[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/. Been benching for a month. I bench back flat, feet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: VSfcM3b.jpg (173KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
VSfcM3b.jpg
173KB, 1024x676px
Hey /fit/. Been benching for a month. I bench back flat, feet on the ground. 1 rep max is about 155lbs.

I've seen some guys benching with feet in the air or their back arched. Am I supposed to do it this way or flat like I've been doing it this past month? My beginning 1 rep max was 125lbs so at least I'm improving.
>>
Your feet should be on the ground. Whether they're flat on the ground or not is up to you. On the bench or in the air is unacceptable - it's more dangerous and you'll move less weight.
>>
>>40098613
well the more u arch ur back the morepower u can exert, putting ur feet up makes ur bench weaker
>>
Slight arch in the back for your flat hand to move under. Put your shoulder blades together and both feet flat on the ground wisespread. Is what helped me increase my max
>>
Don't listen to these niggers, benching with your feet up ensures that you won't use any leg drive, thus putting 100% of the work on your chest and delts. They're right though you will move less weight so take that as you will. Flat BB bench isn't the best exercise for chest anyways, just for ego lifting
>>
>>40098680
Then do floor bench if you want to omit the legs, but having hip flexion makes so little sense when benching. Why would you want one of your points of contact to have less efficacy with force transfer? I get that working the delts and pec minor are important, but why not do isolations for those after benching with "proper" form?
>>
>>40098642
>>40098645
>>40098653
>>40098680
Thanks guys. I don't engage my legs at all. I just leave them fairly solid on the floor. I'll try squeezing my shoulder blades a bit and going for a slight arch.
>>
>>40098724
Kinda leads to my other point that the flat bb bench sucks ass to begin with. Want better chest and delt gains? Start DB benching
>>
>>40098749
I think BB benching is good for overall strength, as a big ass systemic stress feels nice. I think you are right, though, that DB benching is key to getting nice delts. I think BTNP is what has made my shoulders feel like they're getting a pop, but maybe it's just me.
>>
>>40098642
why? that's just IPF rule. if he doesn't compete he can do whatever he wants
>>
>>40098741
Leg drive is vitally important and will help you bench more. Try pushing through your heels as you drive the bar up
>>
>>40098809
IPF states your feet must be flat on the ground, no heels up, etc.

benching with your feet in the air or on the bench is moronic and dangerous
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.