[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dear brothers of /fit/ care you spare some assistance? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_9255.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9255.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
My dear brothers of /fit/ care you spare some assistance?

I really want to start a yoga regimen to help with my mobility and to nurse some nerve issues I'm having. I'd like to get a book, but everything I find is fluffed up with the spiritual and lifestyle talk.
I'd just like a nice, clear cut description of the poses, what they work, how they work, and possibly their progressions.

Do you know of such a tome? A YouTube channel would be fine too.
>>
It's a bit "spiritual" but apart from that I found it helped me pretty well with my tight shoulder.

Some of the girls are also pretty cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42YkywfO2H8&index=1&list=PLsB8Dk1Orvu0dwc81r_IyrlI5_gSsppv2
>>
File: download.png (1KB, 165x117px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1KB, 165x117px
Yoga without all the spiritual frou-frou stuff isn't called yoga. Its called stretching. So just look for a good book on stretching.
>>
File: IMG_9184.jpg (72KB, 578x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9184.jpg
72KB, 578x525px
>>40056839
OP here.
I would agree with you, but what I like about yoga (from what little I've tried in the past) is that it teaches you different ways to transition from one pose to another. I feel this will help more with my mobility issues than just strentching.
>>
>>40056782
see
>>40055483

>>40056839
there's a lot more to yoga than stretching and spirituality
beyond spirituality yoga includes:
development of physical strength
development of mental strength
development of physical flexibility
development of mental flexibility
development of physical balance
stress relief
breath control
heart-rate control
physical healing
mental healing
et al.
>>
>>40057142
Cont. because I forgot the useful part.

try:
Yoga with Adrienne
5 Parks Yoga
or if you can get your hands on it P90X yoga (specifically for strength and muscle building)

Try to vary your practices with practice 4 or more days a week.
1 day power
1 day deep stretch
1 day flow
1 day balance
1 day power
1 day whatever you want but easy
repeat

you have room there for 1 day off, if you want, or to include whatever else you want

practices should be at least 30 minutes, preferably over an hour at least 5 days per week
>>
File: IMG_9205.jpg (275KB, 1354x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9205.jpg
275KB, 1354x900px
>>40057142
Appreciate the thoroughness. Not really needing to be sold on the benefits of yoga, I just need something comprehensive so I can know which direction to take my training.

As for /fit/, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's 4chan, sure, but there are plenty of level headed people on here that give good input. I find that, as long as you don't feed the trolls, you can do just fine.
>>
>>40057344
It's like any successful exercise routine: be comprehensive and don't focus on one aspect of the training or one part of your body.

5 parks is particularly good - lots of different styles of practice available at range of times and levels, plus Erin is super cute.
>>
File: 1390241043281.jpg (1MB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1390241043281.jpg
1MB, 2048x1151px
>>40056839
Do you know of such a tome?
A book:
Light on Yoga
A YouTube channel would be fine too.
30 days if you never done yoga before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpg8mgLmjW0
another 30 days introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZhY4fQWAY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/c/GotROM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFNBcvw46SQ

Stretch X and Yoga X are great too.
>>
>>40057487
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>40057487
>dispassionately contemplating her genitalia
>reflecting on the lives she's entered, and the lives that've entered her
>>
The confusion is that you're interested in Hatha yoga specifically.

Integral Yoga Hatha by Swami Satchidananda has routines for beginners and can take you to advanced. Follow the program completely, including the optic and facial muscle strengthening exercises.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.