[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop rounding your back when you deadlift Like what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: back.jpg (357KB, 999x697px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
357KB, 999x697px
How do you stop rounding your back when you deadlift

Like what are the cues you use, how to you develop the ability to detect when your back is rounded compared to when it isn't
>>
Lift in front or next to a mirror

Video tape your form

put low weight on the bar and intentionally lift with a rounded back just a little to see how it feels so you know when you're doing it with higher weight

Keep your head up
>>
>>40131853
pull your shoulders back and make sure there is tension on the bar before you lift.
>>
When you are bending over to pick up the bar, hinge at the hips. Do not hinge in your torso
>>
>>40131853

Don't use your knees you god damn savage
>>
>>40131853
Stick your arse out.
>>
>>40131940
>>40131930
>>40131920
>>40131892
>>40131887
Good advice, cheers guys
>>
Activate ur lats by rotating your elbows in
>>
Look forward and slightly upward, pull your shoulders back tight.
It may also help to not sit down too low at the start, for example quads about parallel or slightly below is usually fine. (I know that starting lower can be beneficial for powerlifters but I'm assuming OP is trying to get the form down safely before breaking barriers).
>>
Retract your scapula. All the other advice is dyel-tier
>>
>>40131887
Next to a mirror is shit advice, turning your head during a deadlift can really fuck you up. Just use your fucking phone and videotape yourself, this should be common sense man.
>>
>>40131853
Everything >>40131887
Said is retarded except for taping your form. The reason your spine isn't neutral is because you're lowering your hips. Next time you deadlift take a grip and squeeze your chest up then touch your shins to the bar and initiate the lift after tightening the lats and building tension in your hamstrings. For head position start with it neutral then tuck your chin the slightest bit, don't look up or anything retarded like that or you'll hurt your neck.
>>
>>40132444
Oh, remember to brace your core as well when you're tightening your lats
>>
Bracing.
Learn how to breathe properly. Breath so your whole stomach is filled and tight, not just fill your chest. It annoys me how people can be so oblivious to the simplest things like stance, bracing, proper grip width etc.
>>
>>40131853
is this like the first thread where someone got actual advice lol without beeing trolled. well done guys
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.