[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benadryl to sleep nay or yay? If I don't take them + melatonin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: benadryl-tablets.jpg (364KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
benadryl-tablets.jpg
364KB, 1024x683px
Benadryl to sleep nay or yay?

If I don't take them + melatonin at night I stay up until 1 or 2 and I have to wake up at 7am for school

I didn't give a fuck about missing sleep before I started lifting but now I don't wanna lose my gains. With them I get a solid 8+ hours every night and I feel absolutely fine the next day. But I heard that sleep quality may suffer, but in my experience it doesn't feel like it..

whats the verdict brahs?
>>
>are you me

I take melatonin which helps but insomnia plus shitty sleep patterns since I was a kid still cause me to stay awake for a couple hours after getting in bed. Heavy squat and diddlylifts make me sleep like a baby. The only other things that help is Mary Jane(not recommended) and sparring at the martial arts gym I joined.

I'd say try the benadryl and report back. Just because you get 8 hours doesn't necessarily make it good if sleep quality is shit and you never ever REM.
>>
>>40079817
I've been on diphenhydramine (25 mg) for about two years now. It works better than anything else ive tried, and ive tried a ton. Melatonin and valerian root worked for a while, but eventually i built up a tolerance to both.

Chlorpheneramine (sp?) also works great. Both are first generation antihistamines and are highly sedative, but pretty safe.
>>
>>40079817
Highly advise you stay off that shit to sleep. I spent 10 years taking it, having to up the dose as I went. Had nasty withdraws when I tried to quit cold turkey. You need to suck it up and learn to sleep like a normal person. It'll be alot easier now than after years of drug abuse.
>>
>>40079817
Yes it works well but you can only take it 3-4 days in a row then you have to give yourself a break. Try not to up the doseon benadryl, just give yourself time off. It stops working really fast. Quality of sleep is probably an 8/10. I take doxylamine succinate (the sleep aid in NyQuil and some others) along with benadryl and alternate the days. Doxylamine sleep quality is probably a 6-7/10. I feel really lethargic and its very hard to wake up after I take it but it puts me out more surely than benadryl. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and have noticed a vast improvement in mental health and alertness.

Source: guy with very, very severe insomnia who used to only sleep 2-4 a night and almost had to be hospitalized over sleep-loss symptoms.
>>
File: 1478552671187.jpg (97KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1478552671187.jpg
97KB, 500x489px
>>40080070
>dph withdraws
>>
>>40080158
Two seconds on google instead of being a cunt would do wonders for you. But fuck my advice bro, just swallow them peelz, you're in your early 20's ain't nothing gonna go wrong, right?
>>
>>40080158
Sounds about as plausible as insomnia. if you cant just fall asleep with some ZMA you really need to change an aspect of your life that makes you stay up at night thinking about what anime character to masturbate to in the morning.
>>
>>40079817
One time i snapped my back and was on painkillers but it sucked lying on the floor forever so i just took alot of benadryl and slept for like 36 hours

kidneys hurt after
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.