[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Started doing yoga on restdays since a few weeks >Suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 124124124.gif (68KB, 712x510px) Image search: [Google]
124124124.gif
68KB, 712x510px
>Started doing yoga on restdays since a few weeks
>Suddenly breaking PR's and today I was finally able to squat ATG comfortably

All I had to do was get over the fact that yoga is considered for females. Tell me why yoga isnt the best complimentary activity for lifting
>>
I'm thinking of doing it as well just for the mobility gains
>>
File: 1440603171258.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1440603171258.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>40089034
>not doing Zumba to get swole
>>
>>40089040

Its great, do it. Squatting atg felt like no big deal suddenly. And I have alot less tightness and weird pains in my body
>>
>>40089034
Hat sort if yoga are you doing? Are you going to classes or YouTube/forums?
Time and location constraints prevent me from going to classes more than a hand full of times a month.
>>
>>40089034
>Tell me why yoga isnt the best complimentary activity for lifting
It's not cardio
>>
>>40089034
>tfw just started Bikram yoga

Shit feels good, man.
>>
I lift in the mornings M-F and do Vinyasa in the evenings T TH. Great way to meet girls, too
>>
Tell us your fucking routine already please
>>
>>40089034
What you do? Where do I into yoga?
>>
Yoga fixed my squat form.
>>
>>40089333
This. Op, deliver for trips you fucking cuck
>>
Not OP, but I picked up a lot of yoga forms and poses from P90X "Yoga X" that I still use to this day.
>>
>>40089287

Bikram is the shit. It gets expensive as fuck, but if you live near a place that has a deal like "all you can yoga for $30" or something, is definitely worth going a few times. I feel better after yoga than I do after any gym session.

Literally the only good thing my sister-in-law has ever done in her life is introduce me to bikram yoga.
>>
>>40091712
I did Yoga X. I think maybe I did it once a week for 4-6 weeks before saying fuck this and replaced it with Cardio X. It's good and all, but honestly it is way more trying than I thought it would be--moreso since it's like a fucking hour and a half.
>>
File: Hzms34f.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
Hzms34f.png
102KB, 746x717px
>>40091811
>mfw the first 10 minutes of Cardio X is still yoga
>>
I stretch a fuckton so im already flexible as a motherfucker, but I want to get into yoga for the balance and flexibilty.
Is there like a pdf or youtube series I should look towards
>>
Never done yoga but i do Pilates twice a week which is similar but leaning more towards calisthenics. I'd recommend it to any beginner as it helps you be more mindful of you're own body and builds a basic strength base.

If you're trainer's not an idiot you'll also quickly learn the value of form and how easy it is to naturally halfass a movement.
>>
>>40089034

I'd modify that

Each subdivision of lifting has some great complimentary activities for it, depending on skill, build and age.

For me, lighter moderately high rep bodyweight stuff reinforces the pump stuff I just did after my main strength stuff. For others, cardio may help the gains best, or general strongman.

I'd put yoga as a tertiary activity; it's not going to directly turn a baby squat @ 225 into a 405 overnight, but the smart lifter will gain better control of their body, and that will multiply the effectiveness of other work

Morning yoga is great for working people like me, then a quick session in the evening as the first part of my warmups to get stable and de-fuck my body
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC

Used this series, its a great starter. All you need is a yoga mat
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.