[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey ladies and gents. I may be going into Officer Candidate school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1480223151768.jpg (407KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1480223151768.jpg
407KB, 746x982px
Hey ladies and gents. I may be going into Officer Candidate school for the military. Haven't decided which branch yet, thinking Navy most likely. I'm fit. Have been for years. I looked up the PT scoring chart online and I can certainly pass, but If I join the armed forces I don't want to half ass it. You know with a 6 year contract and all. Don't want to waste my time. A perfect score is something along the lines of 90+ pushups in 2 minutes. Then you get a 2 minute breather, then 90+ crunches, and then a 1.5 mile run in under 9:30 seconds. I'm nowhere near a perfect score. I've been training but I have tons of injuries from highshool sports, lifting and MMA.

I want to be as close to a perfect score by March when I plan to go and actually talk to recruiters and what not.

Right now I can pull off 53 pushups, 48 crunches and a 1.5 mile in just under 12 minutes. Still passing. Just not top notch.

Any known regiments to help with this? I'm going to try and kick my smoking habit within the next month or so too, that should help loads.
>>
Being a PT stud doesn't mean shit, especially not as a naval officer where you will more than likely be sitting behind a desk all day.

If you actually want to join a branch where physical fitness is essential join the marines or army with an infantry contract, anything else is "half assing" it.
>>
>>40073199
I haven't totally decided which branch. The military is always something I've wanted to do since a young age. But I don't want to be a grunt. I have a degree in finance and economics. However I know that the military i massive with thousands of potential jobs I can be doing. Part of me wants to do combat, part of me doesn't. Like I said. Not sure what to choose yet. I know I can score great on the mental. But I just want all options open for me when I go.
I understand what you mean, I've heard it from a few other people. Truth is I'm a little lost. After working some office jobs here and there I can't just bullshit through some jackass business stuff again. Anyways, I still want to get as close to a perfect score as possible on the PT. So anything in particular that would help? I've just be trying my old wrestling workouts, but I'm 24 now and it's alot harder when you don't have a giant Ohio meathead of a coach yelling at you to keep going while you puke on yourself.
>>
>>40073239
you dumb faggot. if you go in as a pog nobody is going to give a shit how many sit-ups you can do.
>>
>>40073239
As far as fitness and support branches, it is largely a formality. Yes, by all means, you should try to max (or supermax) the branches respective PFT. On paper, it will set you apart from whatever mouth breathers are skating by on minimums and will go a long ways towards impressing the angry middle-aged men (and women who want to pretend to be men) who will control your life.

Unless you care about actual fitness, just train for the test. For me, it was the APFT, which spared me swimming. You want to at least be able to pretend to be fit in front of your command (whatever that might be in your case).

If you are a high drag piece of shit, your men will treat you like a joke. SPC Joebob and PVT Snuffy can be overweight losers, but you need to be in a position to tell them that and put them in Weight Management.

As for experience, I was medically discharged after USMA, and it was only slacking PT scores from a worsening undiagnosed neurological condition that tipped my CO off. It was actually one of my peers (and direct competition) who pushed the whole deal.
>>
>>40073239
>going into the military to do a shitty job under some fucktards command
>instead of going into banking and making 150-200k by your late 20s.

never understood why people get so suckered into believing they'd find meaning by being just another grunt.
>>
>>40073121
Ex Air Force here. Definitely train leading up to when you ship off for OCS, but running off your current stats I can say you honestly have nothing to worry about friend. Focus on maintenance, and endurance/cardio. In all likelihood, you'd lose some off your max reps and run time if you went in already sporting max or above. Military basic PT for enlisted and officers is damn near the same across all the branches. It will alternate between bodyweight exercises (think 5 sets of 20 pushups, then scissor kicks) and about 30min of cardio each morning. Mirror that routine and youll be fine.

Word of Warning: it may be different for Naval Officers, but i doubt it. Once you're operational, a failed PT Test is career suicide. You're locked in your paygrade and ineligible for recommision.
>>
>Hey ladies and gents.

>>>>/r/eddit
>>
Unless you're a soft faggot without any self-discipline, the military is without a doubt one of the worst things you can do with your life. There's a reason it's bloated with poor people from the lowest socio-economic rungs. It's for rubes.

That said, if you can't hold a real job and/or otherwise lack the discipline to take control of your life, it will be good for you. And the officer route is definitely the route to go.

But don't do this shit for life, anon. Make sure you plan to one one day stop leaching off taxpayers and do something productive with your life.
>>
>>40074016
Man your peer is an asshole. I hope you planted weed in his dorm room.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.