[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have not been to the gym for nearly 3 weeks now. This is due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 24629364.png (77KB, 491x541px) Image search: [Google]
24629364.png
77KB, 491x541px
I have not been to the gym for nearly 3 weeks now.

This is due to injuring both of my shoulders from doing pec flies and lateral raises.

I have constant inflammation, clicking in my shoulders and high levels of pain lifting my arms at about chest height.

I am booked an ultra sound and an appointment with a sports physician but I have to wait 2 months before he is available.

I believe it is bicep tendonitis in both of my arms.

Has anyone had an injury like this and recovered? What are my chances of ever even lifting my arms pain free again?

I am fucking 23, I am too young for this to ruin my life...
>>
File: 1451666111914.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1451666111914.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
Please help.
>>
File: 1451712902222.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451712902222.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
>>
File: 1452058040729.jpg (293KB, 2048x1557px) Image search: [Google]
1452058040729.jpg
293KB, 2048x1557px
>>
Not so severe, but I had a shoulder problem before christmas, potentially from the same exercises. It is so, so important that you learn how to position your shoulders when you do those exercises. Watch guides, practice the movements without weight. Find the movement where there is no clicking and no pain. For lateral raises, for example, I was holding my arms directly to the sides. This was causing problems, and holding them slightly forwards fixed the issue.
>>
The symptoms sound like a rotator cuff injury to me. That's what I had at back in the summer by benching and with shit form.
>>
Suffering with thankfully a milder version of this issue, mostly from God awful form on the bench. Good luck anon.
>>
>>40119217
>I was holding my arms directly to the sides

This was exactly what I was doing. All sudden I felt searing pain sort of near my arm pits, on the top of my shoulders and sort of down into my biceps.
>>40119217
>>40119219

How did you recover?
>>
File: 1452309484551.jpg (253KB, 1242x996px) Image search: [Google]
1452309484551.jpg
253KB, 1242x996px
>>40119230
How did you recover anon?
>>
I just booked my surgery to treat my hip bursitis and a mean as fuck hip labral tear. Haven't been able to train legs for months and I can't fucking wait till im recovered.
>>
File: 1452851141912.jpg (270KB, 1000x648px) Image search: [Google]
1452851141912.jpg
270KB, 1000x648px
>>40119257
Cause of the injury?
>>
>>40119268
My best guess is squatting too heavy with bad form combined with running

I've been squatting for 3 years so it's strange that it happened now. I probably need to warm up more and take extra care on my form.
>>
I was on a quite a lot of meds the first 2 weeks, but I felt it get a lot better then. Still, I wasn't able to raise my arms above lower chest height without pain. The first week I couldn't move my arm without pain. I skipped upper body training for about a month and a half, and only trained legs, on machines only really.. Because all else aggravated the shoulder somehow. After that it got well, and I started slowly training my upper body as well.
One thing that really helped, but hurt a lot at first, was this really deep massage that gf used to do, that a doctor recommended to me. It's deep tissue massage, pushing with the fingers on painful spot and around it with a lot of force albeit not too much.
She used to do it 2-3 times a day and afterwards my shoulder felt numb at first but then so much better :)

Here's to hoping for a quick recovery, mate. If you have any questions that you think I might be able to answer, just ask away :)
>>
>>40119237
I just stopped lifting for a month over Christmas. But like I said, it was not so severe in my case. Not severe pain, just a constant ache that let me know I needed to stop lifting and fix my form when I got back to it. You'll heal with time, but idk how long.
>>
>>40119317
Thanks for the reply.

What was your exact injury? And can you please describe the massage you were told to do in more detail and what they did exactly?

Do i massage at the pain spots or at the tendon heads where the tear is located?
>>
>>40119507

No problem :)
They said it was a rotator cuff injury from improper technique. Not rectracting the shoulder blades on exercises like bench and front, side raises. I was benching with my shoulders.

About the massage part, it was around the tendon and at the painful area. Basically all around the painful area. But don't go overboard the first time, try to ease into it :)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.