[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Hey /fit/, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been lifting for a few months now, and despite eating what I feel like it a lot every day, I'm still at approximately the same weight and same level of strength as I was a few months ago. I was wondering if you could tell me if there's anything wrong with my diet/what I should change.

My stats:
>6'4"
>180 lbs
>20 years old
>doing modified SS with rows instead of cleans
>squat: 205 lbs
>bench 145 lbs
>OHP: 95 lbs
>diddly: 220 lbs
>row: 130 lbs

My Diet:
- Breakfast:
>a protein shake with while milk
or
>a Jimmy Dean's bacon and egg breakfast bowl on workout mornings
>a shake after the workout with some oats mixed in

- Lunch:
>a bagel with 3 slices of Turkey, 3 slices of chicken, and a slice of cheese
>a cup of yogurt
>a packet of tuna with mayo mixed in
>a clif builder's bar (Pls no bully)

Dinner (pic related):
>chicken breast
>broccoli
>brown rice
>black beans

Snacks:
>some ramen with an egg in it
>a spoon or two of peanut butter before bed

So there's my diet, which I eat pretty consistently. Is there anything I should be adding? I only started it somewhat recently, so should it take some time to kick in? Also, bulking general/bulking tips thread, since
>inb4 "read the sticky"
>>
Just eat more, Einstein.
>>
>>40144717
>despite eating what I feel like it a lot every day
>I'm still at approximately the same weight and same level of strength as I was a few months ago

I mean you practically spelled the problem and solution out by yourself. What do you need us for?
>>
>>40144780
We'll what more should I be eating? My TDEE basically says I should be eating a whole other fucking meal or two, but I don't have the time for that. So what are some snacks I can carry around an eat between classes and shit? Or what do you guys do for easy calories?
>>
>>40144717
stop eye gauging calories and start weighting and tracking your food. buy a table scale and start using cronometer or MFP website. weight yourself weekly and adjust calories as you gain weight. it's simple.

if you have trouble eating your calories then drink them. that's what i do. every morning after workout i put around 250g of oats, 0.4 liters of milk, a banana and around 30g of PB into a blender and then drink it. that's around 1500 calories right there.
>>
>>40144808
nuts are a good high cal snack. if you can afford it, jerkey is also good.
>>
>>40144830
>>40144842
Thanks for these. I dabbled in counting macros before, but I got a bit overwhelmed at the idea of trying to track restaurant meals and stuff. And I carried around a bag of almonds last year, I guess I should start doing that again. I also recently got a good blender and some powdered oats, so I guess I'll try to up my shake quality.
>>
File: c.png (192KB, 1420x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
192KB, 1420x1000px
>>40144897
eating out is fine if you don't do it too often. a few cheat meals won't kill you, but if you do that every single day then it adds up fast. you are what you eat. stop doing that and start cooking your own food.

if you have no problems eating the same shit you can weight your food like rice, etc., in advance and put it in tupperware and then just make it, knowing the macros in advance.

if you have trouble eating more food eat the ones that are high in fat since 1g of fat is like 9 calories compared to 4 from protein and carbs. nuts are one of those types of food. peanut butter is relatively cheap and high on calories. who doesn't like pb?

here is a pic of what my food for the day looks like on bulk. on some days i'll replace rice with potatoes and chicken with fish but for the most part that's what i eat every single day. when i cut i just tone down the amount of it. the only supplements i buy and really need are vitamin D and fish oil. everything else i get from food. and buying all of that food in bulk is pretty cheap too.
>>
>>40144717
Holy shit our lifts are almost identical
Maybe I do need to eat more after all
>>
>>40144965
Thanks for this one. I'd assume "lunch" includes dinner also? Otherwise that's a pretty big meal. And yeah. For the meal that was my OP image, I've been making about 5 meals worth of all those ingredients in advance and dishing them out every night. Is a scale a huge game changer? Or should I just go by the labels on the foods and eyeball it?
>>
>>40145063
i only eat 2 meals per day because i don't have time for more so my lunch is basically my dinner.
>>
I don't get it when people show their "diet" and post one day. You really eat the same shit every day? No wonder it's hard to gain weight if food is made to be that boring.
>>
>>40145063
>Is a scale a huge game changer? Or should I just go by the labels on the foods and eyeball it?

of course it is. never eyeball it because you are wrong almost all the time and that shit adds up very fast. weight everything you eat. the only time you don't have to is when you eat the whole package of for example peanuts and know the exact amount that was inside.
>>
>>40144717
All my lifts are like 20 lb heavier than yours except you squat twice what I squat.
>>
>>40144808
>My TDEE basically says I should be eating a whole other fucking meal or two, but I don't have the time for that.
>I know the solution to my problem, but I DON'T WANNA
Fuck off, OP. You're never going to make it.
>>
>>40144965
What's this program?
>>
>>40145145
Damn, wish I had an appetite like that, I can only eat so much in one sitting

>>40145168
You're right, it is boring, but I'm an engineering student taking 17 credits, it's not like I have a bunch of time to Gordon Ramsey myself a different 5 star meal every night.

>>40145257
Thanks. I'll pick one up soon and start weighing in

>>40145272
The advice I've gotten in this thread is actually pretty good. You're implying that the only advice that I was looking for was "just eat more", but the advice I've gotten was HOW to do that, which is really helpful
>>
>>40145323
cronometer.com

>>40145327
>Damn, wish I had an appetite like that
>>40144830
>>
>>40145327
>engineering student
I bet you're CPE. Faggot.
>>
>>40145485
Have fun with your knurling, bruh
>>
>>40146127
>>
>>40144717
Eat more
>>
>>40146150
Why does she have circles all over her body?
>>
>>40144808
Buy mass gainer if you have to. Should be next to the protein powder at your grocery store. Otherwise, force yourself to eat more. Thats all you can do.
>>
>>40146186
She used a vacuum cleaner to make it look like she got a bunch of hickeys so she could lie to her little cousin about having a boyfriend.
>>
>>40146205
What's in mass gainer? Like by using mass gainer, what am I *effectively* eating?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.