[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys do for your abs and obliques? >inb4 just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: six-pack-abs-burn-fat_5.jpg (99KB, 1109x614px) Image search: [Google]
six-pack-abs-burn-fat_5.jpg
99KB, 1109x614px
What do you guys do for your abs and obliques?

>inb4 just squats and diddlys

No really, we all know they're not enough.

>ab wheel roll 6x8 per week
>cable woodchoppers 6x8 per week
>some hanging leg raises
>>
>>40071850

>No really, we all know they're not enough.

Yes they are.
>>
>>40071850
Flex your core when you lift stupid ass, thats all the ab workout you need. also cut you fat faggot.
>>
>>40071873

Ask me me how I know you're one of those fat-slob-Rippetoe-worshiping faggots.
>>
>>40071897
never read his horseshit once in my life.
talk shit post pic faggot
>>
Listen, yes doing ab isolation helps, but the thing is, the abs are such a thin muscle group. ALL of the compound movements, and many isolations do actually engage the core, to a huge extent.

The amount of extra noticeable gains you will see on your abs from doing isolation work is probably a few percent, at the most. Now consider that the muscle group is so small and thin...that extra few % is not going to be very noticeable at all.

It's sort of like worrying about doing tricep push downs........if you can bench 315 pounds and ohp 185 do you honestly think you're going to have weak triceps? It's the same thing for abs, most people just aren't going to have a weak core if they can squat or ohp or deadlift a significant amount of weight.

The only reason you would isolate abs is for other reasons.....not for "gains". Check out what powerlifters/oly lifters and strongman do for core training. It's not worth it for simple purely aesthetics reasons for a lifter who just wants to look good, as I said, the extra benefit for aesthetics is basically indifferent.
>>
>all these rippetoe fanboys getting triggered
>they dont realize that rippetoe says you SHOULD do ab exercises in his program

-______-
>>
>>40071943
Me again.

t. 5 year lifter, and yes I actually use to isolate abs.

The only positive thing that came from it was increased core strength, my abs did not look any different. I had thick abs before, and still have them now, isolating them made no noticeable difference in terms of size. The only noticeable difference was overall core strength carry over into movements like squats/deads/ohp by a few percent.

But I don't train for min-maxing my lifts to as high as possible, I train to look good, so the time I was putting into isolating abs did not seem worth it after awhile. I would only start doing it again if I wanted to take my strength training more seriously.
>>
>>40071850
ab wheel is all you need for abs
but I think big obliques makes you lose v-taper and not sure if they will help besides sports
>>
>>40071946
When did he say that?
>>
don't listen to this idiot >>40071943
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.