[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I break this fucking knot!? Found it last night, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: traps-trp7.jpg (48KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
traps-trp7.jpg
48KB, 400x576px
How do I break this fucking knot!?

Found it last night, it's the reason my arm goes a little numb when I'm squatting.

Had the wife roll a lacrosse ball over it, but it hurts like a motherfucker. I mean, I can tolerate pain, but this is some next level shit.

Do I just bite a wooden spoon and pull back into her next time she's rolling it?

How do I get rid of this thing?
>>
>>
yea man, just gotta push through the pain with the lacrosse ball, or get two and make a peanut and just lie on it. Feels amazing after you finally break up painful ass knots
>>
>>40058617

Know any good websites that hint at where a trigger point might be based on numbness and shit? I found that one website where I got that picture from but they want you to buy a book for everything else.
>>
sounds like you might have cubital tunnel syndrome
>>
>>40058958
just buy the e-book on amazon. Its well worth it. . >>40059513
I had convinced myself I had it. However, it was trigger points.
>>
>>40060341
?
>>
>>40060380
Your arm nerve gets messed up due to constriction usually happening in the elbow. I had it and felt numb in the places you pointed, but just with some stretches it went away
>>
With tough knots I would get a physiotherapist message
>>
do you type with your elbows on a desk a lot? do you drive with your arm on the center console? I had this same issue due to the ulnar nerve getting constricted
>>
>>40058499
switch to a high bar squat
>>
My dog. I had the same impingement for a while. Do you have a foam roller? If so I recommend laying it on your spine length wise and basically attempting to draw a snow angel with your arms. The key is to try to touch the ground with the back of your fingers while doing so. Arm circles, basic rotator cuff stretches, along with stretches that mimic the ohp will also help open up your thoracic mobility. Also make sure your arms are vertical and aren't to close to your shoulders when you squat. Gl op
>>
>>40062935
not op, but can u do this everyday?
>>
File: plshelp.jpg (24KB, 604x435px)
plshelp.jpg
24KB, 604x435px
I have the same knot on my other side.

In 4 answers.
>>
I use a tennis ball, put my back up against the wall with the ball in place and pull all my pressure on that ball. It never satisfies enough but it's better than not doing anything
>>
Go to a physio and they will stick an acupuncture needle in it. Feels amazing after that.
>>
>>40062957
To comfort, yes. Just don't overdo it. Your body's probably overcompensating for weak muscles. I noticed I had this problem when I noticed at the end of my bench sets when I was really pushing the barbell would go to one side of my chest because of the lack of mobility and attention I was giving to my left pec. By switching to dumbbells and focusing on form and mobility I fixed the underlying problem
>>
>>40058499
>Do I just bite a wooden spoon and pull back into her next time she's rolling it?

yes, these fuckers hurt
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.