[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with depression? I've lost over 60 pounds,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0538.jpg (46KB, 673x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
46KB, 673x431px
How do I deal with depression? I've lost over 60 pounds, but I still weigh 230 pounds and need another 60 until I'm happy. I just look at myself in the mirror and see my hanging gut, fat face, and disgusting thighs. Even after 60 pounds I see no difference.

The only way I can reassure myself is by putting on my old clothes which don't fit me anymore. I wear them a lot to feel thinner, but I'm still a fat fuck. I've cut my calories to 800 a day because I just can't stand being so fat anymore. I want to die and cry, but I refuse to eat anymore. Not eating is making me feel worse and I haven't been to the gym in two weeks because I just don't feel good.

I just don't feel happy and I'm too afraid to eat anymore.
>>
>>40086636
See a therapist.
>>
>>40086636
>I've cut my calories to 800 a day

your metabolism's going to plummet and you'll gain back a bunch of weight when you start eating normally.

look into fasting. it'll actually increase your metabolism.
>>
File: 1482061473276.jpg (64KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482061473276.jpg
64KB, 328x500px
This Buddhist monk has a good talk on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_jjY7W_fs

Take the hour to listen. Hope it helps, man. It definitely helped me slowly come out of depression.
pic related: It's how I feel more often.
>>
>>40086655
I don't think I'll ever eat "normally" again. I don't want too. I'd rather die.
>>
>>40086636
Depression never goes away.
>>
>>40086684
You have never eaten normally. You've eaten like a fatty. Try eating like a person for a change.
>>
>>40086636

Get your Testosterone checked.
>>
>>40086636
You're already doing it wrong OP.
You mention that you NEED to lose 60 pounds to be HAPPY.
Why not look at what you've accomplished, you are already halfway, no it's going to be easy as fuck since you already established to lose this amount of weight.

Let me tell you an anecdote from my personal experience of losing weight.
You will always find things you do not like about your body, even if you lost the amount of weight you wanted (or more). Just try to fucking love yourself, keep doing what you are doing, and eventually the depression will slowly lose its heaviness. Not to say it won't come back sometimes, but hey. Be glad that you're alive.

Oh yeah, congratz on establishing an eating disorder. Good luck with fixing that as well.
>>
>>40087348
Mine went away. Weee.
>>
>>40086636

You're halfway there. Just keep going.

You don't have to cut all the way down to 800 calories. Gradually increase your calories until you are consistently losing one pound per week. This will probably put you at approximately 1500 per day, but it can vary from person to person.
>>
They found that people who develop a fear or phobia are far more likely to keep weight off for extended periods of time. Use your depression to reach a goal that fit finds reasonable. Once you do ask for adjustments to your diet so you can be chiseled as fuck. You just need to eat foods you dont enjoy and it wont feel like shame.
>>
>>40089225
Weeee
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.