[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm doing boxing for the first time on monday how do i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 24465.jpg (101KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
24465.jpg
101KB, 600x337px
i'm doing boxing for the first time on monday

how do i not look like a retard? i'm also anxious of going there and what people will think of me
>>
trust me they dont care. Ive been to many different martial arts clubs and most of them are sound people, always happy to help beginners, a couple may not be good sparring partners or just not be fun to partner with but youl be fine. Good luck
>>
Don't do what people in this vid are doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syhb3z4pTFQ
>>
>>40088608
If you're actually boxing, prepared to get your ass kicked. If not just relax, most martial arts guys are pretty chill.
>>
Don't try to not look like a retard. Do what you're told to do to the best of your abilities. Ask questions. Don't push yourself too hard the first time around as far as the physical training goes, no one wants you throwing up because you tried skipping rope for too long or something like that.

You might feel stupid when you're asked to practice some stuff in front of a mirror. Somebody will most likely correcting minute details with every jab you throw or even with how you're holding your guard up. Just soak it up and remember that the insecurity is in your head, we all had no clue when we first stepped into a boxing gym.

Also, a single round of hitting a bag is tiring. Hitting it wrong can hurt your hand, your wrist etc. Pace yourself and use the bag to practice your technique, the time to power strike the fuck out of something will come in time, when you actually know how to throw a punch.
>>
you're there to learn, no one will judge you for being a begginner
>>
I've been out for the last two years. Since when did /fit/ anons became so nice?
>>
>>40088702
There are some niches within /fit/ that are pure brolove, you just have to find them.

And OP is just nervous about trying something new, we've all been there and most likely will eventually be there again. He's gonna make it and so are we.
>>
>>40088702
nothing changed, it's just normal threads that draw out normal functioning human beings ready to help are rare, it's flooded with autist teenagers whose only goal is to penetrate good looking girls without manners and quality beyond their aforementioned looks...whew.
>>
Just try your best and dont be a gym bro. You have no idea how little it matters to do boxing routines or fighting as just "a guy".

I kind of feel thats the ultimate overcompensation if you're the guy shadow boxing or doing sparring IN THE AB AREA/FREE WEIGHTS.

>>40088702

I was about to post something mean is that weird.
>>
>>40088608
The best way to do things for the first time is to not pretend you're anything like a novice and take all advice offered. Just admit you're nervous and new and people will be happy to help you. If you pretend you know shit you don't, you'll just dig a hole for yourself and that's how you'll look like a retard.
>>
>>40088608
no one notices or cares about you bro, loose the ego. I used to have your mindset, i was afraid to arrive to areas full of men like gym, mma etc but realized people lead their own lives and dont care about you, just like you dont care about that other guy.
>>
File: i cant take it.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
i cant take it.png
142KB, 415x367px
>>40088608
hnnnnnnnghh dat ass MOMMY!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.