[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do for your core? Squats and DLs are simply not enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

What do you do for your core? Squats and DLs are simply not enough no matter what anyone says, and neither are added bodyweight exercises I've noticed. How do you go HEAVY on your core /fit/?
>>
Weighted crunches on a decline bench
DB side bends
Ab wheel

Rotate through
>>
>>40064491
Abb wheel or hanging leg raised. You can add weights to hanging leg raises.
>>
>>40064491
leg raises with kettlebells on my feet
>>
File: 1434612998813.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1434612998813.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>40064520
>>40064523
>Tfw you can't do even a single leg raise

It feels physically impossible to keep my legs straight or to bring them up like that.
>>
>>40064531
Assuming you are mobile enough and the issue lies in your strength, you can start by just raising your knees as high as possible, with your legs bent. At some point you'll be able to do straight leg raises
>>
>>40064531
Start with the knees and than proceed to do the legs
>>
>Do ab wheel
>"Be careful anon"
>"YEAH RIGHT THIS IS EASY HAHAHA"
>Next morning
>Feels like I took a baseball bat to the chest

Ab wheel is god tier. Leg raises are next, then decline sit ups, crunches, etc. I try to do yoga once a week too cause that's a bretty solid core workout
>>
Dragonflags, hanging leg raises and weighted decline sit-ups are what I do.
>>
>>40064491
>Squats and DLs are simply not enough no matter what anyone says, and neither are added bodyweight exercises I've noticed.

By what metric? Aesthetics? You're probably too fat
>>
>>40064491
Ab wheel and cable crunches throw in some leg raises and occasionally landmine 180s
>>
>>40064491
I don't do anything for abs because I injured my back and ab work hurts like a motherfucker. When it's done healing, I'm going to have to slam them with crunches, hanging leg raises, and planks.
>>
>>40064491
Ab wheel is the only one I like.
Feel better during my main lifts since I started using it.
>>
>>40064618
by the metric of having a strong enough core to progress safely and well on the big lifts
>>
>>40064491
Weighted pull ups
>>
>>40064804
Yeah you probably hurt your back because your core is too weak.
>>
>>40065780
what?
>>
Squats
Diddlys
Jiu Jitsu
>>
>>40064491
dragon flags
>>
Cable crunches are the best one I've found.
You aren't fighting gravity in the same way as other variations of crunches, so the lower back risk isn't there.

Nothing hits my abs as hard.
Ab wheel is a close second tho.
>>
>>40064491
Front squats, cleans, snatches
>>
>>40064491

KNEE-TUCKS

FULL TWIST HOLDS

STRAIGHT LEG HOLDS

(FLAG)
>>
>>40066164
(y) Front squats are bae
>>
>>40064491
just do exercises which isolate your abs, fuuuuck man. how many times are we gonna get this question, and if you believed that compounds were enough then you're a fucking degernate

google the basics. do them. progress. repeat.
>>
>>40066085
you pull up or chin up, while doing that, you wear a belt to hold extra weight and hang extra weight to the belt.

clear enough?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.