[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got into the gym for the first time in my life. What does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: deadinside.jpg (47KB, 517x425px) Image search: [Google]
deadinside.jpg
47KB, 517x425px
Just got into the gym for the first time in my life. What does fit think about 5x5 for a starter?
>>
File: 1481249652210.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481249652210.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
just do 5x10 and start out with light weights. Get your body use to the motion of the workouts.
>>
its almost as bad as Starting Strenght. do yourself a favor and do a real program like p90x

litearlly all 5x5 will do is bulk you up, and we all know girls would rather have a toned bf, not a bulky one
>>
>>40105892
Im thin, im not trying to lose weight would rather put on some strength and bulk
>>
>>40105889
>>40105892

5x5 is good, ignore those faggots. I personally started with SL 5x5 and its giving me decent strength gains and shit. You can do some extra accessory like pullups and dips etc.
Lookup online videos on how to do these exercises for your program. Ask around the gym for some advice or some shit if you ain't sure. The ppl in gym might seem intimidating for the first time but most should be pretty chill and all. Just keep getting your ass off to gym and follow a proper routine and you will be fine.
>>
>>40106017
Yeah feeling good so far. No one squats at my gym which is good I guess rack is always free. Everyone seems to use machines so I'm on my own for the most part. Really feeling good so far though, starting to get my weights up.
>>
>>40106036
Good for you man, just keep doing what you're doing. Dieting is pretty important also. Have you started tracking calories (use myfitnesspal or something) and eating at a surplus?
>>
>>40106084
Shits tough, Im not broke but Im a student working my way through uni, and I cant eat $70 of food a week. But I havent started tracking calories, is it really that important? Or can I just focus on eating more regardless of the macro/micro
>>
>>40105986
They're kind of trolling you m8. In any case, you should probably read the fucking sticky before starting a thread you useless cunt
>>
read the sticky fucking newfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPRRP
>>
>>40105876
5x5 is good. Eat lots of protein and other good food. Focus on form early on; don't worry so much about the weight on the bar. If your form is good, then later on there will be more muscular development, and also you'll be injury free.

When you get to slightly higher loads, you may have to drop down to 3x5. This is fine. The difference in muscle stimulation between 3 and 5 sets of 5 is minimal; but the extra sets early on help you establish form, and also help you get accustomed to lifting heavy shit early on. Plus they're fun and you feel like you really achieved something.

Also, consider accessories. Chin ups and dips are god tier. Work up to them if you need to; google "chinup progressions" and "dip progressions" if you can't do a full one yet.

Any questions?
>>
>>40105876
it's a little short but the girth is above average, you shouldn't really have a problem satisfying a girl if you know what you're doing
>>
SS +GOMAD.

YOU WANT TO BE A FAT FUCKING "POWERLIFTER "RIGHT OP?
>>
>>40108391
what about 5.5x5 (5.9x5 on a good day)?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.