[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/, I'm going to start lifting soon - but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: achilles.png (128KB, 450x293px) Image search: [Google]
achilles.png
128KB, 450x293px
Hi /fit/,

I'm going to start lifting soon - but I have a problem -

Since birth I've had a short achilles tendon on my left foot, been repaired up to about 80% around a decade ago. This means I can't put my left heel on the ground (its unnoticeable walking in shoes) but it means I wouldn't be able to keep my left foot flat doing squats/deads/etc

How much of an issue is this going to be? Should I just use machines? Would appreciate your input please.
>>
>>40098992
use oly shoes
>>
>>40098992
cobbler should be able to fix your problem so both of your feet would be the same
>>
>>40098992
Ask employees for help/advice and put one of those slanted boards/pl8s under your heels
>>
>>40098992
Adipowers but I'd ask your doctor to be safe
>>
>>40098992
You can buy shoes for lifting that raise your heel. I dont know how much your heel is raised up but if its less that like 2 inches you'll be good
>>
>>40098992

Worst case is a chain reaction that fucks up your knees, hip, and back. Ankle mobility is quite important in squatting. Lots of problem can occur if it's not there.
>>
>>40098992
You know why its called Achilles Tendon?
Its because that was Achileas's (the half-god greek warrior) only weak spot.
The myth says its because thats the spot his goddess mother held him from while she was baptising him to give him god powers.
>>
>>40098992
what happened? a complete rupture of your achilles tendon and you had surgical repair?
>>
>>40099062

Anyone who's not an illiterate african knows that.
>>
>>40099014
>>40099034
Only helps if his femurs are short
>>
>>40099074
no
it'll help him less if he he has long femurs but if the difference between his heels is small he should be ok
>>
OP here:

Thanks for the advice - shoes with a higher heel seems like a good bet.

>>40099028
Do gyms have plates for this purpose?

>>40099059
Yeah, that's my primary concern, the asymmetry will likely cause issues the whole way up.

>>40099063
No it's from birth - I'm a twin - much higher incidence of clubbed feet (basically secondary to a lack of space in the womb, feet get squashed into awkward positions and form that way) and this seems to have been a secondary problem following on from that. Had it repaired at 11, now 23 - asymptomatic bar an inability to put my heel down in bare feet.
>>
>>40099028

OP again:

Done some research on this and yeah some people do seem to squat with plates beneath their heels so I'll give that a try with some heeled shoes.
>>
>>40098992
You should see a podotherapist they can help adjust your shoes to fit what you need for anything so also weightlifting.
>>
>>40098992
i was born with my legs out like a frog and i got this too, I feel you OP. I stretched every day for a long time and got physio and it still isnt great
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.