[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>At uni gym >Deadlift/back day >We have rows of deadlifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0127.png (83KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.png
83KB, 300x249px
>At uni gym
>Deadlift/back day
>We have rows of deadlifting platforms all next to each other
>Take an open one
>Work my way up to 3pl8 1x3
>Not by any means impressive but not terrible at body weight of about 180
>Guy next to me
>Looks like he easily weighs 250+, very fat with some muscle underneath
>Has straps, knee wraps, pl shoes, and a belt on
>Works up to 4pl8
>Does 1 rep and proudly saunters off
Is powerlifting a mental illness? I can understand striving for PRs but at the point where you're literally carrying 50 pounds of extra fat and still prioritizing numbers over aesthetics/health aren't you being a little ridiculous? I could understand maybe being that fat and buying a bunch of expensive gear if you were a linebacker and it was your job but why maintain such a gross body when you could lose a considerable amount of weight and still practice your hobby?
>>
a 315lb 3RM is child-tier
>>
>>40097352
I never said it was amazing.
It's still proportionately far stronger than a man 80 pounds heavier than me lifting just 90 pounds more for a 2 less reps with a shitton of expensive lifting shit.
>>
>>40097386
who cares, it's 315x3

get strong before you pat yourself on the back and post shitty threads
>>
>>40097343
>Fat guy trying get healthy by lifting weights while wearing appropriate safety gear
>notice some pale gangly freak staring at him in between sets
>Fat guy is picking up a definite school shooter vibe
>Fat guy gets to final set when he sees the gangly sperg next to him turn beet red and flapping his hands in autistic rage
>Fat guy does one rep and runs out of the gym as the Autist starts reeing about Elliot Rogers and frantically reaching into his pockets
>>
>>40097343
Big difference between 1x3 for 3 plate and 1x4 4 plate.

I dont care about his weight I would be more impressed by his rather then yours. Get good.
>>
>>40097343
>>40097352
>>40097510
The only mental illness is caring how much weight you can pull off the ground in the first place.

Powerfats are just failed oly lifters or bodybuilders.
>>
>>40097531
you are weak
>>
>>40097386
Who said that's his 1RM? Maybe he has a meet this/next week and he's working at 50-60% capacity.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.