Keto has its cons but at least do the minimal research you need to learn why you cuck
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.