[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the actual negatives to lifting 7 days a week? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2559.jpg (210KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2559.jpg
210KB, 1242x2208px
What are the actual negatives to lifting 7 days a week? I've been lifting PxPxL for 7 days a week for probably about 2 weeks and before that it was 5-6, days a week for 9 months.

can my body keep this up because I'm young? Or am I just fucking myself in the long run? For most of my day I'm either studying, going to get something to eat, or just sitting in bed and feel unprodouctive so going to the gym every day makes me feel pumped and good.

Pic related
>>
>>40077283
that would only be 4 lifting sessions a week though?
>>
JUST
>>
>>40077283
>can my body keep this up because I'm young?
Not for long. Damage is damage.

Recovery is important.
>>
>>40077346
i think he just means PPL with no rest days. ignore the x's.
>>
>>40077346
I'm lifting 7 days a week, alternating between push, pull, or legs. Get what I'm sayin?
>>
If your nervous system was fried you'd know.
Loss in strength, youd feel like you got hit by a truck all day long, lethargic af, depressed af

You'd know.
>>
Better off doing full body if you're training every other day.

Just 3-4 sets per lift, use 6-8 rep range.

Example

Squats 3x8
Bench 3x8
Chin-ups 3x8
Press 3x8
Rackpulls 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x8
Calf Isolation
Tricep isolation
Bicep isolation

Do that every other day, your metabolism will be faster, every body part gets hit. Your form/technique will drastically improve because by you're training every lift so often. You train in 8 rep range so you never fuck up you CNS like you can with 5x5 and other lower rep ranges. Volume adds up over the course of a week to be just as good as spirit routine, your 3 sets per bodypart will be quality sets everytime.
>>
>>40077401
Boy, you look strong and healthy but if you keep with this schedule in your 30s you will lose lots of muscles and have problems at joints and back. I suggest you to get at least 2 days to rest per week, and if you really can't do that maybe you could do some anaerobic train, i suggest you boxing, so you will have 5 days lifting and 2 anaerobic. But rest is really really important, don't waste your body only to look good in your youth
>>
>>40077283
if that's you in the picture, and you insist on lifting that often I would go to a bro split, that way each muscle group gets more time to rest
>>
File: 20170119_073013.jpg (1MB, 4190x2358px) Image search: [Google]
20170119_073013.jpg
1MB, 4190x2358px
>>40077283
Op I've been doing PPLPPLx, so lifting 6 days a week. I'm 29 and don't feel like I am overtraining. If I get worn out I just do a deload cycle. I've been making better gains than I did on upper/lower.

Taking one rest day a week is probably good though.
>>
>>40077540
is this what /fit/ has become?
>>
File: SeniorFGT.png (360KB, 960x819px) Image search: [Google]
SeniorFGT.png
360KB, 960x819px
>>40078077
Do you lift weights?
>>
Tbh I've done both 4 day upper lowers and PPLX type routines and the difference in results is pretty negligible. Unless you really love being in the gym/have nothing else on, I don't think there's much point going 6/7 times a week as a natty
>>
>>40078122
No I just do Zumba
>>
>>40078194
And so it begins
>>
>>40078106
look he's already lean, if he wants to get bigger he's gonna need to sleep a lot and eat a fuck load, or give the muscles more time to rest.
>>
>>40077283
You're not lifting heavy enough if you can lift 7 days a week. Lift heavier faggot.
>>
it depends what you are doing. If you are really pushing yourself lifting heavy and volume you should feel like your body should give out by 25.
>>
>>40078219
>>40078219
Should I not Zumba 6 days a week? I mean, I know it's really hard work but I feel like my body can take it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.