[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, I know you probably get like 50 threads similar to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: suicide.jpg (38KB, 1080x517px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
38KB, 1080x517px
Hi guys,

I know you probably get like 50 threads similar to this one each week but please hear me out.
I've decided to lose weight like two months ago, at first I've only changed my diet a bit and I went down a couple of bumps on the belt and some people have told me that I even look a bit thinner.
I've decided to kick it up a notch lately and I have started lifting weights. I have read the link in the sticky, this one: http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html#part3
and it's been really informative, however there are some things I'd like you to clarify for me.
In the "How often/when should I eat?" section he mentions that eating small portions multiple times per day does not boost your metabolism and that eating 3 times a day should be fine.
Thing is, since I have started eating less and healthier, I'm usually eating once or twice a day. I'm eating far less calories than I probably should and I know that it's a bad thing, however my stomach got so used to it that I simply can't force myself to eat more. Maybe I would be able to fit the required calories in the two meals, however the article (and the study that is linked in it) don't really mention if eating less than 3 meals a day would or would not slow the metabolism. Any ideas?

I have started lifting weights and excercise the whole body since to my knowledge the more muscular you are, the better you are at losing calories after workout, is this correct?

I'm very aware that this is a slow process that takes a lot of time and I'm strong willed to keep up with it long term since recently I've had a situation that pretty much turned my life around, however I really, really need to lose as much fat as possible in the following two months. (cont)
>>
A friend of mine who works out a lot and is quite buffed has set up a eating chart that I should follow, it looks something like 2 ounces of oatmeal and half an apple for breakfast, 4 ounces of cottage cheese or white yoghurt between breakfast and lunch, for lunch 200g (that's like 6,5 ounces, almost 7, idk) of each lean meat and non starch vegetables

again 4 ounces of the white stuff and for dinner same thing as for lunch. This I should eat Monday - Friday, on Saturdays similar stuff however instead of non-starch vegetables I should eat shit like rice and potatoes with the meat and on Sunday I can eat anything I want.
It should be something like them carb waves or whatever the fuck it's called and it should boost my metabolism according to him and it should also confuse the body to burn fat faster during the week (Mo We Fri are workout days) and since there are carbs involved in the weekend, it shouldn't get used to this regime long-term or something, I'm not sure. Here are two things: I simply can't eat that much food in a single day, that is just way too much. I'm not worried about calories, I simply don't have the apetite to eat this much shit, I have a stressful job and there is simply no way I could stomach this volume and amount of food daily. What would you advise me, is this something I can adjust somehow, do you agree with this diet, do you have a better recommendation for me?

And second question is, since the following two months are more important to me than the long-term stuff, do you know about a different diet that I could switch to in order to "make my figure smaller" ASAP (=two months tops) and afterwards I would switch to a more long-term friendly diet?

Please note that I'm willing to excercise as hard and as often as you recommend and I can also eat the way you say, I have no issues with keeping up with shit when I make my mind.
Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post.
>>
>>40068619

If you really can't eat more, drink your calories. But really, just eat small portions multiple times a day to get used to eating. It just takes time.
>>
>>40068672
you mean like smoothies?
>>
Increase calories slowly, and you'll get used to it.

Start at maintenance for kcal for one week. Then add 100 kcal each day the next week. Then another 100. After a few weeks you'll be eating a surplus without much issue. It's tough to go from a small eater to bulking so go slow.
>>
>>40069183
Hi, thanks for the reply, however I don't want to be bulking, I need to lose fat/weight
>>
If you're fat, 2 meals is fine.

If you're scrawny, eat more.

if your friends advice clashes with the sticky, ignore it. If it feels unnatural, ignore it.

Go to the gym and stick with it. Work up a sweat doing weights.
>>
Read up on Intermittent Fasting.

Short answer, no, 3 meals a day isn't necessarily an ironclad thing.
>>
File: tumblr_nx6d6w85cz1srovwqo5_1280.png (230KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx6d6w85cz1srovwqo5_1280.png
230KB, 1024x576px
>>40068619

It does not matter for weight loss / muscle gain when you eat, these are functions simply of calories / nutrition in / out. You could have one massive meal a day if your stomach can take it, or have ten small meals a day and still lose weight. Meal timing can affect how you feel though, for example I get sleepy after large meals but feel like I operate my best in the gym after a light snack of some carbs. Find what works for you and stick to your calories and you'll be fine.

Your second point is misinformed. Muscle, just by existing on you, uses more calories to maintain itself than fat. Having more muscle increases the amount of calories your body uses a day just to keep existing, making weight loss easier.

>>40068629

I'm not sure I totally followed what your friend gave you, but it doesn't sound like it's anything special. Specific meal plans are a gimmick. You'll be far better off using a tool (app, website, spreadsheet) that helps manage your calorie intake (I think my fitness Pal is popular) and learning to cook and read food packaging labels. Then you can eat things you like that are healthy, and control your calories. If you are trying to lose weight, you shouldn't be running into the problem of feeling too full, that is counterintuitive.

You can't "confuse the body to burn fat faster" or somehow play around with your metabolism in any big way. You can eat less to lose weight, and work out to encourage muscle growth, whilst eating good protein amounts.

With regards to your two month goal: there is very little you can do to boost things. Fitness and having a great body is a long term goal, with no shortcuts. Your best bet though is to focus on fat loss, generally a skinny person will look better than a chubby person. Eat a calorie defect, don't go above -500 cals too much though as you won't be doing your health any favours by trying to rush it, and might just start to "yo-yo" as you mentally crash and burn out.
>>
>>40070080
thanks you for the post, very informative
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.